Tom Kelly

Re: impact43 New training van
« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2012, 09:42:22 am »
Looking forward this week to putting a new IMPACT training van on the road.

To be used during the delivery of the City and Guilds Level 1 and 2 workshops

The van will have the latest van mounted system from Gardiner/GrippaTank WFP system.

A range of poles and equipment including

Gardiner
Facelift
Streamline
Unger
Ionics   
Pure Freedom ((Portable trolley)
Ladder safety (stability) devices
Lots of PPE, products etc

We have two great water fed pole trainers on board, and some discounted training opportunities for those attending their City and Guilds qualification

http://www.training43.com/training-courses/high-level-window-cleaning.php

http://www.training43.com/book-a-course/

Reasons to attend / Recent trade article
http://www.training43.com/training-news/article.php?id=919

Come on wheres the pictures we can't become impact 43 spotter's if we don't know what to look out for can we  ;D ;D

Paul

Pictures will be coming soon.

Our van sign writer decided to go on holiday!

:)

Erithwc

« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2012, 10:19:54 am »
Looking forward this week to putting a new IMPACT training van on the road.

To be used during the delivery of the City and Guilds Level 1 and 2 workshops

The van will have the latest van mounted system from Gardiner/GrippaTank WFP system.

A range of poles and equipment including

Gardiner
Facelift
Streamline
Unger
Ionics   
Pure Freedom ((Portable trolley)
Ladder safety (stability) devices
Lots of PPE, products etc

We have two great water fed pole trainers on board, and some discounted training opportunities for those attending their City and Guilds qualification

http://www.training43.com/training-courses/high-level-window-cleaning.php

http://www.training43.com/book-a-course/

Reasons to attend / Recent trade article
http://www.training43.com/training-news/article.php?id=919

Come on wheres the pictures we can't become impact 43 spotter's if we don't know what to look out for can we  ;D ;D

Paul

Pictures will be coming soon.

Our van sign writer decided to go on holiday!

:)

Will be nice to see how it's set up Plus it will give the haters another reason to moan about the course and put down the people trying to better themselves  :) :)

Window Washers

« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2012, 01:31:43 pm »
Window cleaning is a job for dumb ases pleaee dont build it up as remotely intresting or important because its not.
 nvq in window cleaning is a insult to nvqs and totally devalues having nvqs in trades.
Docwindows not all window cleaners are like you my freind, some accept change and are open minded about training and like to be upto date with things.

Nobody is forcing training on anyone here, yet you feel the need to try and spread your hate for it, my guess is you have not been on the course yourself.

One question, do you have an NVQ in something else that didnt work for you, as it sounds like your a little bitter
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

Nick Wareham

« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2012, 02:05:46 pm »
I have to say, I find myself agreeing with docwindows.  The simple fact is that you don't need an NVQ to clean windows, and the only reason Andy Willis and his crew are offering one is becuase the government pays them for each person they get to do one. 

If it weren't for the government payments, they wouldn't offer it, hence the reason they don't offer it to under 19s.  I don't think anyone would ever pay for it themselves, because deep down everone realises its pretty pointless and a bit of a joke.  Ask anyone outside of the window cleaning industry about it, and they will burst out laughing at the very notion of it.

Now as I get older, I find myself thinking more closely about what my taxes are spent on, and handing out my tax money to a company so that they can deliver a pointless course that nobody would ever pay their own money for, to me at least, is pretty outrageous. 

I remember this being talked about on here a while ago, and the figure of £1,300 per person was bandied about.  No idea if that's a true (maybe Andy willis can tell us how much he gets from the government per person?  Its our money after all) but if it is indeed £1,300 that means for 10 people on his course he gets £13,000.

I can think of a myriad of things that could be better spent on, like not closing libraries, or making police officers redundant.  Rather than so company can make fat profits.

g.brookes

« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2012, 03:15:58 pm »
This is the tinniest tinniest thing to get worked up on.  When you think about the governments budget, and then how much is being spent on window cleaning nvq's as a percentage, its infinitesimal.  I know this is a window cleaning forum but i think you're just moaning for moanings sake

windiewasher

« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2012, 03:51:05 pm »
If it wasnt for the money made from these courses they wouldnt make much out of window cleaning.
Come on 6.50 for inside and outside of a shop and 12 for another im still pmsl at someone asking if id work for so little.
 window cleaning courses must be so much fun as itis such a boring job especially being taught by people that probably are useless at cleaning windows.
Takings off all first cleans till march 7th 2014
October  total=  cleaned  extra per month
November = cleaned extra per month
Total £  so far.

p1w1

« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2012, 04:29:28 pm »
Having done the FREE TRAINING course myself i find people on here are a bit confused on what you actually can get out of it.
Firstly the people providing the course have had many years experience in the window cleaning industry so they do know what they are talking about.
The course is not there to teach you how to clean windows in general, its there to provide you with the information regarding to health and safety and the law regarding health and safety and your responsibility to the public while you clean windows. Like it or not the laws on health and safety are there for us all and all this course really does is point them out to you ( as i guarantee many of you like myself will be unaware how much trouble you can get in to if anything was to go wrong and how easy you can be breaking the health and safety laws which are there).
I agree with the fact that a nvq in window cleaning does seem a bit pointless but if anything it will show any perspective clients more on  the commercial front that you take your work seriously so can only help.
For me I'm not over bothered about the piece of paper i get at the end i will use it if it will help me get commercial work but what i did come away with was a far greater understanding of my responsibility to the public and other workers plus a proper understanding of  the health and safety laws and how to work within them allot more then i did before taking the course which can only help me.

also met Window Washers but dont let that put you off the course  ;D

Cliff perkins

« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2012, 04:45:12 pm »
to be honest unless you go on his course you wont know what its all about.

ive been on it and its quite intresting really and i think you will find andy quite a nice bloke.

regards cliff
Www.1stglasswindowcleaning.co.uk

DG Cleaning

« Reply #28 on: October 29, 2012, 09:14:47 pm »
I have to say, I find myself agreeing with docwindows.  The simple fact is that you don't need an NVQ to clean windows, and the only reason Andy Willis and his crew are offering one is becuase the government pays them for each person they get to do one. 

