mitch2810

Cheap websites
« on: January 07, 2010, 10:16:30 am »
http://carpetcleaningwebsites.co.uk/
Just to let you guys know that Mark has put together another website for us. once again it is exactly what we wanted and at an incredibly cheap price. Top of the google ranking for most of our keywords within a couple of weeks. I would advise any cleaners who do not have a website or those who want to promote another side of their business to take advantage and get a site designed as soon as possible. The prices are bound to go up soon.
Phil
GB Commercial Cleaning Ltd

robert meldrum

Re: Cheap websites
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2010, 10:30:00 am »
Hope the spelling on your sites is better than his advert!

mitch2810

« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2010, 10:48:32 am »
Robert, the sites are all cms sites so if there are any smelling mistakes it is very easy to correct them. If you can use Microsoft word then you can alter the content on these sites as often as you like.
It is very simple, I am sure you would be able to do it yourself with a bit of practice!

Mike Halliday

« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2010, 10:52:37 am »
he did mine and I'm very happy, you can moan about his spelling (or just moan about him in general)but his website always seem to get on the first page on google.

I'm seeing him next week to do me a pressure washing website, for £199 you can't go wrong
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

richy27

« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2010, 11:02:48 am »
Right this is the way i see it from looking at the work that dp do it looks acceptable but the most important thing about a website is it needs to be found. I made the mistake of when i started paying a fortune for a website but then had to pay some to seo it for me i now get good first page rankings. fair enough there has been some bad press about spelling mistakes on the websites but if you check through it before it goes live this should not be a prob. you need first page natural listings in your area and he seems to be able to achieve that and at 199 money well spent goin to get hime to do me a new site after jan

JandS

« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2010, 11:02:53 am »
Doesn't inspire confidence when he can't even get his own site right.

John
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

mitch2810

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2010, 11:10:42 am »
John, does it really matter what is on his site providing he gets yours right. You dont pay him to design his own site, you are getting too picky, wake up and smell the coffee, this is what is called excellent value for money. If you would rather pay somebody £1000 to design a website because theirs looks very pretty then feel free.
Phil

robert meldrum

« Reply #7 on: January 07, 2010, 11:17:36 am »
Nobody's MOANING about anything....................

Just mentioning the spelling errors ( which are pretty obvious ) and not likely to inspire confidence. Sure the sites look good and appear to be excellent value and if they live up to the page one claims, must be a good investment.

Joe H

« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2010, 11:27:45 am »
I just ordered a third website, the second one that Goran Knight has done. Goran posts on here as a carpet cleaner.
Another one that is good value for money, and you can have full control in terms of changing the wording yourself.

http://www.cornwallwebdesigns.co.uk/

JandS

« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2010, 12:40:05 pm »
Why pay someone when you can do it yourself.
Mine costs me about £8 a month, they give you thousands of templates to choose from,
you write it all and post pictures yourself, it's so simple it's unbelievable.
You enter your keywords yourself and they submit it to Google for you.
You can update it as much as you want.
They did give you the first month free but you can cancel at any time anyway so even if
that offer has gone your not going to loose much by trying it.
In fact you can design it all and see what you think for free just don't submit it save it.

www.vistaprint.co.uk

Done my bruv one and saved it till he comes back from holiday to see if he likes it.

Mitch
Not getting picky just don't see the point in paying someone £200 to build a site for me
when I can do it myself. Especially someone with a site like that.
Wake up, smell the coffee, you can even buy me one from the cafe for the money you save.

Joe H

« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2010, 12:49:06 pm »
John
£8 per month - is that payable every month you have the site.????
If so, then £8 x 12 = £96 per year, two years £192.
If that is the case your argument doesnt stand up in my books.

JandS

« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2010, 02:37:30 pm »
In 2 years your going to be paying again to update them aren't you?
Or can that be done by yourself?
If the £200 is a one off never pay again fee then it isn't bad.
Or do you then have to pay for SEO?

John

mitch2810

« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2010, 03:38:55 pm »
John post a link to your website and we will all let you know whether you are talking sense
Phil

John Higgins

« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2010, 04:00:23 pm »
Hi
Mark from carpet cleaning websites
Re The spelling - Its the cleaners resposibility to supply the wording for sites in either word or body of emails
we cut and paste the text from the files supplied at £199.00 we cant spell check this is the cleaners resposibility
any way the sites are full cms so you can easily edit any text or photos yourself.

