rycalshaw

future of trad
« on: November 12, 2011, 04:52:29 pm »
i,m going wfp in  the new year the reason being i,m nearly 50 and it will hopefully be a bit steadier for me, what do you guys think the future holds for trad window cleaning, i,ve been trad for 11 years and have thoroughly enjoyed it but it seems with the insurance companies attitudes and a lot on commercial custies insisting on wfp the trads future is looking bleak, i think the h+s police have a lot to answer for..

james51174

Re: future of trad
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2011, 04:57:12 pm »
there will always be a need/market for traditional w/c'ing

but wfp is a more than handy toll to have

Dave66

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2011, 09:59:47 pm »
99% will use wfp in 5yrs or so i reckon..
plenty of cream...plenty of sugar!

bobby p

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2011, 10:28:34 pm »
my bet its about 70% are trad at the moment , going down to 60% in 20 yrs time

windiewasher

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2011, 11:47:23 pm »
its illegal to climb ladders m8 and i would say 60 to 70% of trad cleaners are not legit and don't have insurance and sign on!
Takings off all first cleans till march 7th 2014
October  total=  cleaned  extra per month
November = cleaned extra per month
Total £  so far.

Dave66

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2011, 12:16:30 am »
my bet its about 70% are trad at the moment , going down to 60% in 20 yrs time
really that long?

Johnny B

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2011, 12:36:10 am »
 quote author=kev@cleanerbrighterwindowcleaners link=topic=140534.msg1163552#msg1163552 date=1321141643]
its illegal to climb ladders m8 and i would say 60 to 70% of trad cleaners are not legit and don't have insurance and sign on!
[/quote]

Please read my siggy.  ;)

John
Being diplomatic is being able to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

bobby p

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2011, 07:09:04 am »

there certainly seems to be plenty of ladder makers knocking up these double pointers , i can honestly say i see a set of these everytime i drive out  (and its not  the same man  )

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2011, 07:17:53 am »

You really do talk a load of bollox.....
 ::)...what are these facts based on.......

steven ainger

« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2011, 07:21:28 am »

You really do talk a load of bollox.....
 ::)...what are these facts based on.......

8 pints of stella  ;D

Terry_Burrows

« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2011, 07:58:12 am »
Trad will never ever end! you will see more Trad than ever because many cannot afford the wfp prices,far easy to start up as a wc Trad,much cheaper,so its a no brainer  ;D its stuff the wfp people dont want to hear but its true. simle as. :-* there are too many at wfp now the cheaper it will become,
WWW.FASTESTWINDOWCLEANER.CO.UK
GUINNESS WORLD RECORD HOLDER
BURNING RUBBER FASTER!
NATIONAL FEDERATION OF MASTER WINDOW CLEANERS.

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2011, 08:42:05 am »
Terry "The Dinosaur" Burrows,... It seems the worlds fastest window cleaner is 5 years behind the times!!!

Trad will never disappear completely, as its often the best method for shopfronts, internals & bungalows etc,.. BUT (as  has been pointed out MANY times one here) a basic WFP kit with a cheap backpack, pole, DI etc can cost as little as £300 -- I remember spending more than that on my ladder, scrims and trad tools when I started out!

WFP takes a little more thinking, eg. What to buy? How to Purify water? How to transport water? BUT at the end of the day there are very few who've switched who say their earnings haven't increased because of it. You can work faster, with less physical strain & less danger from work at heights,.. its a no brainer really.

Trad will never ever end! you will see more Trad than ever because many cannot afford the wfp prices,far easy to start up as a wc Trad,much cheaper,so its a no brainer  ;D its stuff the wfp people dont want to hear but its true. simle as. :-* there are too many at wfp now the cheaper it will become,

Londoner

« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2011, 08:49:45 am »
You will always have trad cleaners. Some of my customers already refer to it as the old fashioned way and it will settle nicely into that niche for those customers who still prefer it that way. But the future is wfp.

