Perfect Windows

Wfp Technique. Video
« on: June 24, 2015, 05:37:13 pm »
As a follow up to: http://www.cleanitup.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=196525.0 where Jonny87 showed his technique

Stupid video removed.  Who would want to see how other people do the job?  After all, we're all perfect, what is there left to learn?

Largeish house, slug trails on one window
SLX-22 with supreme medium hybrid (which is damned good on slug trails).

Vin

Frankybadboy

Re: Wfp Technique. Video
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2015, 05:39:53 pm »
is that steal toe cap flip flops lol

Perfect Windows

« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2015, 05:49:38 pm »
is that steal toe cap flip flops lol

Yes, though they may look like a pair of open toed sandals, they are in fact full strength safety boots.  It's an optical illusion.

Vin

ChumBucket

« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2015, 05:54:52 pm »
If anyone was going to do a "anything you can do I can do better" video it was going to be you Sir!!  ::)roll

Perfect Windows

« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2015, 06:29:47 pm »
If anyone was going to do a "anything you can do I can do better" video it was going to be you Sir!!  ::)roll

And there I was thinking I was just posting a video with my technique on it because I thought the other one made sense and I learned from it.  Where is there any implication that mine's in any way "better"?  Your preconceptions are showing, dearie.

Vin

SB Cleaning

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2015, 06:42:00 pm »
I thought it was a bit "splash and dash" 

dazmond

« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2015, 06:49:22 pm »
microbore through the catflap!genius!! ;) ;D ;D
price higher/work harder!

duncan h

« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2015, 07:25:17 pm »
Pretty much the same as I do it.
I pole doesnt bent that much and I use AquaDapter

ChumBucket

« Reply #8 on: June 24, 2015, 07:31:20 pm »

And there I was thinking I was just posting a video with my technique on it because I thought the other one made sense and I learned from it.  Where is there any implication that mine's in any way "better"?  Your preconceptions are showing, dearie.

Vin

What did you learns from it?

chris turner

« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2015, 07:36:29 pm »
I thought it was a bit "splash and dash"

I'm inclined to agree with this.
In Jonny's video it looked as if he was cleaning the cleanest windows in Scotland  ;D  but his technique seemed more thorough but at a good pace.

chris turner

« Reply #10 on: June 24, 2015, 07:49:23 pm »
Another point to add is that we could all be posting videos comparing our speed, technique etc but there's so many factors that determine how quick we generally work.
Window type, glass type, location, time of year, new customer ( trying to impress), equipment used, flow rate, even the temperature ( I personally work quicker in the cold).
There's no way I could use the  technique in that video in the round I done today.
All 4-5 bed houses, leaded hydrophobic windows in a woody location. Windows were thick with cobwebs, snail trails and those annoying yellow pollen splats.

Dave Willis

« Reply #11 on: June 24, 2015, 08:10:52 pm »
What I don't get with both videos is why anyone fires up the water flow before the pole has been extended then squirts water everywhere for the duration of the clean.
I don't turn the water on till the brush is on the glass then it gets turned off for the sill wipe and stays off till the next window. Often varying the flow depending on how close to the vents I want to clean.

Every one's different I suppose.

Bungle

« Reply #12 on: June 24, 2015, 08:13:41 pm »
What I don't get with both videos is why anyone fires up the water flow before the pole has been extended then squirts water everywhere for the duration of the clean.
I don't turn the water on till the brush is on the glass then it gets turned off for the sill wipe and stays off till the next window. Often varying the flow depending on how close to the vents I want to clean.

Every one's different I suppose.

Agree or should I say +1  ;D
We look at them, they look through them.

Bungle

« Reply #13 on: June 24, 2015, 08:19:26 pm »
As a follow up to: http://www.cleanitup.co.uk/smf/index.php?topic=196525.0 where Jonny87 showed his technique

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CPVgakoUYQE

Largeish house, slug trails on one window
SLX-22 with supreme medium hybrid (which is damned good on slug trails).

Vin

You tend not to clean the bottom couple of inches of every pane of glass  :o
We look at them, they look through them.

ChumBucket

« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2015, 08:44:27 pm »
It's very splash & dash to say the least, many parts are actually missed but lets be honest, this is just Vin's manifest attempt at showing off. It's quite funny if you ask me, he's blatantly going like the clappers just to be faster than Johnny!! ;D ;D

dazmond

« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2015, 08:50:28 pm »
It's very splash & dash to say the least, many parts are actually missed but lets be honest, this is just Vin's manifest attempt at showing off. It's quite funny if you ask me, he's blatantly going like the clappers just to be faster than Johnny!! ;D ;D

it was probably one of his £27 3 monthly jobs! ;D ;D ;D
price higher/work harder!

SB Cleaning

« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2015, 08:53:25 pm »
I will put a vid up soon and show you all how it's done ;D

Perfect Windows

« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2015, 09:03:06 pm »
You tend not to clean the bottom couple of inches of every pane of glass  :o

I do wash them (I brush downwards till I feel the "thud" of the bottom of the glass).  However, I have the flow rate set high so I don't wash to the bottoms.  I reckon that once the water's flowing fast down the window it rinses the bottom.

I did note when I watched it again that I didn't wash all the pane with the catflap in it.  My excuse is that I was rather distracted by a Chinook  flying overhead.

Vin

Perfect Windows

« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2015, 09:06:09 pm »
I should also add that I've since inspected them when bone dry.  All perfect bar one very slight run on the window on the left hand side of the bay on the ground floor (the one I had to lean backwards to do).  I couldn't see it while doing it, so I guess in future I'll need to spend more time on windows that I can't see while cleaning.

Vin

ChumBucket

« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2015, 09:10:28 pm »
I should also add that I've since inspected them when bone dry.  All perfect bar one very slight run on the window on the left hand side of the bay on the ground floor (the one I had to lean backwards to do).  I couldn't see it while doing it, so I guess in future I'll need to spend more time on windows that I can't see while cleaning.

Vin

Wouldn't have expected anything else, in fact my only surprise is that the customer didn't pay you double!!