rycalshaw

future of trad
« on: November 12, 2011, 04:52:29 pm »
i,m going wfp in  the new year the reason being i,m nearly 50 and it will hopefully be a bit steadier for me, what do you guys think the future holds for trad window cleaning, i,ve been trad for 11 years and have thoroughly enjoyed it but it seems with the insurance companies attitudes and a lot on commercial custies insisting on wfp the trads future is looking bleak, i think the h+s police have a lot to answer for..

james51174

Re: future of trad
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2011, 04:57:12 pm »
there will always be a need/market for traditional w/c'ing

but wfp is a more than handy toll to have

Dave66

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2011, 09:59:47 pm »
99% will use wfp in 5yrs or so i reckon..
plenty of cream...plenty of sugar!

bobby p

« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2011, 10:28:34 pm »
my bet its about 70% are trad at the moment , going down to 60% in 20 yrs time

windiewasher

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2011, 11:47:23 pm »
its illegal to climb ladders m8 and i would say 60 to 70% of trad cleaners are not legit and don't have insurance and sign on!
Takings off all first cleans till march 7th 2014
October  total=  cleaned  extra per month
November = cleaned extra per month
Total £  so far.

Dave66

« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2011, 12:16:30 am »
my bet its about 70% are trad at the moment , going down to 60% in 20 yrs time
really that long?

Johnny B

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2011, 12:36:10 am »
 quote author=kev@cleanerbrighterwindowcleaners link=topic=140534.msg1163552#msg1163552 date=1321141643]
its illegal to climb ladders m8 and i would say 60 to 70% of trad cleaners are not legit and don't have insurance and sign on!
[/quote]

Please read my siggy.  ;)

John
Being diplomatic is being able to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

bobby p

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2011, 07:09:04 am »

there certainly seems to be plenty of ladder makers knocking up these double pointers , i can honestly say i see a set of these everytime i drive out  (and its not  the same man  )

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2011, 07:17:53 am »

You really do talk a load of bollox.....
 ::)...what are these facts based on.......

steven ainger

« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2011, 07:21:28 am »

You really do talk a load of bollox.....
 ::)...what are these facts based on.......

8 pints of stella  ;D

Terry_Burrows

« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2011, 07:58:12 am »
Trad will never ever end! you will see more Trad than ever because many cannot afford the wfp prices,far easy to start up as a wc Trad,much cheaper,so its a no brainer  ;D its stuff the wfp people dont want to hear but its true. simle as. :-* there are too many at wfp now the cheaper it will become,
WWW.FASTESTWINDOWCLEANER.CO.UK
GUINNESS WORLD RECORD HOLDER
BURNING RUBBER FASTER!
NATIONAL FEDERATION OF MASTER WINDOW CLEANERS.

Nathanael Jones

« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2011, 08:42:05 am »
Terry "The Dinosaur" Burrows,... It seems the worlds fastest window cleaner is 5 years behind the times!!!

Trad will never disappear completely, as its often the best method for shopfronts, internals & bungalows etc,.. BUT (as  has been pointed out MANY times one here) a basic WFP kit with a cheap backpack, pole, DI etc can cost as little as £300 -- I remember spending more than that on my ladder, scrims and trad tools when I started out!

WFP takes a little more thinking, eg. What to buy? How to Purify water? How to transport water? BUT at the end of the day there are very few who've switched who say their earnings haven't increased because of it. You can work faster, with less physical strain & less danger from work at heights,.. its a no brainer really.

Trad will never ever end! you will see more Trad than ever because many cannot afford the wfp prices,far easy to start up as a wc Trad,much cheaper,so its a no brainer  ;D its stuff the wfp people dont want to hear but its true. simle as. :-* there are too many at wfp now the cheaper it will become,

Londoner

« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2011, 08:49:45 am »
You will always have trad cleaners. Some of my customers already refer to it as the old fashioned way and it will settle nicely into that niche for those customers who still prefer it that way. But the future is wfp.

SB Cleaning

« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2011, 08:51:15 am »
The more tradders the better more work for me to pick up when they do a crap job ;D

james51174

« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2011, 09:27:26 am »
The more tradders the better more work for me to pick up when they do a crap job ;D

while i agree there are a massive percentage of traditional w/c'ers out there doing a bad job, there are as many missusing the pole

both are a toll...both tools can be used correctly, or otherwise in my opinion

using both myself....i can honestly say there are jobs NOT suited to wfp for a variety of reasons

i would prefer on domestic houses and offices to use wfp every time......but i want perfect results every time as well....so i am forced to use traditional methods on part of my work

there are times when risk assesments call for traditional methods over wfp as well (all be it rare)

and trusty trad will always be dominant on shop fronts :) :)

gary999

« Reply #15 on: November 13, 2011, 09:33:51 am »
its amazing how attitudes are changing,when i first introduced
wfp to one of my regulars a few years ago his attitude was what
a load of crap and cant you do it the proper way way.

4 yrs later only a couple of weeks ago he commented that
anyone on ladders and not using a pole system had got
to be a cowboy!

funny but true! ;D

AuRavelling79

« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2011, 09:39:48 am »
My prediction for trad only:-

1. Trad will still be used by the doley raggit and run brigade.

2. Trad will become a niche market by geezers who have window cleaned all their life off ladders and will do less and less as they wind down to retirement.

3. Trad will still be done on "safe" domestic work by firemen or other shift workers who have a small easy money round.

4. Trad will still be done by the semi retired keep their hand in guys.

5. Gangmaster trad emperors have dwindled to the depths of Lancashire's satanic mill towns and cocklebay resorts where cheap immigrant labour will keep it going among the "once a fortnight, cleanyerdoorstoop and chimley, that'll be three quid missus" brigade!
It's a game of three halves!

Dave66

« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2011, 11:59:44 am »
love it ^^^^  ;D ;D

Terry_Burrows

« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2011, 12:21:33 pm »
Not behind the times at all would not waste my money on wfp crap! why spend £££££ when you dont need it,and I really dont! so case closed!  ;D thats why I dont come on here much now all talk a load of crap! about nothing :P its been said before, very boring now... ::)
WWW.FASTESTWINDOWCLEANER.CO.UK
GUINNESS WORLD RECORD HOLDER
BURNING RUBBER FASTER!
NATIONAL FEDERATION OF MASTER WINDOW CLEANERS.

John F

« Reply #19 on: November 13, 2011, 12:23:24 pm »
makes me laugh. we are all just window cleaners and even in this game there are snobs!! we have the window cleaners with staff. we have one man bands. we have trad and wfp. we are all just window cleaners. dont matter what van or how shiney it is and how many beer coupons some guys earn or how many millions some of us earn. we are window cleaners and i bet there are still some prats who say they have a cleaning company.

window cleaners. thats what we do. clean windows. some of us like to think we are skilled tradesmen pmsl. who would believe that window cleaners could be snobby about how they clean windows  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

love this place  ;D ;D