Poll

Who in your opinion gives the best aftersales service?

APS
8.1%
3 (8.1%)
Brodex
8.1%
3 (8.1%)
Broxburn
8.1%
3 (8.1%)
Cleantech
21.6%
8 (21.6%)
Omnipole
27%
10 (27%)
Ionics
27%
10 (27%)

Total Members Voted: 36

Who in your opinion gives the best aftersales service?
« on: November 30, 2004, 08:41:03 pm »
Hi all
saw this question on another forum so thought it wiould be good to get some other opinions on here too.
So who in your opinion gives the best aftersales.
Better leave the negative stuff out as don't want anyone spitting out their dummys hay.  ;D.

Over the past 6 months I have had some excellent service from
APS : for a great trolley
Cleantech : For loads of help and advise on different issues and excellent RO.
Omnipole : For their excellent Powerpole and Backpack.

All the above would recommend to anyone.
Thanks lads
Alan

matt

Re: Who in your opinion gives the best aftersales service?
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2004, 10:44:22 pm »
alan, how you doing, long time no see (part of it my fault, but a guy has to have principles ;))

matt

« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2004, 11:22:36 pm »
alan, how you doing, long time no see (part of it my fault, but a guy has to have principles ;))

and no, i dont clean the windows on the popular (but overpriced) high street strore

boom boom, I'll get my coat

choice.clean

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2004, 08:07:50 am »
what is the address for the net for aps?

Majestic

« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2004, 08:38:50 pm »
I vote for Cleantech
Now they are in front with 5 votes
Majestic

replacement

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2004, 08:41:44 pm »
LOL John. I vote for Ominpole so there the same as Ionic now :)

Justin

Philip Hanson

« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2004, 09:20:28 pm »
I don't see the point of this poll.

Everyone will vote for their supplier, because that's who they deal with.

Unless you have experienced aftersales on the same issue with all of the companies mentioned, then you aren't in a position express a fair preference.

For example, if you voted for Ionic because they dealt with an issue to your satisfaction, how do you know that Omnipole would not have dealt with it the same way?

Just my opinion, but this is a poll of who CIU members (which is not a cross section of the market) are supplied by.

I see people are voting to let one supplier "get ahead" of another, I'd argue that this poll has absolutely nothing to do with aftersales, and everything to do with voting for your friends.

-Philip
Editor, Professional Window Cleaner Magazine

"The irony of the information age is that it has given new respectability to uninformed opinion"
John Lawton

Frank_patrick

« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2004, 10:50:30 pm »
i VOTE for OMNIPOLE

matt

« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2004, 11:10:31 pm »
I don't see the point of this poll.

Everyone will vote for their supplier, because that's who they deal with.

Unless you have experienced aftersales on the same issue with all of the companies mentioned, then you aren't in a position express a fair preference.

For example, if you voted for Ionic because they dealt with an issue to your satisfaction, how do you know that Omnipole would not have dealt with it the same way?

Just my opinion, but this is a poll of who CIU members (which is not a cross section of the market) are supplied by.

I see people are voting to let one supplier "get ahead" of another, I'd argue that this poll has absolutely nothing to do with aftersales, and everything to do with voting for your friends.

-Philip

i agree, though i voted Cleantech, as i find them very good

p1w1

« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2004, 07:16:34 pm »
This poll is not to bad of an idea if anything is shows that most of these companys do provide a good service which cant be bad.

Ian Rochester

« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2004, 08:30:36 pm »
Surely the poll should be for poor service, we all aim to supply a best service and I would hope my customers say I was the best.

In reality, they are likely to have little experience of anything else, I give them what they require, when they require it, at a price they are happy with. 

I'm sure the same applies to all the above named, we as customers, find a supplier, and provided they give us all the above criteria, we will stick with them and think they are the best.  How many of us will challenge their suppliers on a regular basis?

If we are having problems, then is the time to name and shame.

« Reply #11 on: December 03, 2004, 07:32:02 pm »
Hi all
I put this poll on as an unbiased opinion from members to the best after sales they have had from suppliers, now it may be a coincident but every time a vote goes in favour of a supplier another pops up for Ionic’s seems as to level the results up.
Can all senior members if this is the case (moderators / ADMIN)
Please stop as I started this topic as wanted some feed back before I buy my van system.
With thanks
Alan

WavieDavie

« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2004, 08:15:34 pm »
Strange you should say that, Alan!

It seemed Cleantech and Omnipole were much the same a couple of days ago, with others trailing. Now Omni has pulled slightly ahead, but Ionics has stormed up to level with them.

Although I've recommended my favourite supplier to  lots of folk, I haven't voted here because I really only have experience of three, or maybe four, and they've just been single purchases apart from the main one.

All the best with the van system - let us know how you get on? I'm going for a vanmount when I upgrade to a bigger van in the new year, and I've been trying to make time to get through to Cleantech when they've got a van in. Partly for nosiness, but mainly to pick Mike's brains, and get ideas of my own once I see what happens on an installation. A low and  w - i - d - e  tank is definitely on the cards for me. Essentially for stability and lower centre of gravity, but also because I've been told that these tanks are fairly robust and can take quite a load on top of them - so gaining more useable space.

Ooops, sorry Alan - went a bit off topic there!
You're a Scottish window-cleaner? Licensed or not, get yourself along to www.slwcn.org right now !

Davie Park
Dalzell Window Cleaning Service - Edinburgh www.windowscleaner.co.uk

« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2004, 08:25:37 pm »
Strange you should say that, Alan!

It seemed Cleantech and Omnipole were much the same a couple of days ago, with others trailing. Now Omni has pulled slightly ahead, but Ionics has stormed up to level with them.

Although I've recommended my favourite supplier to  lots of folk, I haven't voted here because I really only have experience of three, or maybe four, and they've just been single purchases apart from the main one.

All the best with the van system - let us know how you get on? I'm going for a vanmount when I upgrade to a bigger van in the new year, and I've been trying to make time to get through to Cleantech when they've got a van in. Partly for nosiness, but mainly to pick Mike's brains, and get ideas of my own once I see what happens on an installation. A low and  w - i - d - e  tank is definitely on the cards for me. Essentially for stability and lower centre of gravity, but also because I've been told that these tanks are fairly robust and can take quite a load on top of them - so gaining more useable space.

Ooops, sorry Alan - went a bit off topic there!

Hi Davie
My choice too.
A supplier I know fitted one of these low level tank systems in a van later it had a head on and it made good hearing that the tank did not move.
So has changed my mind to when choosing a set up.
Alan

poleman

« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2004, 08:46:24 pm »
IN MY Opinion the company that gives best aftersales is...ME ;D my customers just love me ;D surely its just a vote to see whos got what.

Andy

« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2004, 08:47:35 pm »
Hi Andy
maybe we should put your name on poll to.
Good luck mate
Alan

Forum Admin

« Reply #16 on: December 06, 2004, 10:30:55 am »
Hi Alan

Sorry, I also think that it's not really a fair poll. I don't believe that many (if any) that have voted, would have used all the suppliers and could judge who gave the 'best' service.

If you had asked who of the following gives 'good' service, that may well have been a fairer question but, again, the results would be questionable - I'm sure they all give a good service most of the time and occassionally they all make mistakes which is viewed as poor service.

When all it takes is a handful of votes to make one supplier appear better than another, I think you'll find that members who wouldn't normally get too involved in a topic like this will go out of their way to vote for their 'favorite' supplier rather than to contribute constructively.

Anyway, I'm glad to see you back on the forum - I noticed it's nearly 4 months since you've posted.

Regards

Mike Boxall