g.brookes

worst ever week for complaints
« on: May 31, 2013, 09:01:31 pm »
Normally i get about 4 complaints a year.  i have had 5 complaints this week, most saying that the windows look worse than before i even came.  now it has been a mixture of very windy or very sunny here the last week in south manchester but im feeling pretty terrible at the moment.  it may be my tds, although ive never had problems in the past with a high tds.
anyone else been getting more complaints than usual?  its really affecting my attitude as normally i get glowing reviews but this week has made been really hate water fed pole.  If theres one complaint i have about wfp its that unless you hang around the house for 2 hours after the clean, you can never be 100% sure that the clean is a good one

Dave Garrett

Re: worst ever week for complaints
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2013, 09:15:59 pm »
must admit i had the same started using ecover on every clean custies love to see all the foam/bubbles even won a few more customers as they could actually see the glass and frames being cleaned might take a little more rinsing but well worth it IMHO ...Only £2 a bottle and will last at least 20 cleans ..Give it a go nothing to loose

8weekly

« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2013, 09:27:23 pm »
You have a "special cause". Check your TDS first. Then think about the conditions. Were they very different to normal? Were the houses all on the same day? Same road?

Geoff

« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2013, 09:37:14 pm »
Maybe your breath smelt?  Tie not done up properly?  Wrong time of day to clean windows? 

scottt24

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2013, 09:41:57 pm »
Check your tds
Windy and dry are the worst conditions for wfp imo
Thanks,
              Scott

bumper

« Reply #5 on: May 31, 2013, 10:03:27 pm »
ive picked up a few in south Manchester all 7.00 pounders

Roy Harding

« Reply #6 on: May 31, 2013, 10:28:32 pm »
I think I have had about 4 complaints in 29yrs.

If I had that many I would worry, but when I have had one you tend to take it personally.

Check your tds and extra rinsing in hot weather.

Roy

« Reply #7 on: May 31, 2013, 10:48:06 pm »
maybe its time to go back to ladders and  trad.

Stephen.C

« Reply #8 on: May 31, 2013, 11:41:02 pm »
Don't clean with high TDS. My Limit is 002
I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying.

www.pureh2owindowcleaning.com

Mike #1

« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2013, 06:03:38 am »
25 ppm is still ok if it is not your tds and you have been giving frames a quick once over then due to the wind the frames could have been dirtier than normal which has caused dirty runs or dirty spotting . Mike

dave f

« Reply #10 on: June 01, 2013, 06:28:12 am »
this is some thing i was on a  bout whith the thread about pros and cons of water fed pole .its a leap of faith that you do a good job first time very time ,its ok custys telling you that they wernt good the last time you did them but what a bout those who dont say owt then get fed up and sack you. i have had a few like that in fact yesterday when i was out collecting i saw a side window that id done it was apalling i had gone to town on this house because its on a main road normaly its ok,so you cant take wfp for granted

Small but perfectley formed

« Reply #11 on: June 01, 2013, 08:52:36 am »
Don't worry just get back ASAP and rectify them nobody's perfect ,usually when it's really sunny the water dries before the dirt has run off the glass
Spit and polish

Spruce

« Reply #12 on: June 01, 2013, 09:31:13 am »
TDS is the impurities in the water. I have heard it said that different water contains different impurities with the same TDS.

From personal experience, we can not clean windows with anything above a TDS of 10 as the windows spot and are noticeable on close inspection. As has also been said, sunny days will show up spots that you may not even see on a close inspection from outside.

When cleaning a hot window, you have to cool it down first so the water doesn't dry before its flushed the dirt off the window. This was first stated by some WFP cleaners working in Cyprus many years ago. With double glasing, this also means reducing the temperature between the windows.

I've also experimented with a drop of Ecover in a backpack and got spots remaining - left by all those lovely bubbles.

So for us, its a TDS of 0 and never above 2.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

g.brookes

« Reply #13 on: June 01, 2013, 10:20:13 am »
thanks fellas.  think its mainly a tds issue accompanied with not really adjusting to the extra dirt and sunshine.  had a bit of a stinky attitude this last week so probably not been as thorough as i should have.  its sure biting me in the ass with 5 re cleans though!

Tom White

« Reply #14 on: June 01, 2013, 10:39:09 am »
thanks fellas.  think its mainly a tds issue accompanied with not really adjusting to the extra dirt and sunshine.  had a bit of a stinky attitude this last week so probably not been as thorough as i should have.  its sure biting me in the ass with 5 re cleans though!

Why do you 'think' it's a tds issue.  It takes like 10 seconds to check it.

Mike #1

« Reply #15 on: June 01, 2013, 10:56:11 am »
Cleaning tops of frames and giving a quick pre rinse of glass will allow glass to cool a little then clean as normal . Mike

g.brookes

« Reply #16 on: June 01, 2013, 11:27:02 am »
i 'think' that because i fill up at my parents where the tds meter is and wont be back there till monday.  i know its been a while since i changed my resin

dazmond

« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2013, 11:45:32 am »
i check my tds every day.i know this is overkill but its part of my end of the day routine now. ;D ;D

as soon as my tank is full i check it.when the tds rises to 05 i put a fresh resin vessel in front of it.

regarding complaints i had around 20 when i started with wfp but now after 3 years its usually 3 or 4 a year.

in hot weather i always rinse and scrub a little bit more than usual.if i do get any complaints its usually spotting from the dreaded top rubber seals.its amazing how many window fitters fit these badly!! >:( >:(
price higher/work harder!

g.brookes

« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2013, 09:34:38 pm »
Well I've got the answer. Couldnt stop thinking about it so drove to parents, checked the Tds and it read 75!!! So there's the problem! I've always been pretty relaxed, letting it get to about 30 before changing with absolutely no problems. I obviously miss judged it big time though. Feeling pretty red faced, but also glad to have solved it!

dazmond

« Reply #19 on: June 02, 2013, 09:20:14 am »
ruddy hell g.brookes!my tap tds is only 35-40!!keep it at 000 mate!
price higher/work harder!