Splash & dash

Re: LPG Users...
« Reply #60 on: August 30, 2019, 09:18:39 pm »
Our leccy is 15p per kilowatt.
3kw element so 3kw per hour.
45p per hour.
13 x 45 = £5.85

Night rate tariff's are no good to me, have 2 kids and use a lot of electric during the day.

I would like a proper diesel heater but not willing to part with that amount of money for it, someone will be doing it cheaper soon, always happens.

I seam to remember somewhere I think you said you are doing  around 65k per year by spending a bit of that on a diesel heater it would be good for your tax bill 😂😂😂 . We work a lot on the coast and I have to say with salt ,sand, seagull poo baked on to widows , hot is so much quicker , easier and better results, I could never go back to cold , Ime sure if you got a proper hot system you would soon see the advantages ,and use it all year round ,as we do

Spotfree

« Reply #61 on: August 30, 2019, 09:26:20 pm »
45p per hour.
13 x 45 = £5.85

Night rate tariff's are no good to me, have 2 kids and use a lot of electric during the day.

I would like a proper diesel heater but not willing to part with that amount of money for it, someone will be doing it cheaper soon, always happens.

I seam to remember somewhere I think you said you are doing  around 65k per year by spending a bit of that on a diesel heater it would be good for your tax bill 😂😂😂 . We work a lot on the coast and I have to say with salt ,sand, seagull poo baked on to widows , hot is so much quicker , easier and better results, I could never go back to cold , Ime sure if you got a proper hot system you would soon see the advantages ,and use it all year round ,as we do

I do work hard, and I would like one, but its still a lot of money to spend.

Splash & dash

« Reply #62 on: August 30, 2019, 09:30:13 pm »
45p per hour.
13 x 45 = £5.85

I agree with what you are saying , but as far as Ime concerned it makes my working day much easier ,faster, and more productive , it’s a no brainier , I wish now I had got one years ago but there you go  hindsight is a wonderful thing   

Dry Clean

« Reply #63 on: August 30, 2019, 09:57:21 pm »
45p per hour.
13 x 45 = £5.85

Its only a lot of money to spend if it doesn't pay its way, liking one is for Dazmond, Jonny 87 and all the other faffers, needing one means you have no choice but to find a way to buy one because without it you are losing money.

Slacky

« Reply #64 on: August 30, 2019, 10:27:57 pm »
Let’s not forget  that a gas  on demand boiler  only gives hot water after fire up , each time you finish a job the water in the hose will cool , when you start again it will take a while for the hot water to get to the brush head, and more often than not you could already be half way through before any benefit is gotten.
That for me was the falling down point with LPG , it would have to be on all day to maintain a decent temperature, that would cost way more than diesel heating

Not if you circulate it.

Splash & dash

« Reply #65 on: August 30, 2019, 10:49:16 pm »
Let’s not forget  that a gas  on demand boiler  only gives hot water after fire up , each time you finish a job the water in the hose will cool , when you start again it will take a while for the hot water to get to the brush head, and more often than not you could already be half way through before any benefit is gotten.
That for me was the falling down point with LPG , it would have to be on all day to maintain a decent temperature, that would cost way more than diesel heating

Not if you circulate it.

That’s true but it’s not supposed to be running  between jobs , so you cannot circulate it , if you run it continuously you will need a tanker behind you to supply enough gas 😂😂😂

P @ F

« Reply #66 on: August 31, 2019, 12:42:52 am »
Above is so true , and  don’t forget the 20 minute cut out  ,  gas is a no go with re-circ  !
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

Spotfree

« Reply #67 on: August 31, 2019, 08:32:56 am »
I've got 4 farmhouses to do this morning, all 8 weeks (10 weeks due to summer break) and they get full of the countryside on the glass and frames.

I put 400 liters in last night and put the immersion on for 12 hours, so I should have 70+ degrees this morning. I am hoping for 65 degrees on the glass.

I should know by the end of today if I do want hot or not.

Jonny 87

« Reply #68 on: August 31, 2019, 09:03:09 am »
I've got 4 farmhouses to do this morning, all 8 weeks (10 weeks due to summer break) and they get full of the countryside on the glass and frames.

I put 400 liters in last night and put the immersion on for 12 hours, so I should have 70+ degrees this morning. I am hoping for 65 degrees on the glass.

One other downside to the immersion is that your starting temp is your starting temp. You can’t adjust it. There’s certain houses I definitely wouldn't be using 60 degree water on. Thin pains of glass can crack etc.

If they are double glazed units you should be ok though. 
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

Spotfree

« Reply #69 on: August 31, 2019, 09:29:10 am »

One other downside to the immersion is that your starting temp is your starting temp. You can’t adjust it. There’s certain houses I definitely wouldn't be using 60 degree water on. Thin pains of glass can crack etc.

If they are double glazed units you should be ok though.

Good point, I wouldn't of considered that.

Thanks