SB Cleaning

« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2011, 08:51:15 am »
The more tradders the better more work for me to pick up when they do a crap job ;D

james51174

« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2011, 09:27:26 am »
The more tradders the better more work for me to pick up when they do a crap job ;D

while i agree there are a massive percentage of traditional w/c'ers out there doing a bad job, there are as many missusing the pole

both are a toll...both tools can be used correctly, or otherwise in my opinion

using both myself....i can honestly say there are jobs NOT suited to wfp for a variety of reasons

i would prefer on domestic houses and offices to use wfp every time......but i want perfect results every time as well....so i am forced to use traditional methods on part of my work

there are times when risk assesments call for traditional methods over wfp as well (all be it rare)

and trusty trad will always be dominant on shop fronts :) :)

gary999

« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2011, 09:33:51 am »
its amazing how attitudes are changing,when i first introduced
wfp to one of my regulars a few years ago his attitude was what
a load of crap and cant you do it the proper way way.

4 yrs later only a couple of weeks ago he commented that
anyone on ladders and not using a pole system had got
to be a cowboy!

funny but true! ;D

AuRavelling79

« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2011, 09:39:48 am »
My prediction for trad only:-

1. Trad will still be used by the doley raggit and run brigade.

2. Trad will become a niche market by geezers who have window cleaned all their life off ladders and will do less and less as they wind down to retirement.

3. Trad will still be done on "safe" domestic work by firemen or other shift workers who have a small easy money round.

4. Trad will still be done by the semi retired keep their hand in guys.

5. Gangmaster trad emperors have dwindled to the depths of Lancashire's satanic mill towns and cocklebay resorts where cheap immigrant labour will keep it going among the "once a fortnight, cleanyerdoorstoop and chimley, that'll be three quid missus" brigade!
It's a game of three halves!

Dave66

« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2011, 11:59:44 am »
love it ^^^^  ;D ;D

Terry_Burrows

« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2011, 12:21:33 pm »
Not behind the times at all would not waste my money on wfp crap! why spend £££££ when you dont need it,and I really dont! so case closed!  ;D thats why I dont come on here much now all talk a load of crap! about nothing :P its been said before, very boring now... ::)
BURNING RUBBER FASTER!

John F

« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2011, 12:23:24 pm »
makes me laugh. we are all just window cleaners and even in this game there are snobs!! we have the window cleaners with staff. we have one man bands. we have trad and wfp. we are all just window cleaners. dont matter what van or how shiney it is and how many beer coupons some guys earn or how many millions some of us earn. we are window cleaners and i bet there are still some prats who say they have a cleaning company.

window cleaners. thats what we do. clean windows. some of us like to think we are skilled tradesmen pmsl. who would believe that window cleaners could be snobby about how they clean windows  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

love this place  ;D ;D

AuRavelling79

« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2011, 12:43:37 pm »
>KCleaning  ;D

No snobbery here - just answering the Q honestly.

I freely admit that wfp or reach and wash or whatever is simply a brush on a stick. It's just a much better, safer and faster money earner (for me) and having done trad only for ten years and wfp for five years I know what works (for me).

If steam powered burrows and others want to shout it down then that's fine by me - he might be the fastest gun in the West but then the machine pistol came along!
It's a game of three halves!

John F

« Reply #21 on: November 13, 2011, 12:57:17 pm »
you dont seem to come over as one of the snobs gold. whats funny is the guys who started from scratch on wfp and have no skill or savvy of how to work when all else fails. if the crunch comes one day and there was some world wide depression i dont believe that window cleaning will be top of anyones list of important things to worry about.

if bus drivers all went on strike or taxi drivers or bakers or shop workers, the country would grind to a halt. if window cleaners went on strike or stopped working, who would give a toss?

window cleaners as tradesmen are on the bottom of the bucket of poope when it comes to services. some window cleaners would love to scramble out of that bucket and try to step on other window cleaners in order to get closer to the rim of that bucket. its perverse that there could be snobbery among poope bucket dwellers is what i mean  ;D ;D

Dave66

« Reply #22 on: November 13, 2011, 01:48:08 pm »
its a good job people thinks its a bottom of barrel dog poo job and they dont know the earning potential of wfp or bus drivers and bakers would all be packing up and flooding the business even more!! let people think that  ;)

John F

« Reply #23 on: November 13, 2011, 02:02:50 pm »
you see thats part of the problem. some people have never really earned more than 5 bob an hour since they left school. so when they earn a few bob more than they ever draemed of they go hollywood and think they have reached some sort of pinicle of climbing out of a poope semi skilled service. so still sitting in the poope bucket but think they are in the upper layer of poope.

