Joe H

Re: 12 weeks off, boo
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2010, 07:38:05 am »
Sorry to hear that Mark, speedy recovery but as Ken says - dont rush things.

murky

« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2010, 08:15:07 am »
Sorry to hear of your accident.

I have been moaning to all and sundry about the fact that I got stuck in the snow last week whilst doing a rental property and a builder in his van, shovels etc that lives near me went past me 5 times, 5 bl@@dy times, and saw me struggling byself.

I had to use my carpet rake and my wand to shovel and break the ice and snow away,there was nothing else I could use. My wand is nearly ruined now, the mouth is like a hacksaw blade!!!!!!!!!!!!

In the end a granny looking Grandma Giles came out of her house and offered me hers after I had been knocking on peoples doors to borrow one, no answer, all at work I suppose.So I dug myself out and did her path as a courtesy, I have manners.

I will have a word with him about it when I see him it doesnt take a minute to help someone especially when they look at you and see you struggling in the snow and I will point out that our gutters have now started to leak and no he wont be asked to quote to do the work.

After that rant Mark, my problems are nothing to yours mate so good luck with it.

And oh by the way there is a job for a moderator going on here. Well as youve nothing to do for 12 weeks you might as well apply for it eh.

Good luck

Murky

richie

« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2010, 08:36:28 am »
Sorry to hear that Mark.  Hope you have a good recovery.  As im a nosey git and knowone else has asked i will.......I know you said you got knocked down but what happened?

Richie.

clinton

« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2010, 08:52:47 am »
Hi mark

Well that not good news mark just hope you can kep yourself focused for the initial period.

I will give you a ring sometime,where is your number ???

cheers clinton

Jason Ryan

« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2010, 09:30:38 am »
Get well soon mark, very sorry to hear this.

Can sypathysies with you a bit as broke my ankle last year and didnt have insurance to cover any illness or injury (thinking of it i still aint which i will do this week!). Always think its would be fine but these things sadly do happen.

Dont worry mate time will pass soon enough, i used the time to 're-evaluate' my business and made some changes and plans for when i was better.

As for income you will be able to get some allowance, contact job centre or go on there website - some is better than nothing. You could also be elegiable for a grant when you start back, not alot but all helps.

In meantime these forums will hopefully help you get through things.

All the best.

J

Andrew Briscoe

« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2010, 09:33:57 am »
Yea get better soon Mark, put your feet up and rest.
Maybe concentrate on some marketing or something, keep
the mind busy if nowt else.

Andrew

Doctor Carpet (Ret'd)

« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2010, 10:27:47 am »
Mark, so you're not an actor then? (You know what they say amongst themselves.) ;D

Just think. You'll be able to catch up on all those sedentary jobs you've been promising to do.

Actually, when I had my spinal tumour removed I still took loads of phone calls and the vast majority of them (albeit in most cases being existing customers) when told of my situation said something like "well you get better Roger. Phone us when you're ready to come back to work. Our carpets will wait until you can come and clean them". I didn't know how long I would be off work-at least you have a definite timescale.

At least it's happened at the (relatively) quietest time of the year.

Chin up and I hope all works out for you.

Roger
Diplomacy: the art of letting other people have your way

chrisjohn

« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2010, 10:52:12 am »
Sorry to hear about that,take care!

Chris

Tony Gill Carpet Smart

« Reply #28 on: January 18, 2010, 11:55:54 am »
Bugger sorry to hear that Mark can you claim of the person who knocked you down ??

Regards Tony
STAY YOUNG HAVE FUN BE HAPPY xx
www.carpetcleanersbridlington.co.uk

jasonl

« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2010, 12:21:19 pm »
Hope it recovers well ,, and that you can make a living out of subbing and marketing. Also that it is not too much pain.
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

« Reply #30 on: January 18, 2010, 12:22:52 pm »
Sorry to hear of you problem, get well soon .

My son has now had 3mths off through a knee ligament gone. had his reconstruction surgery 4 weeks ago but now he has an infection in the screws they put in so now he has to go through it all again :(

Regards

Daryl

JandS

« Reply #31 on: January 18, 2010, 01:30:34 pm »
And there's me feeling sorry for myself with a bit of cold.

Get well soon Mark.

Get anything needs doing over this end of the woods give us a bell.

John
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

Paul Simpson

« Reply #32 on: January 18, 2010, 02:08:48 pm »
Bad news, know how your feeling.
Laid up for 8 weeks a few years back with a broken ankle. Bored out of my mind and mainly housebound as the missus still had to work.
Add in a cheeky git of a son who would wind me up, then as soon as I get up to deal with him would run off with my crutches and you have one "andry dad".  :D
As already said make sure it recovers fully, was hobbling around on mine as soon as I could (obviously too soon) and years later I still get trouble from it.
That said, hope its a speedy recovery.  ;D

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #33 on: January 18, 2010, 05:10:08 pm »
Get well soon oh no Uncle Ken has told you to take the 12 weeks. 

Regards

Ian

Dave_Lee

« Reply #34 on: January 18, 2010, 06:51:57 pm »
All the best Mark wishing you a speedy recovery.
Dave.
Dave Lee, Owner of Deepclean Services
Chorley Lancs. Est 1980.
"Pay Cheap -You get Cheap - Pay a little more and get something Better."

wayne zabel

« Reply #35 on: January 18, 2010, 07:04:28 pm »
Sorry to hear that Mark,I wouldn't have mithered you with the texts had I known.

Hope you have a speedy recovery

Text me as much as you want mate, i will be bored s**tless.
How did the jobs go this weekend?
Mark

Thanks mate.
They went great apart from nearly knocking myself out when cleaning a carpet in a loft conversion.I forgot that the roof gets smaller near the edges and walked into a wall!!

I still hope to be a full time CC one day soon.

Steve. Taylor

« Reply #36 on: January 18, 2010, 07:32:46 pm »
Hope you get well soon mark.

YOUR SOON BE OFF THE CRUTCHES & BACK OUT WITH THAT WAND.
phone your customer let them no your out of action for the moment but you will be back soon might stir them for when your fit.

Steve T       All the gear but no idea!
www.leatherrepairsouthampton.co.uk

pncleaning

« Reply #37 on: January 21, 2010, 09:25:23 am »
Sorry to hear that Mark

Get well soon!!

Paul

P&N Carpet & Upholstery Cleaning

markpowell

« Reply #38 on: January 21, 2010, 11:41:44 pm »
MAny thanks for all your posts and support  ;) ;)