If it weren't for the government payments, they wouldn't offer it, hence the reason they don't offer it to under 19s.  I don't think anyone would ever pay for it themselves, because deep down everone realises its pretty pointless and a bit of a joke.  Ask anyone outside of the window cleaning industry about it, and they will burst out laughing at the very notion of it.

Post of the year?

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Now as I get older, I find myself thinking more closely about what my taxes are spent on, and handing out my tax money to a company so that they can deliver a pointless course that nobody would ever pay their own money for, to me at least, is pretty outrageous. 

I remember this being talked about on here a while ago, and the figure of £1,300 per person was bandied about.  No idea if that's a true (maybe Andy willis can tell us how much he gets from the government per person?  Its our money after all) but if it is indeed £1,300 that means for 10 people on his course he gets £13,000.

I can think of a myriad of things that could be better spent on, like not closing libraries, or making police officers redundant.  Rather than so company can make fat profits.

Window Washers

« Reply #29 on: October 29, 2012, 09:42:08 pm »
If it wasnt for the money made from these courses they wouldnt make much out of window cleaning.
Come on 6.50 for inside and outside of a shop and 12 for another im still pmsl at someone asking if id work for so little.
 window cleaning courses must be so much fun as itis such a boring job especially being taught by people that probably are useless at cleaning windows.
i see you didn't answer my question, it shows how very little you know about what your talking about with replies like these, no sure of the ill feeling you are clearly carrring put please don't assume as you probably have it wrong.

Ian
If your not willing to learn, No one can help you, If you are determined to learn, No one can stop you ;)

Clean Safe

« Reply #30 on: October 30, 2012, 04:52:50 am »
Cant believe the country is in a mess and there funding training to clean a window.
 theres lots of videos on youtube if people are unsure how to clean a window.

Doc Windows aka Kevin: I do know who you are. I don't know what your problem is?. If you are looking for an ego boost because you have extremely small genitals, I can tell you I am no plastic surgeon. But what I do have are a very particular set of canvassing skills; skills I have acquired over a very long career undercutting window cleaners like you. Skills that make me a nightmare for window cleaners like you. If you stop bitching about my business now, that'll be the end of it. I will not follow you, I will not pursue your customers and offer to clean them all for £5. But if you don't, I will follow you, I will take all your customers and you will be flipping burgers at Macdonalds.

Thank you and good morning!

robertphil

« Reply #31 on: October 30, 2012, 06:44:29 am »
the good thing about these courses is itll show you took  Health and safety seriously which you must do if you employ.

unfortunately for me my workers are all under 19 so cannot go on this Impact course,  does anybody on ere know of any other courses especially for ladderworkers?

king marko

« Reply #32 on: October 30, 2012, 07:35:45 am »
Cant believe the country is in a mess and there funding training to clean a window.

Doc Windows aka Kevin: I do know who you are. I don't know what your problem is?. If you are looking for an ego boost because you have extremely small genitals, I can tell you I am no plastic surgeon. But what I do have are a very particular set of canvassing skills; skills I have acquired over a very long career undercutting window cleaners like you. Skills that make me a nightmare for window cleaners like you. If you stop bitching about my business now, that'll be the end of it. I will not follow you, I will not pursue your customers and offer to clean them all for £5. But if you don't, I will follow you, I will take all your customers and you will be flipping burgers at Macdonalds.

must take an extremely skilful canvasser to offer £5 cleans to everyone  ;D ;D ;D

Frankybadboy

« Reply #33 on: October 30, 2012, 07:40:54 am »

must take an extremely skilful canvasser to offer £5 cleans to everyone  ;D ;D ;D
lol a plank me thinks. ;D

Clean Safe

« Reply #34 on: October 30, 2012, 07:48:15 am »

Get a grip you berk and grow a sense of humour

king marko

« Reply #35 on: October 30, 2012, 07:52:33 am »

Get a grip you berk and grow a sense of humour
nice!
Touched a nerve methinks  ;D ;D
Dead right franky - plank

Window Washers

« Reply #36 on: October 30, 2012, 08:13:59 am »
the good thing about these courses is itll show you took  Health and safety seriously which you must do if you employ.

unfortunately for me my workers are all under 19 so cannot go on this Impact course,  does anybody on ere know of any other courses especially for ladderworkers?
bwca do courses I would  recommend you have a look at them

Clean Safe

« Reply #37 on: October 30, 2012, 08:28:57 am »

Let me know what areas you clean in and I will test out my canvassing skills in them

windiewasher

« Reply #38 on: October 30, 2012, 08:31:48 am »

Let me know what areas you clean in and I will test out my canvassing skills in them
Just shown this message to a few local windies.
Have a nice day
Takings off all first cleans till march 7th 2014
October  total=  cleaned  extra per month
November = cleaned extra per month
Total £  so far.

sunshine windows

« Reply #39 on: October 30, 2012, 08:49:35 am »
Turf wars!  Fight, fight, fight, fight.  ::)

Back on topic. Andrew are your courses full funded and are you in or around Swindon any time soon?

To climb mount fuji you must first find a path
(Swindon, Wiltshire)

www.sunshinewindowcleaning.co.uk
www.sunshinesoftwashing.co.uk