martin19842

gg4 solution
« on: November 22, 2004, 07:13:47 pm »
hi there,

a little bit of advice please, as part of our service predomiantely build cleaning 95%, we have to clean the windows, and when we have done the sparkle they look very good.

up until now we have used a standard detergent mix, that does fine, but i have now purchased GG4, and am using it ok,

some people on here have suggested problems with slip etc, and the addition of detergent to the GG4 mix.

any opinions either way

regards

martin

Jake

Re: gg4 solution
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2004, 08:10:42 pm »
Martin

We've been using GG3 over a year now, and wouldn't go back to washing up liquid! The lack of 'slide' does take a bit of getting use to, but a slightly stronger mix than recommended does the trick for us. The icing on the cake to a good sparkle clean, is 'gleaming glass', and there's nowt better than GG3/4!

Jake (Westclean)
Exeter, Devon

sinbad

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2004, 10:06:44 pm »
add a blob the size of a 5p piece  of ecover washing up liquid to 10ml of gg4 to a gallon , to like a rocket 

Central

« Reply #3 on: November 29, 2004, 11:24:53 pm »
Ive had no problem uysing GG4 on its own, just have a play around with the mix your using till you get it right.  Dont bvother adding anything else as your trying to get rid of all the crap thats left on the windows such as the film washing up liquid leaves so Id just try and get the mix right, takes a bit of time to get used to as well if youve been washing up liquid for a while

Ian Rochester

« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2004, 11:49:57 pm »
I would agree not to add anything to GG4 as its overall performance and finish would suffer.  If you add Fairy liquid to it you may as well just use fairy from the start and save a lot of money.

Surely if so many people are unhappy with the slide characteristics of GG4, why aren't the manufacturers changing it's formula, or improving the instructions for use.

I would expect that the water hardness of each area would have a lot to do with it's differing performances, there probably needs to be a sliding scale of dilution rates for various ppm levels

One for the boffins to ponder over.

martin19842

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2004, 07:26:05 am »
hi there,

thanks for all your info,

so far no major problems, am not adding any detergent. just using gg4, and just beefing up the dilution.

does wonders, and no problems.

regards

martin

Mr.G

« Reply #6 on: December 06, 2004, 07:41:10 pm »
I found that to make it work properly,it has to be diluted to the maximun strength. or more!

AuRavelling79

« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2004, 12:31:31 am »
Hi! New to board, but w/cleaning for over  5yrs now. Been using GG4 last six weeks - takes a bit of getting used to. I concur with Sinbad. A tiny drop of Fairy helps the squeegee glide, especially with dog-eared ends. ie 1 gal water/10mlgg4/tiny blob of Fairy! Bob's your mothers brother!
It's a game of three halves!

mickeyfat

« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2004, 01:04:23 pm »
I normally use gg4..i am in a soft area!!
i am now ordering gg3

let you know how i get on