the window cleaning poope bucket gets more and more people coming into it because wfp has made it easy for them to earn a few bob. also if you look at the way some of the people in this game that are swimming a bit higher in the poope bucket than some others you will see that you dont need to be over clever to reach the higher levels of a poope trade such as window cleaning.

wfp has actually pulled more people into this bucket because its even easier to do. when we were all trad a house cost £10 now some are wfp some guys charge £7 for the same house.

just proves how even stupid peole can get into this poope job and still earn enough to keep them in chips and beer.  ;) my attitude to all this trad v wfp stuff is use what you feel best with. i just love to laugh at the bucket dwellers who think they are skilled tradesmen.

Mike_G

« Reply #24 on: November 13, 2011, 02:17:58 pm »
Trad will never die, not in our lifetime. It's still the best, easiest and quickest way to do inside. (and if you can only clean inside with a bottle and a microfibre please dont comment about it because you wont be qualified to make an educated reply) Some customers just dont like wfp, so the tradders that are left might well be able to charge a premium to clean that way and finally when the world starts suffering with water shortages every year, wfp will be banned, it will be viewed as a unnecessary luxury, either that or the water companies will start charging anyone who uses wfp a huge premium on their bills......

Pope vader

« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2011, 02:25:42 pm »
it will live for ever if every tradder looked like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QXP9mEePgbQ&feature=related

Johnny B

« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2011, 02:33:29 pm »
Very interesting thread, inciting some passionate replies!

My thoughts are that, wanting to keep life very simple, I have been and always will be a trad window cleaner for as long as I am capable of carrying and climbing a ladder safely. I have nearly 15 years of experience in this game, never charge about in a mindless hurry to earn the next buck quickly, and am very, very thorough in everything I do.

Were I to convert to WFP, I know that it would do my head in. I would be asking myself and stressing out over such questions as 'Have I got enough water on board, is the TDS 000 (anymore and I would be worried about spotting) have I got spare pumps, etc for when they break...' etc etc.

What I love about trad is its simplicity. I earn enough, it is stress free and I answer to nobody. If I am happy why try to fix something which ain't broke?

John    

Being diplomatic is being able to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

John F

« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2011, 02:38:43 pm »
Trad will never die, not in our lifetime. It's still the best, easiest and quickest way to do inside. (and if you can only clean inside with a bottle and a microfibre please dont comment about it because you wont be qualified to make an educated reply) Some customers just dont like wfp, so the tradders that are left might well be able to charge a premium to clean that way and finally when the world starts suffering with water shortages every year, wfp will be banned, it will be viewed as a unnecessary luxury, either that or the water companies will start charging anyone who uses wfp a huge premium on their bills......

there is a valid point there. trad will become some sort of special extra in the future. perhaps trad guys will be able to charge top dollar for that service. like roof thatchers. if you know what i mean. good point.

also johnny b has a very good point too. if some of the guys are happy to trad and are no threat to wfp then why worry? as long as wfp blokes who cant trad dont get asked to clean inside, wheres the problem  ;D

pmsl @ bottles of water and a cloth to clean inside!!  :D :D :D the customer could get the tea lady from the co-op canteen to clean them like that!

gary999

« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2011, 03:08:34 pm »
i cant count the amount of times this discussion happens.

for me wfp is better,no snobbery,i dont like hardwork
apart from the occasional problem window or the weather
turns appalling ice snow etc then trad bottoms i wouldnt dream
of picking up a squeegee  and im far to lazy to be bothered messing around
cleaning the insides of peoples houses.

windows fascia and gutters make me more than a good living
5hrs a day.

why would i want to take a step backwards to hardwork
unless im forced to ;D

John F

« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2011, 03:17:47 pm »
not saying you should. what you say is the point im making about why lots of people come into this game. any prat can clean with wfp. not anyone can trad insides. i know you dont clean insides etc etc. just hope and pray that your area doesnt get a cleaner that does and he takes your work.

you are what i call a snob. you give the impression that if guys dont use wfp then they are dumb bacause its faster etc. so youve seen the light and are a bit higher up the level of poope in the same bucket as every window cleaner swims in.

enjoy the smell and stop pretending to be in a different bucket  8)

Mike_G

« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2011, 03:20:10 pm »

5hrs a day.

unless im forced to ;D

I have to admire your honesty.

