mufcglen

boss poles
« on: February 08, 2018, 02:30:58 pm »
has anyone used one of these yet, seen people talking about them on the facebook pages and aparantly better grade carbon then gardiner they claim,soon to be the best poles on the market they claim?

Delta

Re: boss poles
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2018, 02:35:16 pm »
Price seems very high.
Will stick with my new bendy SLX 25 from Gardiners.
Yes I did say bendy. The new poles seem to be very whippy compared with the older SLX25. Not sure why.

mufcglen

« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2018, 02:48:44 pm »
i use slx 22 pal but got a slx39 i put that down to 25 size once to work with and found whippy, only thing i put it down to was each pole section is slightly longer than a 22

Delta

« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2018, 02:55:12 pm »
SLX 22 is my fave pole but doesn't quite reach the 3 story stuff. SLX 25 is too long and whippy.
Might try X-Line next time.

colin bird

« Reply #4 on: February 09, 2018, 09:45:07 pm »
Price seems very high.
Yes I did say bendy. The new poles seem to be very whippy compared with the older SLX25. Not sure why.

Yes I agree,they are  not the same quality as they used to be,my six month old slx pole looks the same as the two year old pole I replaced it for,Alex g advised  the quality has not changed I think he may be fibbing

mufcglen

« Reply #5 on: February 09, 2018, 09:59:41 pm »
Funnily enough I bought a new slx22 in August time, used 3-4 days a week regular maintained and it looks more used then the one I replaced it with plus I mentioned a while back a problem I had with the staining from the carbon on my hand, more so than usual with the poles I used before and it’s still giving off little itchy fibres so I’ve had to wear gloves full time now😡

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2018, 09:11:58 am »
Price seems very high.

Yes I agree,they are  not the same quality as they used to be,my six month old slx pole looks the same as the two year old pole I replaced it for,Alex g advised  the quality has not changed I think he may be fibbing

Apart from being morally & ethically wrong to ‘fib’ it is also not a good business idea as long term a reputation for being honest and transparent is worth more than any quick sale by deception  :)

The quality, carbon type, construction method, carbon finish & assembly methods of the SLX range has not changed in the last 5 years.

We have in the last 5 years improved the parts used in the clamp levers sets & improved quality control in the factory & in the post construction quality checking though.

The only real change has been that the SLX poles now cost us a good amount more to make due to the devaluation of the pound - something that we have mostly absorbed without passing on to the client.

Any perceived changes will usually be down to some external environmental issue (unless there is a manufacturing fault) that the pole has encountered ie using a heavier brush, longer gooseneck, a non-Gardiner after market device fitted, different worker, different work rounds or property makeup, or a change in cleaning and maintenance of the pole.

Since the SLX was introduced 10 + years ago there are now many more choices of carbon poles available in the market place - so it is relatively easy to choose an alternative  :)

However if you feel that you have a specific product issue that needs looking at our Customer Service Team are ready to help. Please email them on sales@gardinerpolesystems.co.uk with the details of the issue.

Marc Stock

« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2018, 11:33:34 am »
I wont use anything else other than Gardiners.

Being an ex Brodex customer, i can tell you being fibbed to was the norm for them.

Sean claiming to be a Water Chemist? Whatever... i dont care sean i just want you to be honest for a change and stop lying about your shoddy products.

Delta

« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2018, 02:23:24 pm »
Alex, with respect your wrong. The SLX25 has far more flex in it now than it used to. It's like a CLX pole now.

Tristan R Clean

« Reply #9 on: February 10, 2018, 02:50:59 pm »
Has anybody got any reliable proof of this.
The only true way to do this would be to put an old slx 25 ft up against a new slx 25 ft.
Then post a video of the visible difference.

Tris

KS Cleaning

« Reply #10 on: February 10, 2018, 03:07:32 pm »
Has anybody got any reliable proof of this.
The only true way to do this would be to put an old slx 25 ft up against a new slx 25 ft.
Then post a video of the visible difference.

Tris
Comparing the flex of a new pole and an old pole wouldn't be a reliable test either tho.

Alex Gardiner

« Reply #11 on: February 10, 2018, 03:12:58 pm »
Alex, with respect your wrong. The SLX25 has far more flex in it now than it used to. It's like a CLX pole now.

Of course you are entitled to your opinion of my wrongness or rightness :)

What age SLX are you comparing it against - there really has been no change in the construction of the carbon tube section in the last 5 years.

If you have a pole that is as flexible as a CLX pole then it may be that you have a pole that is not correctly made - email me your name and I can look up your purchase history to look into this further for you.

NWH

« Reply #12 on: February 10, 2018, 03:36:24 pm »
I have an extreme 35ft hardly used at all with not quiet having the over extension bands showing imo it has to much flex,you wouldn’t think it’s only a step up from the 25.

Mick Kent

« Reply #13 on: February 10, 2018, 03:40:36 pm »
I have a problem too Alex.
My SLX25 just wont die on me..it is 9 years old, on the 2nd set of clamps (smart)..
I bash it about, scrape it on roofs, drop it on the floor whilst working with it everyday on domestic, commercial and builders cleans with grit and dirt getting stuck between sections, it doesnt spin or anything on me.
I dont maintain it, clean it or put stop tape on each section. Its just bomb proof.
Id love a shinny new 1 but i could never part with my old trusty pole that i have had for so long.
Pukka pole.

Tristan R Clean

« Reply #14 on: February 10, 2018, 03:47:10 pm »
In all fairness KS Cleaning an old pole , worn, would have thinner walls so would flex more.
So if a new pole had more flex than an old pole there would be concerns.

So it would be worth comparing.

Tris

« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2018, 03:55:11 pm »
Never heard of these boss poles and even after a quick search I can't find any info or pics of them let alone prices. Does anybody have a link so I know what you're on about ?

dazmond

« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2018, 07:53:25 pm »
IMO the 25 ft SLX is the best every day carbon pole for your money....

If you want to make it more rigid dont extend the sections fully and use a very light brush like an xtreme or ultimate.itll be super rigid then....these poles are sturdy,light and last....
price higher/work harder!

mufcglen

« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2018, 07:55:53 pm »
I have to say I’ve not noticed any more flex on my new slx22 to my one I bought about 2 years ago but like I said in past I’m certain there’s something different about the carbon on it to be getting little fibres in my hands and the pic I posted a while ago of my dried out black stained hand that really wouldn’t come off, luckily I’m used to wearing gloves now so it’s not an issue and in 6 months I’ll sell it buy a new one as I like to keep them updated!
The boss poles pal are being sold by bladeright window cleaning, he’s on Facebook pages but think he has a website too.
His own made poles

mufcglen

dai

« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2018, 08:35:13 pm »
I have to say I’ve not noticed any more flex on my new slx22 to my one I bought about 2 years ago but like I said in past I’m certain there’s something different about the carbon on it to be getting little fibres in my hands and the pic I posted a while ago of my dried out black stained hand that really wouldn’t come off, luckily I’m used to wearing gloves now so it’s not an issue and in 6 months I’ll sell it buy a new one as I like to keep them updated!
The boss poles pal are being sold by bladeright window cleaning, he’s on Facebook pages but think he has a website too.
His own made poles
Try putting heat shrink over the bottom section, I wouldn't do the job without gloves anyway, my pole hose gets dragged through all sorts when doing the bottoms, then you often have to un-kink it by hand