focuscoleraine

Cleaning Conservatory Frames
« on: November 08, 2004, 01:39:53 pm »
Hi All

Just started a Window Cleaning Business a few months ago and I am having a number of requests to clean the External Frames of peoples conservatories.

Anyone know what products/equipment I would need or any other general tips that may be of help.

Cheers!!

R.O.M Cleaning

Re: Cleaning Conservatory Frames
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2004, 11:19:50 am »
If badley stained use cif cream cleaner for first clean,after that if using WFP system go over frames every clean and they will stay clean longer.

mark f

« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2004, 04:06:37 pm »
have done loads of these! tried many different methods. Try a sponge and a healthy dose of flash in your water, it works a treat. If the frames are green then use an abrasive pad first soaked in the same solution but dont touch the glass with the pad they scratch!! :'(

Nick_Purssey

« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2004, 06:31:25 pm »
 The best stuff is PVC u cleaner or similar I get it from Scrim City, or try using ( but carefully) a pressure washer (use a big set of steps to get above it), or of course a wfp even a basic one that connects to a tap can be good for occasional use. But I would not use anything abrasive on plastic frames as it will take the surface off they will then stain more easily.
Nick 

gwrightson

« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2004, 06:51:45 pm »
dont really know if any harm can be done, sure some body will tell me) but
i experimented on my own consevortary , inside and out
i used m/spitters  just sprayed on ,and wiped off came up a treat,
even inside of the roof just spayed, and literaly sea the dirt running down in beads. worth a try ??
unless im told different, but i cant see how if safe on carpets  , sure must be safe on upvcregards geoff
who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha

focuscoleraine

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2004, 03:19:52 pm »
Cheers for the advice folks!!

Much appreciated!!

wrighty

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2004, 08:37:28 pm »
whats m/spitters and where do you get them?

Craig

WavieDavie

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2004, 09:27:34 pm »
Well, M'Lud.

gwrightson posts mainly on the Carpet Cleaners board, so I am led to believe that this term is an abreviation for "Micro Splitters" a phrase I have noted when perusing same board. Just what these little Micro's actually split, I'm not versed in - but I'm sure a decent janitorial supplier with be able to elucidate.

The defence rests.
You're a Scottish window-cleaner? Licensed or not, get yourself along to www.slwcn.org right now !

Davie Park
Dalzell Window Cleaning Service - Edinburgh www.windowscleaner.co.uk

martin19842

« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2004, 09:42:05 pm »
we clean a  lot of upvc windows in build cleans, and the stuff that gets on those frames is anyones guess, non scratch scourers, multi surface cleaner, and elbow grease is the main pre requisite.

and then if all else fails the scraper comes out.

maybe a little be aggressive, but does a fantastic job, and no complaints

regards

martin

gaza

« Reply #9 on: November 24, 2004, 07:22:32 pm »
once cleaned ive been given a tip,use car wax in the same way as for you car,put a coat on makes sense i would say if it only protects it
IM AT THAT AGE MY BACK GOES OUT MORE THAN I DO

petetaylor

« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2004, 09:37:02 pm »
 :)ive tried pvc cleaner and spoke to a bloke who runs a double glazing business and he told me about a product called sprint which i have used for a couple of years it a hard surface cleaner and doesnt need rins ;Ding