Bungle

Re: Wfp Technique. Video
« Reply #20 on: June 24, 2015, 09:15:36 pm »
You tend not to clean the bottom couple of inches of every pane of glass  :o

I do wash them (I brush downwards till I feel the "thud" of the bottom of the glass).  However, I have the flow rate set high so I don't wash to the bottoms.  I reckon that once the water's flowing fast down the window it rinses the bottom.

I did note when I watched it again that I didn't wash all the pane with the catflap in it.  My excuse is that I was rather distracted by a Chinook  flying overhead.

Vin

A bit of a contradiction if ever I read one  :-X
We look at them, they look through them.

8weekly

« Reply #21 on: June 24, 2015, 09:20:20 pm »
I should also add that I've since inspected them when bone dry.  All perfect bar one very slight run on the window on the left hand side of the bay on the ground floor (the one I had to lean backwards to do).  I couldn't see it while doing it, so I guess in future I'll need to spend more time on windows that I can't see while cleaning.

Vin
It struck me that a gooseneck would have made that awkward one a bit easier (although often those ones seem to have a dense shrub thus negating the gain). You look smoother than I feel I do when cleaning, but I do feel I cover all the glass and on a single viewing it looked as though you didn't. The proof of the pudding is in the eating, and if you say they were near perfect....... well fair enough.

Dave Willis

« Reply #22 on: June 24, 2015, 09:31:45 pm »
I should also add that I've since inspected them when bone dry.  All perfect bar one very slight run on the window on the left hand side of the bay on the ground floor (the one I had to lean backwards to do).  I couldn't see it while doing it, so I guess in future I'll need to spend more time on windows that I can't see while cleaning.

Vin

Wouldn't have expected anything else, in fact my only surprise is that the customer didn't pay you double!!

Probably Mrs Perfect is the customer - Vin gets the full works tonight!

Perfect Windows

« Reply #23 on: June 24, 2015, 09:33:38 pm »
It struck me that a gooseneck would have made that awkward one a bit easier (although often those ones seem to have a dense shrub thus negating the gain). You look smoother than I feel I do when cleaning, but I do feel I cover all the glass and on a single viewing it looked as though you didn't. The proof of the pudding is in the eating, and if you say they were near perfect....... well fair enough.

I've never got on with goosenecks so I can't comment from experience but I can see that using one would have given me a better angle of attack.

The problem window just tells me I need to rinse more when I can't see.  I can feel very well when I've hit the frames on the dirt agitation part of the clean but any run is a rinse problem rather than a wash problem, so it's there I need to focus.  I don't like to leave windows anything other than perfect so I'm going to work on that bit.  It's good to test once in a while.  I'm sure a customer would just say that the pile of bricks preventing me getting to the window meant that the drip marks were OK and would probably not complain.  It's good personally to see every little problem so I can work on it.

Vin

Perfect Windows

« Reply #24 on: June 24, 2015, 09:35:44 pm »
You tend not to clean the bottom couple of inches of every pane of glass  :o

I do wash them (I brush downwards till I feel the "thud" of the bottom of the glass).  However, I have the flow rate set high so I don't wash to the bottoms.  I reckon that once the water's flowing fast down the window it rinses the bottom.

I did note when I watched it again that I didn't wash all the pane with the catflap in it.  My excuse is that I was rather distracted by a Chinook  flying overhead.

Vin

A bit of a contradiction if ever I read one  :-X

Indeed.  It should have read: "However, I have the flow rate set high so I don't rinse to the bottoms.  I reckon that once the water's flowing fast down the window it rinses the bottom."

Vin

Dave Willis

« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2015, 09:36:34 pm »
 ;D you do realise you're now going to have to change your name  ;D

Perfect Windows

« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2015, 09:37:39 pm »
;D you do realise you're now going to have to change your name  ;D

Perfect bar the odd drip if I can't see the glass Windows?

Catchy.

Vin

Mick Kent

« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2015, 09:39:49 pm »
Whats the point in this video??  You filmed some goon trying to clean windows whilst wearing sandals?? Looks amateurish.

