NBwcs

Safety devices New
« on: September 17, 2004, 01:54:19 pm »
Im thinking of buying either the rojak ladder stopper or the ladder mate and would be interested to hear from anyone who has them as to how good they ACTUALLY are. As a sole trader, fairly new to the trade, which would be the best investment? I started with an everyday diy ladder and learnt the hard way (ladder slipped away whilst I was at the top) but luckily ended up more Shaken up than physically hurt. Ive now got a splayed pointer which was worth every penny. Any advice from those ITK would be greatly appreciated.
     Cheers Nick    :o

simonb

Re: Safety devices
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2004, 08:58:17 pm »
The first thing to get is safety feet, they are always attached so no fiddling around with other bits.
The best ones have large round rubber pads a bit like suction cups.

Col

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2004, 09:32:48 pm »
The round safety feet are the buisness also you can replace the rubber suction pads when they wear out.
Perfect solution for wet concrete and they do not sink into manicured lawns!
I personally only use ladders up to first floor anything above is either done from inside or with w.f.p.
I remember slipping ladders,a 3 section aswell,and thought never again.
Sold the 3 section and never looked back.
Jelly legs last an hour but a broken back takes longer to heal.

NBwcs

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2004, 11:52:37 pm »
Thanks for that, Do these safety feet attach to a splayed base as well as a standard straight legged ladder? ???

Rob_Mac

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2004, 11:59:23 pm »
Ive just got rid of a very good wooden ladder with round safetys on. They are good as long as the surface is completely flat. Try polar feet with the nodules underneath. No slip - seriously heavy duty - drill through the rubber and then peg through on soft ground with screwdrivers

leander

« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2004, 08:56:11 pm »
With regard to ladder safety regardless of height you must consider both ends...they can both slip. My two best investments are articulated rubber feet and the ladderfix microlite. The 'micro' has saved my life on more than one occasion.

David_Harris

« Reply #6 on: November 28, 2004, 09:03:29 pm »
I personally use a Laddermate which I find excellent.   It is very sturdy and quick and easy to use, I feel very safe on it as it is impossible for the ladder to slip backwards.

wash & go window cleaners

« Reply #7 on: November 29, 2004, 07:57:47 pm »
Hi
   WE USE RUBBER ARTICULATED FEET & LADDERMATE AFTER USING STANDARD LADDERS FOR MANY YEARS. THEY ARE WELL WORTH THE MONEY ABOUT 25 QUID A PAIR FOR ARTICULATED FEET.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2004, 10:44:39 pm »
I use "ladder mitts" in addition to articulated "lyte" feet - I feel much safer and put my ladder on transom bars and upvc cills for easier access. Would never work without them!
It's a game of three halves!