markymark

Re: Dog poo!
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2022, 08:02:56 am »
It never ceases to surprise/depress me how other people live. I can't understand how they can sit on the patio in summer with the cloying stench of dog s41te wafting across the lawn.
When I first started wfp a customer (solicitor, quite smug with herself and her station in life) asked if I was ok with getting around the logs her labrador had left. She was too busy to clean it up, and her son's never bothered, "you know what young lads are like" - they were early 20's, and obviously not used to tidying up after themselves, never mind a dog. I said I wasn't, and would really appreciate it if someone could clean up before I cleaned the next time. She agreed, and I thought the ground rules were set. What I didn't count on was next time I turned up, householder forewarned, the poop scoop and bags were left out. She popped her head out to ask if I'd like a brew and to point out she'd left the scoop there for me to clean up what looked like a couple of weeks worth of dog mines.
"No thanks", kit away, back in the van number blocked.
The good thing about science is that it's true whether you believe it or not.

alank

« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2022, 08:40:34 am »
It's definitely a people problem and not the dogs fault.
It doesn't matter rich or not so well off some people just appear to be blind to the dog turds or they don't see it as a problem.
We had a customer years ago who had a few rottweilers when we priced the job up they said clean all the windows you can get too but miss the side patio doors etc where the dogs are fenced in.
When cleaning the windows the dogs would run around the patio area stand in their own poop and then go through the patio doors into the house  :o
One summer day they were out there with wine and nibbles and obviously they just lived like that.
Lots of people get dogs and don't even bother to exercise them or clean up after them and once the puppy stage is over they are not interested.
I've owned dogs all my life and currently have a lurcher and terrier that live in the house.
They are walked at least three-four times a day hence we don't have dogs poop in our garden or yards and yes we pick it up outdoors unlike a lot  ;D

Phil J

« Reply #22 on: March 13, 2022, 11:58:33 am »
I know it's difficult sometimes because we don't want to lose good-paying work but you have to draw the line sometimes. I've binned off two long-standing customers in the past couple of weeks for that very reason. I even put a really nice note through one of them's front door explaining the difficulty in cleaning the backyard due to the dog mess and they totally blanked me, so it's bye-bye from me and you can find somebody else.

Jay Le Huray

« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2022, 01:09:17 pm »
I ditched a £17 job last week as I was fed up with trying to skip the dog poo

NWH

« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2022, 01:34:47 pm »
Years ago I mentioned this to a customer and she just laughed about it,I got dogs and cats all over my hose and shoes and hands before I realised.
I wouldn’t even entertain a job like that these days you should be able to tell when you first go and look how it’s gonna go with the 💩.

robbo333

« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2022, 06:10:58 pm »
If it's cleared up then fair enough.
If not, I'm too busy to 'tip toe' around and they have no respect for people working on their property.
Dumped!
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

Mike Burd

« Reply #26 on: March 14, 2022, 05:42:05 am »
Years ago I mentioned this to a customer and she just laughed about it,I got dogs and cats all over my hose and shoes and hands before I realised.
I wouldn’t even entertain a job like that these days you should be able to tell when you first go and look how it’s gonna go with the 💩.
I guess if it was a big house you'd pick it up for free though. Only take 10 minutes.  ;D

Richard iSparkle

« Reply #27 on: March 14, 2022, 06:57:20 am »
it's always going to feel a bit embarrassing but we just give them a knock when we see the problem and ask if they could clean it up for us so we can clean the back or whatever. dog owners tend to know as soon as you mention it and are apologetic and embarrassed.

if they aren't in and its bad we just clean what we can and leave a note saying back not cleaned because of dog pooh and they get charged full price for the visit.

for most people this approach is fine and works well.
iSparkle Window Cleaning

www.isparklewindowcleaning.uk

CleanClear

« Reply #28 on: March 14, 2022, 10:35:53 pm »
We have a handful of customers that never get their dogs poo up from month to month its vile and I know most will say ditch the customer but these are big houses I'm talking about £40 to £60 a house. Is there anything I could say to the customer without insulting them?

