Clean Cloth

Conservatory panels
« on: March 14, 2022, 03:49:15 pm »
This question is for both WFP and Traditional window cleaners.

When you clean the windows of a porch or Conservatory do you clean the UPVC panels below the windows?
I do not, I clean the glass, fames and sills.

KS Cleaning

Re: Conservatory panels
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2022, 04:05:56 pm »
Depends if the customer wants the panels cleaned, if they do and they are willing to pay the price I quote, I will clean them.

NWH

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2022, 04:25:33 pm »
Awful things they are cold as ice in winter just plastic filled with insulation,I would clean the bit above the glass under the gutter frames and sills including all that plastic below is a good clean down and I’d charge extra for it,free if they are a good customer though 😂.

Smudger

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2022, 04:46:09 pm »
Generally no - I price for the glass - panels are extra or for when we do a full exterior clean to the conservatory

Usually roofs are not included - however I have a dozen or so that like them washed over on every other clean - again priced separately

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

NWH

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2022, 07:14:04 pm »
I’ve got a roof booked in this week I wish I’d never said I’d do it the bloke has texted me about 7-8 times saying the builders are finishing it’s all dry etc absolute idiot he is,he’ll pay for badgering me lol you can crack on and do far more without the ball ache of roofs etc.

richard connett

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2022, 08:40:52 pm »
A quick brush over usually. Would try not to spend too much time on it but if you see green building up it’s hard to ignore it

CleanClear

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2022, 10:32:31 pm »
This question is for both WFP and Traditional window cleaners.

When you clean the windows of a porch or Conservatory do you clean the UPVC panels below the windows?
I do not, I clean the glass, fames and sills.

No ones answer is gonna help you. You need to sort out with your customer what they expect and what you thought you where gonna do. If i told you i do clean them, how does it help you ? If i told you i don't clean them, how does it help you ?

Speak to your customer, explain what you thought you where meant to do vs what they thought you where gonna do, sort it out.
*Status*--------Currently Online---------

NWH

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2022, 10:43:55 pm »
Anyone cleaning trad these days needs their head testing.

Ascjim

« Reply #8 on: March 15, 2022, 09:04:34 am »
Of course, it's part of the frame in my option.

NWH

« Reply #9 on: March 15, 2022, 12:36:42 pm »
I don’t agree with that things like that never used to get cleaned traditionally I would charge extra for cleaning anything other than glass frames and sills.

Jay Le Huray

« Reply #10 on: March 15, 2022, 03:37:27 pm »
I always clean the panels but allow for it when pricing up, in my view there is nothing worse than clean windows with dirty green panels

NWH

« Reply #11 on: March 15, 2022, 05:09:21 pm »
There’s nothing worse than cleaning a load of plastic when you ain’t getting paid for it either.

Stoots

« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2022, 06:41:29 pm »
Yes i usually do tbh but thats only because it does my head in looking at them being green. I probably only have 2 or 3 houses where i do this and its only a quick whip over i dont spend time making it flawless.

If you cba then dont do it, not like they are paying you for it

Stoots

« Reply #13 on: March 15, 2022, 06:43:32 pm »
I’ve got a roof booked in this week I wish I’d never said I’d do it the bloke has texted me about 7-8 times saying the builders are finishing it’s all dry etc absolute idiot he is,he’ll pay for badgering me lol you can crack on and do far more without the ball ache of roofs etc.

Haha i think we all do this at times

can you do my gutters , oh yeh go on then i`ll do them next time i do your windows.. . soon as youve said it you regret it   :'(

Ascjim

« Reply #14 on: March 15, 2022, 07:33:12 pm »
There’s nothing worse than cleaning a load of plastic when you ain’t getting paid for it either.

This is why you quote for it, what's the point in doing half a job?

NWH

« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2022, 08:11:58 pm »
I agree but if you start off just cleaning frames and sills etc and this is agreed at the start some customers say ah don’t worry about that bottom bit,2 years down the line when its green and they come out and say you couldn’t clean that as well can you just give it a flash over  and when you clean it quick and it looks awful you find yourself there for another 15-20 minutes scrubbing the life out of it for nothing.

Mike Burd

« Reply #16 on: March 16, 2022, 09:38:50 am »
I agree but if you start off just cleaning frames and sills etc and this is agreed at the start some customers say ah don’t worry about that bottom bit,2 years down the line when its green and they come out and say you couldn’t clean that as well can you just give it a flash over  and when you clean it quick and it looks awful you find yourself there for another 15-20 minutes scrubbing the life out of it for nothing.
Well you could explain it will be £20 because….

NWH

« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2022, 10:36:39 am »
You could do I agree but I don’t do many like that which may cost em £20,when I quote a job today I look at everything and quote it from the start.
The windows will be X if you want insides cleaning as well it will be X and so on so they know for future reference it saves a lot of Agro I find.

Mike Burd

« Reply #18 on: March 16, 2022, 10:37:48 am »
You could do I agree but I don’t do many like that which may cost em £20,when I quote a job today I look at everything and quote it from the start.
The windows will be X if you want insides cleaning as well it will be X and so on so they know for future reference it saves a lot of Agro I find.
I meant an extra £20 to clean the panels.

Smudger

« Reply #19 on: March 16, 2022, 02:58:41 pm »
Nigel doesn’t get out of his van for £20 - he keeps on trucking  ;D

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk