Lee Pryor

Project X REVEALED!!!
« on: March 10, 2011, 02:23:14 pm »
Ok people since Slumpbuster busted me yesterday (thanks for that NOT) I feel its only right to put you all out of your misery. Its nice to see also that 200 people around the country looked at the site and thanks to the statistic data package I have under the site I can now see who and where you all are.

Welcome to "I want a window cleaner.com" where "I want does get"!

It is important to know first that I have built my own business with the standard price menu system which I came up with 2 years ago. So that is proven in my own business.

It is also important to know that there are many details that I will not be talking about, Ie future development plans for the site, areas covered and so on. So it would be better to not waste your time bombarding me with questions.

The Project is built around radio advertising, which at this time will reach nearly 200,000 listenerns a week from the 1st of April.

This drives people to the site, where they will learn all about the modern methods of window cleaning and such services. then they see the price for the type of property they have - dont give me stick please im aware of how you may view that, of course there will be lots of price lists at a later time.
Once they choose the frequency they want they submit their details.

The details come to me where I see which companies are covering that area and offer them the work.

What does it cost them?

There is no membership fee or up front cost.

A 6 week customer is sold for 1.5x a clean value

A 12 weeker for 1x a clean value

A flat =£10

any additional service a customer wants with the first clean is sold for just £5 - that could be a £120 gutter clear

If more than 10 customers are purchased at once a 25% dicounts is given on the purchase price.

Once purchased the customer info is emailed to that company and then its over to them to make of it what they will.

Its a bit like a canvasing company in terms of the sale but much stronger as the customer has come of their own accord and made there own decisions on price and so on.

I have hand picked 25 companies covering the area of broadcast and am happy that they are all running top level businesses that will porvide the customers with exactly what the site says they will.

your coments about the site have been taken on board by me, and I can say that ALL the Pryors Window Cleaning content will be removed over the coming months, its all a question of time and money.

If the project it a success it will be expanded around the country. so If you like the sound of all that and meet the requirements set out then email me your company details to info@pryors-uk.com I may not email or call you back but your details will be stored untill a time when the project is coming to your area, then I will contact you.

Many thanks

Lee Pryor

P.S dont hate me for trying to do something that will help us all! oh and my franchise package is damn good as it goes.  ;D
The best way to predict the future is to create it.

Steve CM

Re: Project X REVEALED!!!
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2011, 02:30:10 pm »
just one thing lee. i'm looking at your site and can't see how to submit my details as a customer? how is it done?

Steve CM

« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2011, 02:50:49 pm »
here lee take a look

http://www.webuyanycar.com/

If you want people to read info then maybe a few stages of leading them through other than reading a mass of text maybe the way to go. All i'm saying is people may get bored of looking and click off.

Not being negative just constructive :)

Mike_G

« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2011, 02:51:41 pm »
Good luck, time will tell if it's a goer or not

Regarding your site, there were a few of us mentioning last night on another topic that perhaps it would look better if the guys on your website were wearing a uniform of some sort, what do you think Lee?

And please dont think its a criticism, its not, its just that everything is set up by yourself to provide a professional service and if I were a customer I think I would be expecting a visit from somebody who looks the part as well as someone who can carry out the work professionally.

Lee Pryor

« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2011, 03:01:48 pm »
The pictures were taken for my business 3 years ago, then and now my staff and I where tops with the logo on the front and back. I leave it up to my staff what trousers and footware they have. we dont want boiler suites and things like that.

As i have said, in time ALL thats ALL the Pryors content will be coming off, starting with the logo over the next week.

Wc Solutions

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2011, 03:10:58 pm »
all that time waiting just for that!

good luck with it but cant see it being any good...

Jake Kelly

« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2011, 03:18:00 pm »

No need to be like that. You should have left it at "Good luck".

Lee, good luck mate, keep us all up to date :)

Wc Solutions

« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2011, 03:19:51 pm »

No need to be like that. You should have left it at "Good luck".

Lee, good luck mate, keep us all up to date :)

im pretty sure its been done before tho!!

Kate2

« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2011, 03:41:47 pm »
As with all marketing you have to have proactive aswell as reactive, sure Lee has researched his competitors? If you are happy with the way that things will work out, and all satisfied with the arrangements........