« Reply #31 on: November 13, 2011, 05:24:04 pm »
hey guys interesting topic . but dont you all offer both trad and wfp because i do and to be honest i prefer trad but faster doing wfp and there is always a possibility of a miss app on a ladder.

Terry_Burrows

« Reply #32 on: November 13, 2011, 05:29:22 pm »
chimley sweepers have now become .. window cleaners LMFHO ;D window cleaning is never going to be a Trade,to many odd job boys jumping on the band wagon! simple... which is sad for the real boys..
BURNING RUBBER FASTER!

gary999

« Reply #33 on: November 13, 2011, 05:39:34 pm »
not saying you should. what you say is the point im making about why lots of people come into this game. any prat can clean with wfp. not anyone can trad insides. i know you dont clean insides etc etc. just hope and pray that your area doesnt get a cleaner that does and he takes your work.

you are what i call a snob. you give the impression that if guys dont use wfp then they are dumb bacause its faster etc. so youve seen the light and are a bit higher up the level of poope in the same bucket as every window cleaner swims in.

you have me totally wrong i couldnt careless what other use,i was just telling
you what iuse and why.

you seem to feel anyone who uses wfp is a snob,my guess is mate that
you are what is refferred as is a inverted snob.the attitude and anger problem
seems to be yours and not mine.

by the way any pratt can learn to squeegee...you seem to have managed it

no offence meant mate! ;D ;D

Terry_Burrows

« Reply #34 on: November 13, 2011, 05:49:17 pm »
 ;D lets face it holding a broom in the air is not rocket science ::) ;D :-* and theres water!
BURNING RUBBER FASTER!

John F

« Reply #35 on: November 13, 2011, 05:55:49 pm »

you what iuse and why.

nice try mate. you are in the same bucket as all of us who clean windows. you felt you needed to justify your chosen method. i dont care what anyone uses. i just laugh at the fact that any window cleaner could feel clever because they us e a certain tool. if the poope fits.............. ;)

bobby p

« Reply #36 on: November 13, 2011, 06:14:40 pm »
;D lets face it holding a broom in the air is not rocket science ::) ;D :-* and theres water!
do you still clean windows on a round Terry ?  i saw you do carpets on the carpet side of the forum

dd

« Reply #37 on: November 13, 2011, 06:52:12 pm »
KCleaning.

If you feel you live in a "bucket of poope" that is your perspective on life and is perfectly OK.

Not good however to view others that way just because they clean windows.

Personally I do not believe my occupation defines who I am or whether or not I "live in a bucket of poope". This IMO has more to do with personal values, outlook on life etc.

gary999

« Reply #38 on: November 13, 2011, 07:14:53 pm »

you what iuse and why.

nice try mate. you are in the same bucket as all of us who clean windows. you felt you needed to justify your chosen method. i dont care what anyone uses. i just laugh at the fact that any window cleaner could feel clever because they us e a certain tool. if the poope fits.............. ;)

yep you are right im a window cleaner and your point is ;D

did i mention feeling clever :o if i was clever matey i wouldnt be
window cleaning ;D

simply telling you why i prefer wfp doesnt mean im justifying myself
but if that what floats your boat for you and the boulder on your
shoulder i will agrree with you and you can run round happy that
you are right!! ;D ;D

sheeesh! can somebody find his dummy! ;D ;D

gary999

« Reply #39 on: November 13, 2011, 07:24:10 pm »

5hrs a day.

unless im forced to ;D

I have to admire your honesty.

cheer! glad somebody can appreciate it!

i spent nearly twenty years slogging my guts out 80hrs
a week for a company like loads of others which had little
or no appreciation for what i was doing.

i work less than half the hours now,make more money
and like my life as easy as possible,i only take the work
that suits me if it isnt wfp i dont want to know,physically
trad is too much like hard work,as im hurtling into middle
age and then old age given the choice i just dont want it :)

dave f

« Reply #40 on: November 13, 2011, 08:16:27 pm »
i dont see what all the fuss is ?????clean windows get paid end ov. so long as you have got money coming in happy days ;D ;D ;D ;D