Just thank god toy breeds are in fashion like french bulldogs, sausage dogs etc... Back in my day Alsations, Dobermans and Rotweillers where in fashion. On the plus side, they where easier to spot !!!  ;D
*Status*--------Currently Online---------

NWH

« Reply #29 on: March 14, 2022, 10:45:04 pm »
Yeah back in them days you could take one yourself in the old garden if they had one of them and get away with it 💩🤣🤣🤣🤣

james peters

« Reply #30 on: March 16, 2022, 07:05:37 pm »
I have 2 border collies .  I have to pick up their turds daily without fail.
I would be embarrassed if someone came to do work  in my garden if I hadnt cleaned up

Just last week i stopped going to one customer £40  job , because its horrendous . the turds are fluffy meaning they have been there weeks.
I  dont need to explain to her , I would imagine she knows why i havnt called

Ggh

« Reply #31 on: March 16, 2022, 07:35:16 pm »
Unless they’re working dogs, I’m not sure why people have them. Horrible things.
Z21 cherry picker and operator for hire
From £350/day

Col

« Reply #32 on: March 16, 2022, 10:08:09 pm »
Dog poop!
Snowflakes
Twice this year I have stood in fox poope
Twice this year I have stood at the back of my van and hosed my boots and bottom of trousers down
Twice I have driven home with the windows open in winter
Twice I have stripped off behind my front door and put a washing on
Twice I have washed my nostrils out with soapy fingers because you know you are never getting that smell away
Twice that has happened on high end city centre jobs
Never stood on a dog poope in years though...

Mike Burd

« Reply #33 on: March 17, 2022, 03:58:26 am »
I have 2 border collies .  I have to pick up their turds daily without fail.
I would be embarrassed if someone came to do work  in my garden if I hadnt cleaned up

Just last week i stopped going to one customer £40  job , because its horrendous . the turds are fluffy meaning they have been there weeks.
I  dont need to explain to her , I would imagine she knows why i havnt called
Unless it’s a middle of the night emergency, ours don’t go in the garden at all. One longish walk (both getting on so only a mile) and two very short ones - again to protect their knees and they do it all then.

james peters

« Reply #34 on: March 17, 2022, 09:11:20 am »
Unless they’re working dogs, I’m not sure why people have them. Horrible things.
opinionated tw8t

Granny

« Reply #35 on: March 17, 2022, 12:52:28 pm »
opinionated tw8t
Surely he has a right to his opinion - just because it doesn't coincide with yours you think you have the right to call him a nasty name?
In essence that sums up the attitude of a lot of dog owners in this country.
Many are extremely selfish and care more about a dumb dog than a fellow human being.
For instance how may children have been maimed and killed by dogs?
How many Posties are injured and have to retire each year because of dog attacks?
How many decent neighbours have their lives blighted by the constant whining and barking of dogs kept by selfish owners?
They deposit hundreds of not thousands of tons of toxic waste indiscriminately across the country.
Go to any so called beauty spot  frequented by dog walkers and you will see plastic bags of dog $#1!e hanging from the hedges, fences and trees.
I have given up a lot of good jobs because of it often after putting a lot of effort on the first clean, not to mention washing hoses, boots, clothes etc.
There, that's my opinion I'm waiting for the hate fest and the death threats now! Feel free ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

james peters

« Reply #36 on: March 17, 2022, 03:21:39 pm »
opinionated tw8t
Surely he has a right to his opinion - just because it doesn't coincide with yours you think you have the right to call him a nasty name?
In essence that sums up the attitude of a lot of dog owners in this country.
Many are extremely selfish and care more about a dumb dog than a fellow human being.
For instance how may children have been maimed and killed by dogs?
How many Posties are injured and have to retire each year because of dog attacks?
How many decent neighbours have their lives blighted by the constant whining and barking of dogs kept by selfish owners?
They deposit hundreds of not thousands of tons of toxic waste indiscriminately across the country.
Go to any so called beauty spot  frequented by dog walkers and you will see plastic bags of dog $#1!e hanging from the hedges, fences and trees.
I have given up a lot of good jobs because of it often after putting a lot of effort on the first clean, not to mention washing hoses, boots, clothes etc.
There, that's my opinion I'm waiting for the hate fest and the death threats now! Feel free ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
2 peas in a pod

Ggh

« Reply #37 on: March 17, 2022, 04:08:46 pm »
Woof woof.
Z21 cherry picker and operator for hire
From £350/day

NWH

« Reply #38 on: March 17, 2022, 04:59:53 pm »
If I come across a person that doesn’t like animals I won’t bother with them,it can tell you a lot about a person imo only of course 👌.

robbo333

« Reply #39 on: March 17, 2022, 05:18:00 pm »
The more people I meet...the more I like my dog.
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"