Small but perfectley formed

« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2011, 03:45:13 pm »
Good luck , i hope you can make a nice profit from your investment
Spit and polish

♠Winp®oClean♠

« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2011, 03:45:19 pm »
Ok people since Slumpbuster busted me yesterday (thanks for that NOT) I feel its only right to put you all out of your misery. Its nice to see also that 200 people around the country looked at the site and thanks to the statistic data package I have under the site I can now see who and where you all are.

It is important to know first that I have built my own business with the standard price menu system which I came up with 2 years ago. So that is proven in my own business.

It is also important to know that there are many details that I will not be talking about, Ie future development plans for the site, areas covered and so on. So it would be better to not waste your time bombarding me with questions.

The Project is built around radio advertising, which at this time will reach nearly 200,000 listenerns a week from the 1st of April.

This drives people to the site, where they will learn all about the modern methods of window cleaning and such services. then they see the price for the type of property they have - dont give me stick please im aware of how you may view that, of course there will be lots of price lists at a later time.

The details come to me where I see which companies are covering that area and offer them the work.

What does it cost them?

A flat =£10

any additional service a customer wants with the first clean is sold for just £5 - that could be a £120 gutter clear

If more than 10 customers are purchased at once a 25% dicounts is given on the purchase price.

Once purchased the customer info is emailed to that company and then its over to them to make of it what they will.

Its a bit like a canvasing company in terms of the sale but much stronger as the customer has come of their own accord and made there own decisions on price and so on.

I have hand picked 25 companies covering the area of broadcast and am happy that they are all running top level businesses that will porvide the customers with exactly what the site says they will.

your coments about the site have been taken on board by me, and I can say that ALL the Pryors Window Cleaning content will be removed over the coming months, its all a question of time and money.

If the project it a success it will be expanded around the country. so If you like the sound of all that and meet the requirements set out then email me your company details to info@pryors-uk.com I may not email or call you back but your details will be stored untill a time when the project is coming to your area, then I will contact you.

Many thanks

Lee Pryor

P.S dont hate me for trying to do something that will help us all! oh and my franchise package is damn good as it goes.  ;D

Well done on the effort Lee. Obviously, you've invested both money & time in to it.

Good luck with it & one thing's for sure, if you never try, you'll never know! ;)

Paul Coleman

« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2011, 03:46:17 pm »
all that time waiting just for that!

I'm not so sure.  I'm very much in "jury's out" mode on this.  If it were just a radio ad with a phone number - even an easily memorised one - I would probably agree with you.  I think the key to it, and I've said as much to Lee, could be the easily memorised domain name.  However, it is hard to be sure.  As far as I know, there is no road map for this type of advertising with window cleaning.
Will it work?  Probably - to a point.  I feel it would need to be repeated regularly and frequently before it starts to work better.  I also feel that there will be a novelty element to it at first which will attract some of the listeners.
Whether it will work well enough to recoup Lee's financial outlay is also debatable IMO.  On its own - perhaps not.  However, something like this could end up laying groundwork for other things if managed well (again IMO).
I do wonder if it might have been simpler to just find two or three outlets for selling the work that isn't in Lee's area but by involving so many, at least he can be sure that all the work will be sold.  Also, by creating a situation where a number of people might be wanting the work, it prevents him from being put into the position of, for instance, the farmers who supply Tesco (i.e. too few outlets enabling the buyer to dictate price).

Darranvps

« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2011, 04:06:35 pm »
Good Luck Lee

I used radio advertising many years ago for my business in Bradford, West Yorkshire, aimed at commercial window cleaning customers. The local radio station was called Pennine Radio, and I think at the time was listened to by about 400,000 or so.

This was done before websites were available.

Was it cost effective for me - I'm not saying.

Let us all know exactly which radio station will be playing the ad, and hopefully we can listen in.

Darran
Purple Rhino

cozy

« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2011, 04:11:55 pm »
Some good points there Paul. Firstly good luck with the project Lee. A rising tide raises all ships and all that.
200,000 people listen to the station that will broadcast the advert? Domestic potential custies will be 100,000 at best because I asume half the people in UK have a regular windy. I would expect a return from 100,000 listeners that "heard the advert" that about the same percentage of listeners would react to it as they would to leaflets. So about 2%.that's about 2000 potential custies. If it goes like that, great!! The beers are on you. ;D

Sean Dyer

« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2011, 04:13:31 pm »
Good luck pal

Ignore the ones on here with no ambition, or who are jealous , as you have said many times, the risk is all on you, and it can only prove to work , or not , nothing ventured nothing gained and if successful it will be great and i 'm sure you can make it work !

Sean

H S and Son

« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2011, 04:22:22 pm »
Good luck Lee. If its a success fair play to you. Im not entirely convinced it'll be what you might have hoped it'll be, all the same onwards and upwards and if it raises the profile of your business and the recent routes regarding H&S the industry is moving down then that can only be good news.

I wont be coming onboard though despite you stating a few months back that I would  ;)

Well done.

Matt   

jasonl

« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2011, 04:28:02 pm »
This will work for sure , wish one was available for carpet cleaners .
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

erithwc

« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2011, 04:34:20 pm »
Good luck lee hope you don't lose any money, but in the words of dragons den " im out "  ;D ;D

i find it easy to deliver leaflets where i want the work, plus i cant see the point in paying another cleaning company for getting me work and making their company bigger and giving them a stronger hold on the market.

Mike_G

« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2011, 04:34:32 pm »
This will work for sure , wish one was available for carpet cleaners .

Well if there isn't, why dont you do one yourself?

Gav Camm lammy 283

« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2011, 04:42:33 pm »
i think this will work
and work well , gud on ya lee ;) ;)
LET YOUR PANES BE MY PLEASURE

"If CALSBERG did WINDOW CLEANING
 it would be C.C.C  Probably the best WINDOW CLEANERS IN THE WORLD ..........."

SB Cleaning

« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2011, 04:43:13 pm »
Good luck with it Lee :)

I hope it works out for you ;)

Lee Pryor

« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2011, 04:47:26 pm »
Good luck lee hope you don't lose any money, but in the words of dragons den " im out "  ;D ;D

i find it easy to deliver leaflets where i want the work, plus i cant see the point in paying another cleaning company for getting me work and making their company bigger and giving them a stronger hold on the market.

My company doesnt work in your area? so I would not have a stronger hold. In time you will be able to buy the work straight of the site and cherry pick the area, house type, frequency, and clean value instead of buying leaflets and sitting back to wait for the phone to ring.

woody1

« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2011, 04:59:09 pm »
not to be rude but it seems to me your just a canvassing company using the internet no different to the ones you can get work off now lee

windowcleaninginessex.co.uk

« Reply #23 on: March 10, 2011, 05:00:12 pm »
How did you check the companies you are using ? I know you mentioned you wanted companies on here, but how did you vet every single company ? that applied.
---THE BEST YOU CAN GET---
www.windowcleaninginessex.co.uk

Lee Pryor

« Reply #24 on: March 10, 2011, 05:10:51 pm »
not to be rude but it seems to me your just a canvassing company using the internet no different to the ones you can get work off now lee

If you really cant see the big differences that this has over canvassing companies then I dont expect to see on board down the line.

Let me help you with just 1

A customer comes of their own accord having made their own decisions rather than being hunted and talked into it on their doorstep.

oh go on one more then,  canvassing companies charge 3x a clean value for weak work. I will be charging alot less for much stronger work where roughly 30% of all the customers will have at least 1 additional service with the first clean, putting the company that buys that customer in proffit on the first clean.

I have met every comnpany on the project and dealt with them at length over the last few months. I am very confident that any customers they serve will be getting a great and proffesional "business person" looking after them.

DaveG

« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2011, 05:13:39 pm »
Good luck Lee..and when you come West I'm in! ;D
You can't polish a turd

Lee Pryor

« Reply #26 on: March 10, 2011, 05:16:33 pm »
Good luck Lee..and when you come West I'm in! ;D

People that are interested please just email your company details to
info@pryors-uk.com for me to put on file.

Taylor & Taylor WC Services

« Reply #27 on: March 10, 2011, 05:36:06 pm »
Lee,

I think it's a great idea and in time it'll work after a few months of drive time ads the calls will start coming in.

I can't see it happening overnight but stick with it I'm sure it'll pay off.

Davo

« Reply #28 on: March 10, 2011, 05:54:32 pm »
I think that the leads you are selling are too cheap if you are to sustain the level of advertising that is required.
Have you considered letting member companies in an area "bid" on the enquiries that you generate?

JSMC

« Reply #29 on: March 10, 2011, 06:01:18 pm »
where is this site ?

boshravie

« Reply #30 on: March 10, 2011, 06:09:11 pm »

What does it cost them?

A flat =£10

Many thanks

Lee Pryor

Winners are wide- awake; they are alive; every day you will find them in the market-place making things happen. The real winners are not just dreamers.  Although they have dreams, they are doers - they realize their dreams.  They are the bell ringers, always attempting to wake others up to the numerous opportunities life offers.
If you want to cash in on the rewards life has to offer, follow the winners, do as they do and ultimately you will become the winner you are capable of being.  If you are not presently living the way you really want to live, don't feel bad about it or have any regrets about the past.  Today can be the beginning of a new life, just as you turn the page on the calendar to reveal a new day or month, mentally you can do that with your life.
Listen to the winners.  They want to help you.  Every day they are offering you membership to their club.
The greatest reward a winner can receive is to see someone who has been in a deep psychological sleep wake up and grab that brass ring.  The winners are openly rewarded for the help they provide.  The are easy to spot; they very rarely ever hide.  They drive nice vehicles, wear good clothes, live in beautiful homes, take interesting vacations, have happy families and live in healthy bodies.  They have dynamic, creative personalities and are almost always involved in executing a big idea.
Winners do not permit the criticism of the losers to distract or slow them down.  They are too busy turning their dreams into reality and helping others do the same.

And this how i describe you lee, well done.

Bosh :)

Smudger

« Reply #31 on: March 10, 2011, 06:12:08 pm »
hi lee,

this is darrans partner - just out of interest, the main advertising for your new venture is going to be on the radio? Can I ask how many enquiries a week/month you are hoping your campaign will generate, and where did you get this figure from? Or is it really a matter of "sucking and seeing?" (no rude comments fellas please)

How many times a day is your jingle going to be played?

It would seem to me that the costs for this level of coverage to be successful would be quite high, did you consider getting a small team of direct canvassers working instead,or are you doing this as well? as I would have thought that this would generate work much quicker at a lower cost?

Coming from an aggressive sales background I am always genuninely interested in others sales and marketing ideas.

Carrie x

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

prestigeclean

« Reply #32 on: March 10, 2011, 06:44:13 pm »
good luck lee your obviously a tryer , think i,ll stick with my canvasser to build my business though regards alan

woody1

« Reply #33 on: March 10, 2011, 06:51:12 pm »
so lee is just a cheap internet based canversser then

R W C™

« Reply #34 on: March 10, 2011, 07:11:03 pm »
good luck lee your obviously a tryer , think i,ll stick with my canvasser to build my business though regards alan

Hes a pryor  ;D

« Reply #35 on: March 10, 2011, 07:12:34 pm »
Well done Lee that sounds very promising. I'm glad i did all that sticking up for you now.Points arising.

1.I would join something like that- but i might need to pay more for it to be sustainable for you (davos point)

2.I liked the marketing involvement of pryors vans etc and you do need some kind of  hook to hang anything on.

3.Will you get away with just a website? You may need a girl on the end of a phone.

4. I think some kind of common validater is needed,a transfer perhaps, 'pryors accredited ineedawindowcleaner.com gold standard in window cleaning '.

5. Over all very good.

6. If this is ever proven there is always the risk that tesco,AA, etc, will come in and wipe the floor with the lot of us.

luther1

« Reply #36 on: March 10, 2011, 07:21:52 pm »
Slumps,why don't you mention the Gold Accreditation idea?  ;)

trevor perry

« Reply #37 on: March 10, 2011, 08:08:58 pm »
it will be interesting to see if this works, i hope it does as you have obviously put a lot of thought and time into it, my only concern is the pricing,in your area customers are obviously willing to pay them prices but if you do go national i think there are many parts of the country where your pricing will be too expensive but we will wait and see Good luck Lee
better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove any doubt

Lee Pryor

« Reply #38 on: March 10, 2011, 08:14:53 pm »
All good point there guys.