John F

« Reply #41 on: November 13, 2011, 09:31:06 pm »
gary no need to justify your thinking. calm down old chap  ;D

gary999

« Reply #42 on: November 13, 2011, 10:35:47 pm »
okay if it makes you happy ;)

dazmond

« Reply #43 on: November 13, 2011, 10:45:17 pm »
IMO there will always be room for a squeegee.i can trad with the best of them (16 years experience!)albeit usually ground floor only most of the time.i enjoy the change and esp in tight spaces or if the windows are old wooden ones or the odd problem plastic window(usually perished,poorly fitted rubber seals!!).

the problem is wfp is just so damn good and quick on maintenance window cleaning for 80% of my work!the safety aspect and piece of mind should not be underestimated either.

for those of you who are still 100% trad then fair play to you but really i do think your missing out as you can earn more for the same hours worked with wfp.once the first few months are out of the way its a breeze compared to 100% trad.

make sure its not fear of change or losing a few customers here and there thats stopping you from investing in wfp.

i phoned a customer tonight for access for tomorrow morning who asked me do i know any window cleaners in derby that use a wfp system as her friend was very impressed by my cleaning!!she said the windows looked fantastic!!

its obvious that purified water is better at cleaning than soap and water and a squeegee but its also down to the operator and whether he takes pride in his work.its only window cleaning but i try and always do a thorough job for a fair price.

there are some wfp cleaners out there who dont give a stuff and this results in a poor job.some are just plain thick or inexperienced.same goes for trad cleaners.

whatever method i think both are here to stay but wfp will become more the norm over time as its just easier,faster and safer and you can clean all the awkward windows(99% of em anyway!).

it really is a no brainer!!!

if you take this business seriously then how can you not get a wfp system?you d be a fool not too.

just keep trad for the odd ground floor windows and insides and pole the rest!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

best wishes to you all

dazmond
price higher/work harder!

John F

« Reply #44 on: November 13, 2011, 11:12:19 pm »
dazmond, its not about what any advantages are of one tool or another. its about the simple fact that we are all window cleaners. some are clever window cleaners and some are too thick even to be able to use wfp. we are all unecessary service suppliers.

not skilled workers or suppliers of a needed service. we clean windows. if we didnt clean windows, people would have to do it themselves.

hard to understand for some, but what can you do about that? ;)

Paul Coleman

« Reply #45 on: November 14, 2011, 04:14:06 am »
I'm going to start doing my accounts with an abacus.  These damned computers are far too expensive.

John F

« Reply #46 on: November 14, 2011, 06:37:23 am »
that implies that wfp is 1000's of times faster than trad. is that a good comparison? if it was then we could clean thousands of houses a day. do you clean that many?

still in the same bucket of poope lads. we are cleaners. we clean. 8)

H S and Son

« Reply #47 on: November 14, 2011, 07:58:40 am »
Why do you equate window cleaning/window cleaners with buckets of poo? Just because it's a service industry?

dazmond

« Reply #48 on: November 14, 2011, 08:22:11 am »
I don't care what you guys think!I love my job...............now wheelie bin cleaners........eh......that's a crappy job!!!! :D ;)

Window cleaning is a very important service to some of my customers albeit as they value appearance and vanity above most things!!!!

Happy cleaning lads!

Time I was off out now.  ;D

Dazmond
price higher/work harder!

rycalshaw

« Reply #49 on: November 14, 2011, 10:47:15 am »
SOME INTERESTING REPLIES BUT THE POINT I WAS TRYING TO MAKE IS THAT INSURANCE COMPANIES AND H+S POLICE MAY EVENTUALLY MAKE IT ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE TO CLEAN THE TRADITIONAL WAY, IT WASN,T MEANT TO BE A WFP V TRAD ARGUEMENT ,SO LONG AS IT PAYS THE BILLS AND PUTS FOOD IN THE PANTRY THATS ALL THAT MATTERS..

Mike_G

« Reply #50 on: November 14, 2011, 02:16:02 pm »
I'm going to start doing my accounts with an abacus.  These damned computers are far too expensive.

Standard, almost pathetic answer. How many people use a microwave to cook every meal?