Perfect Windows

Re: Wfp Technique. Video New
« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2015, 09:41:25 pm »
You know what, you're all right.  [moderated for language] it.

Bungle

« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2015, 10:00:20 pm »
As a follow up to: http://www.cleanitup.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=196525.0 where Jonny87 showed his technique

Stupid video removed.  Who would want to see how other people do the job?  After all, we're all perfect, what is there left to learn?

Largeish house, slug trails on one window
SLX-22 with supreme medium hybrid (which is damned good on slug trails).

Vin

In my experience slug/snail trails take a lot more scrubbing than you were doing. A snail trail can take 5+ brush strokes to get rid of it.

That was your largeish house wasn't it, why else wear silly shoes for work?
We look at them, they look through them.

Mick Kent

« Reply #30 on: June 24, 2015, 10:08:50 pm »

Jonny 87

« Reply #31 on: June 24, 2015, 10:33:06 pm »
VIN!!

I'm late on this post and you've taken your video away!

I would have liked to seen it. :(

I know I'm quite sad really but I always enjoy seeing how other guys work, you should have kept your video up. Results speak for themselves, and it sounds like you were quicker than me, which means I could learn from your video.
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

kempy

« Reply #32 on: June 24, 2015, 10:57:44 pm »
What I don't get with both videos is why anyone fires up the water flow before the pole has been extended then squirts water everywhere for the duration of the clean.

I don't turn the water on till the brush is on the glass then it gets turned off for the sill wipe and stays off till the next window. Often varying the flow depending on how close to the vents I want to clean.

Every one's different I suppose.

Yep agree

ChumBucket

« Reply #33 on: June 24, 2015, 11:31:52 pm »
VIN!!

I'm late on this post and you've taken your video away!

I would have liked to seen it. :(

I know I'm quite sad really but I always enjoy seeing how other guys work, you should have kept your video up. Results speak for themselves, and it sounds like you were quicker than me, which means I could learn from your video.

You wouldn't have learned anything from it, trust me!! ;) ;D

KS Cleaning

« Reply #34 on: June 24, 2015, 11:38:42 pm »
Maybe Vin would be better sticking to debating and leave the window cleaning to the franchisees :P

Frankybadboy

« Reply #35 on: June 25, 2015, 03:23:38 pm »

bloody hell lads give the lad a break,we all have are own way off cleaning weather its right or wrong as long as the custy happy who cares
 i heard Dazmond  video was abandon due to not having a wide angle camera lens :P :P :P :P :P

Dave Willis

« Reply #36 on: June 25, 2015, 05:33:14 pm »
It was never going to end well. Hot weather/wrong time of the month or something - you know Vin  ;D

Brave man - I wouldn't stick a video of my cleaning method up.

duncan h

« Reply #37 on: June 25, 2015, 05:51:10 pm »
Some right sarcastic Tw8564 on here nowadays. Nobody dares post anything due to bad comments after.
He did a fine job. Nothing wrong.
If your so good, post a vid of you doing it better
This sites got to the dogs with the odd few tossers

ChumBucket

« Reply #38 on: June 25, 2015, 06:00:34 pm »
Some right sarcastic Tw8564 on here nowadays. Nobody dares post anything due to bad comments after.
He did a fine job. Nothing wrong.
If your so good, post a vid of you doing it better
This sites got to the dogs with the odd few tossers

He (perfect Vincent) comes on here & belittles people for fun, cannot take any criticism, goes to the end of the earth & back to prove himself right on every occasion, is annoying beyond belief then posts a vid of himself cleaning like an idiot! What do you expect? I just hope that no newbies are gullible enough to pay any attention to such a pointless & blatantly staged attempt at "how to do it"! Luckily, there are some posters on here who can keep things a little more "real".   ::)roll

Don Kee

« Reply #39 on: June 25, 2015, 06:20:24 pm »
I dunno...the blokes got multiple franchises, earns more money than I do, has more customers than I do (all the frachisee's customers are his) and by the sounds of it prices higher than I do...

Maybe we should be listening to what the blokes got to say rather than stalking his every post and having a pop...

May not agree with his every post & opinion, but Vins doing something right...