nathankaye

Worse than juliet balcony
« on: February 26, 2018, 12:56:28 pm »
Flipping designers

Lets stick some reinforced glass in front instead of a juliet balcony. Forget getting a window cleaner, do them yourselves you lazy home owner is what they must be thinking
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Stoots

Re: Worse than juliet balcony
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2018, 03:33:25 pm »
I hate these new build with the metal frames and stupid balcony's.

Thankfully I don't have any anymore

nathankaye

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2018, 03:51:42 pm »
Yea, this was a one off for a good customer who asked. Think its her daughters house. Initially I thought, great a new area I'll post some flyers whilst im there. Then i saw what they looked like and thought better of it
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Don Kee

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2018, 04:23:05 pm »
Stick your flyers through anyway and just explain you cant do the bottom half of the window...?

Den68

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2018, 04:49:09 pm »
Stick your flyers through anyway and just explain you cant do the bottom half of the window...?

That’s exactly what  I do, apart from one enormous house where I do the insides every 8 weeks so I trad the windows and use a internal cleaning pad vikan easyshine as best as I can on the inside balcony bit of a pain I must admit.

Bungle

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2018, 07:28:04 pm »
Flipping designers

Lets stick some reinforced glass in front instead of a juliet balcony. Forget getting a window cleaner, do them yourselves you lazy home owner is what they must be thinking

Lazy builder left a splat of white paint on the brickwork.
We look at them, they look through them.

the king

« Reply #6 on: February 26, 2018, 08:32:55 pm »
ive got a few of these jobs but one of them gives me the key to her house on the same day i clean the building she works in so i can clean both sides ect but the other ones i tell them sorry cant get to the doors

britishwill

« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2018, 03:17:57 pm »
I have about 5 of these types of houses. The way I get around it is too put some pole hose on a brush head and go up a ladder and use it with my hand that way you can do all 3 sides of the glass. Works for me and I do not have to go inside anymore.

Simon Trapani

« Reply #8 on: February 27, 2018, 03:25:22 pm »
I'd rather just ditch the job(s).

nathankaye

« Reply #9 on: February 27, 2018, 03:30:26 pm »
I'd rather just ditch the job(s).

Absolutely,, i did this as a one off clean for a good customer, but no way would i canvass the area for more work
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Blackadder

« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2018, 01:24:24 pm »
I have a set of new build townhouses where I have every customer, they all have these stupid balconies in triplicate, I have to do them on a Saturday or Sunday due to the fact I have to go inside every house to trad the balconies, it’s every 8 weeks and I get lots of tea and cake plus about £300....but I still dread the day it comes up  ;D