dave f

Re: future of trad
« Reply #40 on: November 13, 2011, 08:16:27 pm »
i dont see what all the fuss is ?????clean windows get paid end ov. so long as you have got money coming in happy days ;D ;D ;D ;D

John F

« Reply #41 on: November 13, 2011, 09:31:06 pm »
gary no need to justify your thinking. calm down old chap  ;D

gary999

« Reply #42 on: November 13, 2011, 10:35:47 pm »
okay if it makes you happy ;)

dazmond

« Reply #43 on: November 13, 2011, 10:45:17 pm »
IMO there will always be room for a squeegee.i can trad with the best of them (16 years experience!)albeit usually ground floor only most of the time.i enjoy the change and esp in tight spaces or if the windows are old wooden ones or the odd problem plastic window(usually perished,poorly fitted rubber seals!!).

the problem is wfp is just so damn good and quick on maintenance window cleaning for 80% of my work!the safety aspect and piece of mind should not be underestimated either.

for those of you who are still 100% trad then fair play to you but really i do think your missing out as you can earn more for the same hours worked with wfp.once the first few months are out of the way its a breeze compared to 100% trad.

make sure its not fear of change or losing a few customers here and there thats stopping you from investing in wfp.

i phoned a customer tonight for access for tomorrow morning who asked me do i know any window cleaners in derby that use a wfp system as her friend was very impressed by my cleaning!!she said the windows looked fantastic!!

its obvious that purified water is better at cleaning than soap and water and a squeegee but its also down to the operator and whether he takes pride in his work.its only window cleaning but i try and always do a thorough job for a fair price.

there are some wfp cleaners out there who dont give a stuff and this results in a poor job.some are just plain thick or inexperienced.same goes for trad cleaners.

whatever method i think both are here to stay but wfp will become more the norm over time as its just easier,faster and safer and you can clean all the awkward windows(99% of em anyway!).

it really is a no brainer!!!

if you take this business seriously then how can you not get a wfp system?you d be a fool not too.

just keep trad for the odd ground floor windows and insides and pole the rest!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

best wishes to you all

dazmond
price higher/work harder!

John F

« Reply #44 on: November 13, 2011, 11:12:19 pm »
dazmond, its not about what any advantages are of one tool or another. its about the simple fact that we are all window cleaners. some are clever window cleaners and some are too thick even to be able to use wfp. we are all unecessary service suppliers.

not skilled workers or suppliers of a needed service. we clean windows. if we didnt clean windows, people would have to do it themselves.

hard to understand for some, but what can you do about that? ;)

Paul Coleman

« Reply #45 on: November 14, 2011, 04:14:06 am »
I'm going to start doing my accounts with an abacus.  These damned computers are far too expensive.

John F

« Reply #46 on: November 14, 2011, 06:37:23 am »
that implies that wfp is 1000's of times faster than trad. is that a good comparison? if it was then we could clean thousands of houses a day. do you clean that many?

still in the same bucket of poope lads. we are cleaners. we clean. 8)

H S and Son

« Reply #47 on: November 14, 2011, 07:58:40 am »
Why do you equate window cleaning/window cleaners with buckets of poo? Just because it's a service industry?

dazmond

« Reply #48 on: November 14, 2011, 08:22:11 am »
I don't care what you guys think!I love my job...............now wheelie bin cleaners........eh......that's a crappy job!!!! :D ;)

Window cleaning is a very important service to some of my customers albeit as they value appearance and vanity above most things!!!!

Happy cleaning lads!

Time I was off out now.  ;D

Dazmond
price higher/work harder!

rycalshaw

« Reply #49 on: November 14, 2011, 10:47:15 am »
SOME INTERESTING REPLIES BUT THE POINT I WAS TRYING TO MAKE IS THAT INSURANCE COMPANIES AND H+S POLICE MAY EVENTUALLY MAKE IT ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE TO CLEAN THE TRADITIONAL WAY, IT WASN,T MEANT TO BE A WFP V TRAD ARGUEMENT ,SO LONG AS IT PAYS THE BILLS AND PUTS FOOD IN THE PANTRY THATS ALL THAT MATTERS..

Mike_G

« Reply #50 on: November 14, 2011, 02:16:02 pm »
I'm going to start doing my accounts with an abacus.  These damned computers are far too expensive.

Standard, almost pathetic answer. How many people use a microwave to cook every meal?

John F

« Reply #51 on: November 14, 2011, 03:29:14 pm »

Standard, almost pathetic answer. How many people use a microwave to cook every meal?

somebody has understood wat i was trying to say  ;)

gary999

« Reply #52 on: November 14, 2011, 05:36:30 pm »

me! ;D

Mike_G

« Reply #53 on: November 14, 2011, 05:51:23 pm »

me! ;D

:D

I do have another example but I expect you will claim you do that as well Gary, so I'll keep it to myself....for now

gary999

« Reply #54 on: November 14, 2011, 05:58:11 pm »

me! ;D

:D

I do have another example but I expect you will claim you do that as well Gary, so I'll keep it to myself....for now

nah! not really..i dont go near the microwave thats my missus
department! ;D

nelly

« Reply #55 on: November 14, 2011, 09:11:27 pm »
what do all you wfp windie's do to fill ya tank's during a hose pipe ban??????

And where is it,climbing a ladder is illegal?!!!!

Paul Coleman

« Reply #56 on: November 14, 2011, 09:19:25 pm »
Very interesting thread, inciting some passionate replies!

My thoughts are that, wanting to keep life very simple, I have been and always will be a trad window cleaner for as long as I am capable of carrying and climbing a ladder safely. I have nearly 15 years of experience in this game, never charge about in a mindless hurry to earn the next buck quickly, and am very, very thorough in everything I do.

Were I to convert to WFP, I know that it would do my head in. I would be asking myself and stressing out over such questions as 'Have I got enough water on board, is the TDS 000 (anymore and I would be worried about spotting) have I got spare pumps, etc for when they break...' etc etc.

What I love about trad is its simplicity. I earn enough, it is stress free and I answer to nobody. If I am happy why try to fix something which ain't broke?

John    

That's what I thought about WFP - that it would do my head in.  It did at first because I was short on facilities, live in a flat which makes filtering more difficult etc.  However, it's like anything else that is new to you.  It can take a bit of getting used to but once you get settled into a pattern, you learn more about what you are doing, and it just becomes part of your new normality.

Paul Coleman

« Reply #57 on: November 14, 2011, 09:21:05 pm »

Are sense of humour bypass operations available on the NHS or do you have to go private?

Mike_G

« Reply #58 on: November 14, 2011, 09:55:17 pm »

Are sense of humour bypass operations available on the NHS or do you have to go private?

Oh you were telling jokes......forgive me for not laughing, perhaps your one liners need a little work before you go public!

Paul Coleman

« Reply #59 on: November 14, 2011, 09:58:18 pm »

Oh you were telling jokes......forgive me for not laughing, perhaps your one liners need a little work before you go public!

Well it was 4.15 a m.
I won't be giving up my day job - that's for sure.