Truly Brilliant

Whats a good price..
« on: June 29, 2010, 03:57:27 pm »
Hi - new to this so be kind..

I have a real problem at the moment with giving the right price, today I have been asked to quote for a 4 flr Georgian house with 3 reception rms, a large kitchen diner, 4 beds (1 small) and 2 baths, they also asked about spot removal or the 3 flights of stairs carpets cleaned, the front door and brass work re polished.. the majority of the house is wooden floors..

I was thinking 2 cleaners from 9-5 £320 with materials??

Would be really grateful for any advice.

Thanks

kelley

Re: Whats a good price..
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2010, 07:17:21 pm »
hi,

i take it this is a spring clean or end of tenancy? what else have you got to do in the house, is it a general clean on rest of house or is it all all doors, frames, skirting boards?
  in the kitchen do you have the oven to do? inside of cupboards?

Truly Brilliant

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2010, 01:17:54 am »
thanks for the reply, its a full spring clean, behind beds, fridge freezer, oven etc...

thanks again and any more would be great!

dianegreenwood

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2010, 07:50:28 am »
Around the £300 mark sounds fine to me depending on pets, amount of clutter, etc.  I would sub out the carpet at extra cost.

Good luck!

Diane

www.freshlymaid.co.uk

Truly Brilliant

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2010, 11:56:56 pm »
I hope you dont mind me asking but what is your average hourly rate for domestic/commercial cleans?

dianegreenwood

« Reply #5 on: July 09, 2010, 09:43:07 am »
£13.50 to £15 per hour,  More per hour for one offs that are 'life of grime' style properties.

Cheers

Diane

www.freshlymaid.co.uk

Adam P

« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2010, 01:13:58 pm »
i said used to say that price changes depending on dirt like diane, and customers never seemed to like it and thought rather then more per hour the result would be more hours. haven't thought of a come back to that other then requires more effort.

if this is a one off then don't worry about the price too much. give whatever you're happy with and if it's too low then learn for next time. it's the regulars you don't want to get wrong.

Truly Brilliant

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2010, 04:35:30 pm »
We are in Buckinghamshire and I think charging to low at the moment, have you any tips for raising the price on the regulars without putting them off? and what do you think is a good price for domestic & commercial? and do you normally charge different rates for the variation on weekly or 2 weekly?
Thank you - your help is very much appreciated!

dianegreenwood

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2010, 03:22:35 pm »
price changes depending on dirt

I see the point re it taking more time, but we have done a couple of really really bad properties and I pay the staff more per hour as its such disgusting work plus we use twice as much product.  Student properties are palaces compared to these!

With 'normal' eot and student properties I charge our normal hourly rate.

Re raising your prices, this can be very difficult with current clients but all new clients should be at new rate, then increase your other prices by a small amount or drop them once you have replaced them with new higher profit clients.

We don't charge more for fortnightly but if for instance it would be 3 hours per week, then its 4 hours per fortnight because you can't get into such a routine with fortnightly and its guaranteed most people won't do much in between so it will be a lot dirtier.

Cheers

Diane

www.freshlymaid.co.uk

Truly Brilliant

« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2010, 02:12:18 pm »
Thanks for your comments been very helpful, also wanted to see if it would be possible to have cleaning schdule and training for employees as seen on forum for others?

Thanks