John F

« Reply #51 on: November 14, 2011, 03:29:14 pm »

Standard, almost pathetic answer. How many people use a microwave to cook every meal?

somebody has understood wat i was trying to say  ;)

gary999

« Reply #52 on: November 14, 2011, 05:36:30 pm »

me! ;D

Mike_G

« Reply #53 on: November 14, 2011, 05:51:23 pm »

me! ;D

:D

I do have another example but I expect you will claim you do that as well Gary, so I'll keep it to myself....for now

gary999

« Reply #54 on: November 14, 2011, 05:58:11 pm »

me! ;D

:D

I do have another example but I expect you will claim you do that as well Gary, so I'll keep it to myself....for now

nah! not really..i dont go near the microwave thats my missus
department! ;D

nelly

« Reply #55 on: November 14, 2011, 09:11:27 pm »
what do all you wfp windie's do to fill ya tank's during a hose pipe ban??????

And where is it,climbing a ladder is illegal?!!!!

Paul Coleman

« Reply #56 on: November 14, 2011, 09:19:25 pm »
Very interesting thread, inciting some passionate replies!

My thoughts are that, wanting to keep life very simple, I have been and always will be a trad window cleaner for as long as I am capable of carrying and climbing a ladder safely. I have nearly 15 years of experience in this game, never charge about in a mindless hurry to earn the next buck quickly, and am very, very thorough in everything I do.

Were I to convert to WFP, I know that it would do my head in. I would be asking myself and stressing out over such questions as 'Have I got enough water on board, is the TDS 000 (anymore and I would be worried about spotting) have I got spare pumps, etc for when they break...' etc etc.

What I love about trad is its simplicity. I earn enough, it is stress free and I answer to nobody. If I am happy why try to fix something which ain't broke?

John    

That's what I thought about WFP - that it would do my head in.  It did at first because I was short on facilities, live in a flat which makes filtering more difficult etc.  However, it's like anything else that is new to you.  It can take a bit of getting used to but once you get settled into a pattern, you learn more about what you are doing, and it just becomes part of your new normality.

Paul Coleman

« Reply #57 on: November 14, 2011, 09:21:05 pm »

Are sense of humour bypass operations available on the NHS or do you have to go private?

Mike_G

« Reply #58 on: November 14, 2011, 09:55:17 pm »

Are sense of humour bypass operations available on the NHS or do you have to go private?

Oh you were telling jokes......forgive me for not laughing, perhaps your one liners need a little work before you go public!

Paul Coleman

« Reply #59 on: November 14, 2011, 09:58:18 pm »

Oh you were telling jokes......forgive me for not laughing, perhaps your one liners need a little work before you go public!

Well it was 4.15 a m.
I won't be giving up my day job - that's for sure.

Mike_G

« Reply #60 on: November 14, 2011, 10:00:34 pm »

Well it was 4.15 a m.
I won't be giving up my day job - that's for sure.

Now thats better, a little bit of practice and your getting better already :D

Johnny B

« Reply #61 on: November 14, 2011, 10:09:25 pm »
[
That's what I thought about WFP - that it would do my head in.  It did at first because I was short on facilities, live in a flat which makes filtering more difficult etc.  However, it's like anything else that is new to you.  It can take a bit of getting used to but once you get settled into a pattern, you learn more about what you are doing, and it just becomes part of your new normality.

I understand, and actually do agree with what you are saying Paul. It's just me. I don't believe that I would actually earn more by going WFP. The main reason is that I would spend sooo much time checking, rechecking and checking again for spots etc (assuming I could see them 20 feet up in the air) that I would stress myself out over whether I was doing anything less than a perfect job. At least when I am up the ladders I can see what I have done and make good if necessary. I am such a perfectionist (OCD tendencies) that I just know that WFP and I would not get on because I need to be close to the window to make sure all is well, and it wouldn't save me time! I am not knocking, and never will criticize WFP. It clearly works, and as such is an excellent tool for window cleaning, it's just not for me.

Best wishes,
John  

Mr.G

« Reply #62 on: November 16, 2011, 12:11:24 am »
This site hasn't improved since last time I bothered to visit it..

steveo22

« Reply #63 on: November 16, 2011, 07:10:36 pm »
Hows your 5 million leaflet drop campaign going? Remember you on about it a while back. Just wondering how you go about cleaning communal window inside apartment blocks, interior office windows etc... Or doesn't your business cater for that? WFP only! "Nah, i don't use one of them squisshys, won't be able to do the inside of you conny Mrs Smith"