Re SEO
Yes this is included in the price and has our  carpet cleaning links network builds - this will see the carpet cleaning sites we build
maintain an even stronger position within google

Dont know of any website for carpet cleaners we have built that is not on front page of google

The hosting fee for site in second and preceeding years is £3.99 per month thats all you pay

« Reply #14 on: January 07, 2010, 04:46:51 pm »
What kind of response/ enquiries, that lead to jobs, do you get from a good  high ranking website.And is it a good form of advertising
Stevie.

Joe H

« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2010, 04:55:51 pm »
Steve
Its a low cost form of advertising, and as long as you are high on the first page of google (and the likes) you should get responses.
You will see that some cleaners have a few websites, they do work but you may also receive more price shoppers.

« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2010, 05:07:54 pm »
Thanks Joe.
Whats the best form of advertising.
Stevie.

JandS

« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2010, 05:09:18 pm »
That's fine if your the only one he does in each area.
How do you go on for ranking if he does 2 or 3 from same area.
Within a 5 mile radius of me there are about 10.

John

clinton

« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2010, 05:14:04 pm »
Thats not a bad price must say and have also had a new site done for manchester and dont think its even on the 3rd page ::)

So for 199 and on first page of google its good value if it gets high on google :)

clinton

« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2010, 05:15:36 pm »
Joe are you getting a new site done ???

Looks good value this site from dp as its also seo,d :)

richyp

« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2010, 06:36:15 pm »
i have spoken to mark  at length and he knows his stuff. if you are a carpet cleaner he can pretty much get you up in the first few in google and thats got to bring in money. iam busy working on mine now as i am new to the game!

richy

Joe H

« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2010, 06:46:49 pm »
Stevie
Best form of advertising? You doing a good job.  Other then that - its a bit of this and a bit of that. Unfortunately life is not that easy that you can just pick one.

J&S
So there 10 others around you - there is one carpet cleaner who seems like he has 10 websites  all for the Warrington area. You just got to compete for the space.  You can have the nicest web site, but if it is not on page 1 of google (and near the top, then you struggle-but thats the same with directories or adverts - position is everything).

Clinton
Goron doing my next one - just getting the text ready now.

Daria Taylor

« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2010, 01:47:50 pm »
first page on google depends on the links etc, our main site comes up on first page of google for 90% of the searches. Our carpet cleaning, well lets put it that way i have not put enough effort into it yet, for it to be on firts page of google. I do my websites my self, and like john just pay monthly, but saying that many people are not able to design leaflets and websites them self as they may not have time knowledge and etc etc so 199 is not a bad price, but my only concern is that you get almost identical site to everyone else.

P.S John you dont seem to want other people to see your site, as you have been asked to show your site many times, but you never posted a link.

regards
dash t

JandS

« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2010, 02:32:40 pm »
Sometimes I can't weigh this Google thing up and think it's a bit hit and miss
Example - I type in carpet cleaner wherever why then does it throw up a
window cleaning company or a dry cleaners at number 1?
I asked for a carpet cleaner why give me a window cleaner?

John

Daria Taylor

« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2010, 03:45:02 pm »
Sometimes I can't weigh this Google thing up and think it's a bit hit and miss
Example - I type in carpet cleaner wherever why then does it throw up a
window cleaning company or a dry cleaners at number 1?
I asked for a carpet cleaner why give me a window cleaner?

John
this is because it picks up cleaner, its to do with alot of factors which google are trying to address, however saying this goodle is only comapny thats managed to get the most accurate results so far our of all search engines and thats why people use them, i think in most cases they claim that they results are 70% matching what the person is asked for, then once again it depence on the area and information they have on the server which is relevant to the area.

plus they always change ways of how they rand websites etc. so you not going to show us your website? ;)

dash t

Pristine Clean

« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2010, 05:09:20 pm »
This is a Vista Print site in West Yorkshire.

http://www.jandsccs.co.uk

This could be Johns site.

