Blue Frog Systems

Re: are flyers a waste of time and money
« Reply #20 on: March 12, 2011, 08:31:09 pm »
Flyerfs dont generate quick work - knocking does !

The thing about leaflets is that the work trickles in. They are genuine people who i find really want a regular cleaner... yes you get the odd 1 off.

Had an email the other day from a leaflet i pushed through a door 10 months ago.

If you want work now, just knock the doors and leave leaflets if no answer. I've had 6 one off jobs come through this week from my past efforts (lealfleting)
Only those who risk going too far will truly know how far they can actually go

andy1975

« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2011, 09:35:05 pm »
i canvassed an area recently and people said i got your flyer and lost it and wanted to phone.i got the job but i didnt send the flyer.i picked up work from someone elses hard work and time.maybe this is naughty but it shows if you leaflet you need to follow up or someone like me only needs to be in the right place at the right time that gets lucky

bobby p

« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2011, 09:50:48 pm »
i like flyers,ONLY when somebody does delivering them for me . a young buck can deliver a serious raft of them , but the result after varies.    sometimes a dozen phone calls from a 4 hr drop,   sometimes less . but ALWAYS  get jobs from them .

« Reply #23 on: March 13, 2011, 10:36:51 am »
Would it be possible to take a look at your leaflet? Always looking for new ideas! rgwwindowcleaning@hotmail.co.uk

Thanks!

Ron Rogers

« Reply #24 on: March 13, 2011, 11:39:57 am »
When i am leafleting a large estae where all the houses are the same i use my cheap homemde flyers which have a space for the price and i put the price on them before i post them, cos i think a lot of people cant be bothered to phone for a quote but if they know the price and think its fair they will phone you and you know you got the job and your not running round giving quotes and not getting jobs.

bobby p

« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2011, 01:28:29 pm »
When i am leafleting a large estae where all the houses are the same i use my cheap homemde flyers which have a space for the price and i put the price on them before i post them, cos i think a lot of people cant be bothered to phone for a quote but if they know the price and think its fair they will phone you and you know you got the job and your not running round giving quotes and not getting jobs.
thats a very good idea, but only if its you delivering,not some irk  tossing out random prices !! 

bobby p

« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2011, 01:32:20 pm »
Would it be possible to take a look at your leaflet? Always looking for new ideas! rgwwindowcleaning@hotmail.co.uk

Thanks!
   not sure if its aimed at me? but my fliers are just  a  6" x2" slip of paper with WINDOW CLEANER ,number and first name on them ,all written with a marker pen. look cheap and cheerful .  towards one end i stick a "star " sticker , buy them in the Range store at about £1 for a 100 stars,quite fancy stars,not basic

Matt Cornford

« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2011, 07:28:56 pm »
When I canvass, I generally only drop flyers on those who are not at home. If they are home and not interested I'd leave them a business card.. This has worked for me, even if its 3 or 4 moths later they call me.

lcwalker

« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2011, 08:02:09 pm »
ive handed out about 2500 flyers in about 3 weeks and so far i have had 34 calls. all monthly work, nice little pay rise.

That is exactly my target hope it works as well for me.

Im delivering tomorrow i have 2500 in the cuboard from my past drops i fine i get 1 to 2 jobs per 100 dropped so if i get 25 ill be happy but if i get 34 like you ill be over the moon as ill have my round where i want it to be.

Londoner

« Reply #29 on: March 14, 2011, 08:10:43 am »
im also currently leafleting , so plese send me a copy aswell ,

lloyd.birchley@hotmail.co.uk       many thanks ,  lloyd .

Don't leaflet any of mine Lloyd, I'll leave a chalk cross outside the houses I do.

adie585

« Reply #30 on: March 14, 2011, 10:28:35 pm »
me too please    apwindowcleaning@hotmail.com

Jonny D

« Reply #31 on: March 15, 2011, 07:09:53 am »
if your still sending them out al take one aswell please. jonx06@hotmail.co.uk

robbie72

« Reply #32 on: March 15, 2011, 07:24:02 am »
if you could email me a copy too please robbie.4.clarke@btinternet.com

K.J.M

« Reply #33 on: March 17, 2011, 03:26:39 pm »
Could you send me a copy please just to compare to the 1 ive recently designed mad4itkev@hotmail.com  :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

Wc Solutions

« Reply #34 on: March 17, 2011, 04:39:21 pm »
flyers get you the odd one or two in a few roads but from that you end up getting more work when you are seen working in the road...

little tip - say you have 4 houses in a road, put your flyers in the other houses with a little note attached saying something like join many of your neighbours in recieving our regaular & reliable window cleaning service - then just have a line on it - then just fill in the door numbers you already do.

that should make your round more compact and we all love a good compact round  :D

we have had flyers out since dec10 and got in over 1k of work - to be fair most of it is one off type work - mainly conservatory valet service as some wc dont/cant do it ...

dave f

« Reply #35 on: March 17, 2011, 05:03:10 pm »
well i think i might have to move to some where flyers are efective up here its a poor do  ;D ;D

Perfect Windows

« Reply #36 on: March 17, 2011, 05:51:15 pm »
Are flyers a waste of time and money?

In a word, no.  They can be marvellously effective.  However, people on here already have their minds made up (for an example, see the name of this thread) so I'll just carry on getting customers cheaply with leaflets.

Vin

cozy

« Reply #37 on: March 17, 2011, 06:01:00 pm »
Too many things that make a difference. Good flyer or bad flyer. Who picks it up off the mat in the morning etc etc. When I drop flyers, I follow them up within 3 days. I print that we will be calling in the near future to see if they are interested and answer any questions they may have.

Hit rate is fantastic. horses for courses etc? Door knocking is by far the fastest way to build tho IMO.

Scrimble

« Reply #38 on: March 31, 2011, 07:29:28 pm »
today i did a commercial clean i priced it up very well and after 3 hours job was done, big office building, was having a coffee and chatting to the manager who got me to do the job and i asked him where he had got my number from, he told me they couldnt get hold of a window cleaner 3 others they asked to quote never bothered to turn up and it turns out the accounts manager had got a flyer of mine and brought it in to work and thats how i got the job,

big commercial job from a basic black and white flyer, got 4 quotes to do from people who work there and seen me cleaning, all from my flyer,

do flyers work? of course they do

Crystal-clear