J.D

Re: Day time door knocking is it worth it
« Reply #60 on: September 07, 2014, 08:05:10 am »
If you have to canvass then you must not be doing your job properly or you look unprofessional. I never canvass or beg for customers! I simply start my van and the phone rings, people run to me and beg me to take them on as a customer, they get rid of their old window cleaners and employ me, even though I'm more expensive! They e_mail me and tweet me to please take them on, they offer me their sacrificial daughters as play things if only I'll clean their windows!
I'm not just any window cleaner, I'm a JD Window Cleaning Services Window Cleaner...... ;)

Ian101

« Reply #61 on: September 07, 2014, 08:26:52 am »
If you have to canvass then you must not be doing your job properly or you look unprofessional. I never canvass or beg for customers! I simply start my van and the phone rings, people run to me and beg me to take them on as a customer, they get rid of their old window cleaners and employ me, even though I'm more expensive! They e_mail me and tweet me to please take them on, they offer me their sacrificial daughters as play things if only I'll clean their windows!
I'm not just any window cleaner, I'm a JD Window Cleaning Services Window Cleaner...... ;)

;D ;D

Sean Dyer

« Reply #62 on: September 07, 2014, 09:37:41 pm »
I've never had anyone be rude to me when I've canvassed.  They normally just say "No thank you!" and I leave them a card.

I wouldn't door knock in rough estates though, I can imagine some of those might be obnoxious.  And why would I waste my time knocking on poor houses when I could knock in nice estates?

I find its the other way round
Bad estates are just grateful when they find out your not the old bill or a bailliff
Its where the houses are nicer i find they can be rude

« Reply #63 on: September 08, 2014, 12:04:55 pm »

How arrogant of you!  ;)