But its not comming up if your search for:

Carpet cleaning West Yorkshire.

But does come up if you type in: J AND S Carpet cleaning. But Who would search for an exact name.

I am all for building your own website. But you do have to know a little more that just use a template and a few key words and a control panel.

I prefer full FTP access.

We build our own. Get lots of work from it. But the actual design I have could do with being better. But I dont have the time at present.

John,

If this is your site I can help you free of charge matey. To get it appear on Google. I know whats wrong.

Dave
"You have to except that some days you are the statue and other days you are a pigeon"

JandS

« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2010, 06:01:11 pm »
PC

That's the one.
Any help, especially free, would be nice.
You want my e mail or you just going to fill in contact form on website to get in touch?
Much appreciated by the way.
By the way when you type in carpet cleaning and certain areas in West Yorks I come up top 5
and number 1 in 3 areas.
When you type in "carpet cleaning west yorks" I pop up first underneath the map.
Would many people type in carpet cleaning west yorks as opposed to stipulating a certain area.

John

Pristine Clean

« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2010, 06:08:27 pm »
Hi John,

Ill use the contact form, send me your email address and I can send an outline of whats wrong.

Dave
"You have to except that some days you are the statue and other days you are a pigeon"

Pristine Clean

« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2010, 06:10:56 pm »
Email sent via contact form

Dave

Daria Taylor

« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2010, 06:20:34 pm »
john you once asked me how we can prices jobs up in otley etc, well you cover very large are yourself  ???

dash t

JandS

« Reply #30 on: January 08, 2010, 06:36:44 pm »
dash

If you look at the areas I cover they're all no more than a 30 minute drive.
Also I quote mostly over the phone.
Do you quote over phone for general cleaning or is that not feasible.

John

Pristine Clean

« Reply #31 on: January 08, 2010, 06:38:51 pm »
John,

Ive sent you and email with details matey.

Dave

« Reply #32 on: January 08, 2010, 07:20:21 pm »
That's the one.
Any help, especially free, would be nice.

There's something wrong because I use this free tool from time to time which helps with checking websites and it can't find yours http://www.submitexpress.com/analyzer/
I did notice you've also got something like 48 keywords which is at least 24 too many and google will give you negative 'points' for that.

JandS

« Reply #33 on: January 08, 2010, 07:59:14 pm »
Wasn't aware there was a limit on keywords.
Google makes me laugh sometimes anyway.
Sometimes type in carpet cleaner say Leeds
and at number 1 is??      A window cleaner.
Why does a window cleaner come up at all when
you've specifically typed in carpet cleaner.
Bit of a joke sometimes.

John

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #34 on: January 08, 2010, 08:04:09 pm »
I typed in carpet cleaning Dronfield which is a town between Sheffield and Chesterfield and my mate Colin Bright from Blackpool came up No1.

I think Google has put us all in a bag and shakes us up and throws a random out, image if all your business was internet based in one area or key word.

Shaun

Joe H

« Reply #35 on: January 08, 2010, 08:46:09 pm »
I think Google is picking up on the links Shaun.

« Reply #36 on: January 08, 2010, 09:08:27 pm »
I typed in carpet cleaning Dronfield which is a town between Sheffield and Chesterfield and my mate Colin Bright from Blackpool came up No1.

I just tried that and I can't see it.
Top is honestcarpetcare and then yourself, so i believe it can also be different results depending on what operating system you have. I get different results for carpet cleaning basingstoke with this laptop compared to our main pc in a different room.

jasonl

« Reply #37 on: January 08, 2010, 09:17:36 pm »

I just tried that and I can't see it.
Top is honestcarpetcare and then yourself, so i believe it can also be different results depending on what operating system you have. I get different results for carpet cleaning basingstoke with this laptop compared to our main pc in a different room.

Honest carpet care is shaun too !
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

Daria Taylor

« Reply #38 on: January 08, 2010, 09:26:45 pm »
dash

If you look at the areas I cover they're all no more than a 30 minute drive.
Also I quote mostly over the phone.
Do you quote over phone for general cleaning or is that not feasible.

John
for general cleaning yes mostly over the phone, depends who the client is. Although we do go to see the property once all the paper work is done.

dash t