I can tell you that I come from a marketing and sales background. Thanks to that I have been very carfull to look into the stats of the radio side of things, the adds sound great, the customers are out there, the companies are in place and waiting for my calls, the next 3 or 4 stages of the site have been designed and just require the money to be spent. I have a small business investor on board to take it to a national level if I can prove it works on a local scale.

I have focused very closly on the numbers and prices and so on. To start with I want to keep it simple, local, and affordable to everyone. As with most things in business it will evolve.

Lee Pryor

« Reply #39 on: March 10, 2011, 08:17:02 pm »
it will be interesting to see if this works, i hope it does as you have obviously put a lot of thought and time into it, my only concern is the pricing,in your area customers are obviously willing to pay them prices but if you do go national i think there are many parts of the country where your pricing will be too expensive but we will wait and see Good luck Lee

There will be multiple price menus based on averages in each postcode area, the customer will enter their postcode to see the menu for where they live. And yes they do pay that here as this is the system I use in my own business.

trevor perry

« Reply #40 on: March 10, 2011, 08:22:49 pm »

There will be multiple price menus based on averages in each postcode area, the customer will enter their postcode to see the menu for where they live. And yes they do pay that here as this is the system I use in my own business.

Sounds good
better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove any doubt

poleman

« Reply #41 on: March 10, 2011, 11:15:39 pm »
as said on here..... done a google but cant find your website........ i want a window cleaner.com  :-\

Lee Pryor

« Reply #42 on: March 11, 2011, 01:13:23 pm »
as said on here..... done a google but cant find your website........ i want a window cleaner.com  :-\

Im working on it at the moment, it takes time for google to pick things up. The site has only been on for a week.

If you put it in with no spaces or enter the www. address it works

I will also mention that in the last 24 hours I have recieved over 50 emails from companies all over the country that want to get on board this project. So, many thanks to you all for your support.

Lee

Lee Pryor

« Reply #43 on: March 11, 2011, 02:09:04 pm »
And still it grows!

Just got back from lunch and 2 more companies on the email!

I think the question I should be asking is..... Are there any companies out there that dont want to buy strong well priced work at a good rate?!!! ;D ;D

Steve CM

« Reply #44 on: March 11, 2011, 02:14:40 pm »
And still it grows!

Just got back from lunch and 2 more companies on the email!

I think the question I should be asking is..... Are there any companies out there that dont want to buy strong well priced work at a good rate?!!! ;D ;D

Lets see the strong price work come in before an opinion is formed ;)

Lee Pryor

« Reply #45 on: March 11, 2011, 02:24:53 pm »
Fair enough mate   :-*

Pittmonkey

« Reply #46 on: March 11, 2011, 06:17:31 pm »

http://tinyurl.com/4o34am9

:)
'Success is buried in the garden of failure'

Pittmonkey

« Reply #47 on: March 11, 2011, 06:20:39 pm »
All sounds very interesting Lee. Will keep a close eye on developments.

Best of Luck.

Wayne
'Success is buried in the garden of failure'

Alan McTernan

« Reply #48 on: March 11, 2011, 06:50:03 pm »
Good on you Lee ;)

If you ever need a Pressure Cleaning company give me a shout ;)

Wish you luck mate

Regards
Alan

Gav Camm lammy 283

« Reply #49 on: March 11, 2011, 10:54:32 pm »
if yr taking this national lee
id be interested in chester wrexham
north wales n shropshire just in process
of having a new website built  ;)
LET YOUR PANES BE MY PLEASURE

"If CALSBERG did WINDOW CLEANING
 it would be C.C.C  Probably the best WINDOW CLEANERS IN THE WORLD ..........."

windowcleaninginessex.co.uk

« Reply #50 on: March 12, 2011, 06:27:33 am »

http://tinyurl.com/4o34am9

:)

I am not against or for Lee's scheme, just sitting on the fence.
If you wanted a loft conversion you would not type iwantaloftconversion it would be I want a loft conversion, so this serach does not mean much at the moment. let him seo his website, takes time for this, then do a proper search.
Darren
---THE BEST YOU CAN GET---
www.windowcleaninginessex.co.uk