Klean07

Dog poo!
« on: March 11, 2022, 11:07:20 am »
We have a handful of customers that never get their dogs poo up from month to month its vile and I know most will say ditch the customer but these are big houses I'm talking about £40 to £60 a house. Is there anything I could say to the customer without insulting them?
kkleanwindowcleaning.co.uk

G Griffin

Re: Dog poo!
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2022, 11:57:08 am »
Express your health and safety concerns.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

SB Cleaning

« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2022, 12:10:15 pm »
Cat cr.ap is much worse

a900

« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2022, 12:18:26 pm »
Had the same this morning. Ended up on my hand pulling more hose around the corner.

I speak to or text the customer to explain. I usually mention it gets on our hoses which gets on our hands and its only one step from our eyes. If they are not embarrassed and change we cancel them. they usually are very apologetic.

alank

« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2022, 12:19:15 pm »
Yes it is a health and safety issue and we shouldn't have to put up with it. We've had some in the past where the front of the property is clean then you go through the gate and the back has barkers eggs all over, I just close the gate and don't clean the backs.
I always inform customers that we will not clean if there is dog mess.
They are usually on the ball with their cleaning up after their pets once they know that you aren't prepared to dodge around trying to avoid dog poop.
If they don't clean up I don't clean the windows they can get someone else simples.

Simon Trapani

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2022, 12:36:29 pm »
I don’t put up with it no matter what no more. I just dump no matter the cost. It’s disgusting. That’s just how some people live. Dirty pigs.

Spruce

« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2022, 02:48:23 pm »
I don’t put up with it no matter what no more. I just dump no matter the cost. It’s disgusting. That’s just how some people live. Dirty pigs.

I agree ^^^
 When we needed the business, we put up with it. Now, no way. One we dumped just didn't understand our concerns. Another told us we needed his business and now we could ##''** off, and he slammed the door. Good thing he paid us before I voiced our concerns.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

tlwcs

« Reply #7 on: March 11, 2022, 02:54:15 pm »
Do you send a reminder  text the evening b4?
I enclose the line ‘please ensure all dog poo is removed’
If they don’t mention it and if they continue not clearing, then dump
I bet they’re all wolves fans!

G Griffin

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2022, 03:12:51 pm »
That'll teach um ;D.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Simon Trapani

« Reply #9 on: March 11, 2022, 03:18:20 pm »
It does! Because there’s plenty of other work out there.

DJW

« Reply #10 on: March 11, 2022, 04:09:00 pm »
I dump.

Bungle

« Reply #11 on: March 11, 2022, 04:20:37 pm »
I trod in a poo bag full of cat cr4p yesterday. It burst on impact 🤮
We look at them, they look through them.

simon w

« Reply #12 on: March 11, 2022, 04:22:12 pm »
I think their attitude stinks  ;D

Slacky

« Reply #13 on: March 11, 2022, 04:47:38 pm »

lal

« Reply #14 on: March 11, 2022, 05:05:26 pm »

When i arrive at a new job, if there is dog mess there, i tell the owners i need the dog mess cleaned up before i start
     the job, most people are apologetic and obliging, ive had the odd idiot challenge me, because i had the nerve to ask them
     would they clean up the mess, with the idiots with attitude,  i just tell them to get someone else to do the job, and drive off.

Mike Burd

« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2022, 05:39:58 pm »
I dump.
And you complain about dogs?

G Griffin

« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2022, 05:54:41 pm »
I'd contact the police but that'd make me a stool pigeon.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

Tristan R Clean

« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2022, 06:00:49 pm »
I have had issues with dog muck been left before.
I will not do any with shog dite at all now.
We used to live in a flat and the neighbour above would leave her dog mess on our shared path.
I took the liberty to clean it up - tucking it to one side.
She came back worse for wear one night and trod in it - all the way through her flat.
She brayed on our door and lost it - expletives, threats the lot.
Called me passive aggressive.
Sometimes you can’t win🙄
T

Simon Trapani

« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2022, 06:44:59 pm »
I’ve even had customers offer to clear it up there & then but even that’s not good enough because you still got the wet smudge to stand in or drag your hose through.

If that’s how they live, that’s how they live. I find you’re not going to change them.

We text for gates & include about clearing any dog mess but i point blank refuse requests where there is no locked gate, they just want a text so they can clear up the poo. I draw the line there.

I am a dog owner so I know what it’s like, especially in the winter when it’s dark out & you still got to pick it up but have a job to see it or the grass is all soggy etc. But it’s all part of being a dog owner. Some people just don’t see it like that.

Worse is when you see piles of dog mess & then  their kids trike or toys next it! Unbelievable.

Rant over. Just a big hate of mine & arguably one of the worst things about window cleaning imo.

G Griffin

« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2022, 06:46:51 pm »
I have had issues with dog muck been left before.
I will not do any with shog dite at all now.
We used to live in a flat and the neighbour above would leave her dog mess on our shared path.
I took the liberty to clean it up - tucking it to one side.
She came back worse for wear one night and trod in it - all the way through her flat.
She brayed on our door and lost it - expletives, threats the lot.
Called me passive aggressive.
Sometimes you can’t win🙄
T
Was she shit faced?
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