kevk

What do you do in the winter?!
« on: October 10, 2004, 07:06:35 pm »
Hi fellas
yet more questions! what do you fellas and ladies get up to when the weather is crappy gonna get started up soon and keep getting thrown these neg questions saying "ah its a seasonal job " and " youll be buggered during the cold weather" surely you people carry on as windows still get grotty!
Help!

dave0123

Re: What do you do in the winter?!
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2004, 07:31:36 pm »
iv been a window cleaner for just over 1 year now i used to work for a company and now i have my own building up great. the answer to your question is yes we work all year. generally  in winter you may get rained off a few times due to windy weather as well. widnow's actully get more dirty due to this bad weather!
Dave.

Gordon_Taylor

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2004, 07:33:25 pm »
Personally the way I see it is that it can't rain every day and when it's not raining then take advantage as much as you can don't forget were better off than some outdoor jobs like Roofing, Bricklaying or Gardeners if they get rained off they then they lose a days money but with us if it's raining in the morning then stops then at lest we can go out and earn half a days money :)

Gordon Taylor

RAIN OR SHINE HAPPY DAYS!!!!
Quality is doing it right, even when no-one is looking.

WavieDavie

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2004, 12:01:45 am »
"ah its a seasonal job "
No it's not - we clean all year round.

"youll be buggered during the cold weather"
I'd prefer the better weather actually. Ooops, sorry - the correct answer is that there's no such thing as bad weather, only inappropriate clothing.
You're a Scottish window-cleaner? Licensed or not, get yourself along to www.slwcn.org right now !

Davie Park
Dalzell Window Cleaning Service - Edinburgh www.windowscleaner.co.uk

John Walker

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2004, 03:05:01 pm »
"youll be buggered during the cold weather"
I'd prefer the better weather actually. Ooops, sorry - the correct answer is that there's no such thing as bad weather, only inappropriate clothing.

Nicely answered Davie - The correct PPE is definately the answer to bad weather and there's certainly plenty of choice these days.

John

ps.  Sorry I missed you at the show - was there both days and kept a look out for someone wearing a kilt   ;)  so don't know how I managed to miss you.
BaxWalker Window Cleaning

WavieDavie

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2004, 05:38:57 pm »
Hi John,

I think it was you who mentioned about squinting at stranger's tums to try and find out their names. To be honest, after a while I gave up doing that but if I heard someone's name - at the contest, in someone else's conversation as I was passing, etc, I'd make myself known.

I emailed the Turret-RAI organiser with a couple of thoughts, one was about the badges - but it got bounced back, his mailbox was probably full - suggesting that next time the name-tags should be around lapel height with the names in much larger and bolder text. After I'd sent it, I had one of those Mazda Lightbulb Moments - why didn't I just tie a knot in the ribbon to shorten it, and then it would have been higher up!  D'oh ::)
You're a Scottish window-cleaner? Licensed or not, get yourself along to www.slwcn.org right now !

Davie Park
Dalzell Window Cleaning Service - Edinburgh www.windowscleaner.co.uk

gaza

« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2004, 10:51:13 pm »
if you get cold,your not working fast enough,brill wheather were havi ng this week,made enough money this week so far to have the rest off,while you all go to work till fank f,,k its friday 8) me on holiday with meet the kids :D :D :D ;D :-* :-*yeah six kids see  if had days off with the wife :-*
IM AT THAT AGE MY BACK GOES OUT MORE THAN I DO