LTT Leathercare

Re: LTT, who is in?
« Reply #20 on: November 19, 2009, 07:07:20 am »
??? Our website referral scheme has only been running for the last 6 months (in a different format) and has produced a huge volume of work for those involved including turning round one business due to the massive amount of work we have sent him.  Ian, I am not aware that you have actively worked with us at any time on a referral system so I don't think you can compare the two........ as you say things are constantly changing.

You are right there are massive improvements in products and processes that cut down time, and methods are changing.  That is why we run our free workshops every month to keep people updated and these as you can imagine are hugely popular.  These are free and there is no franchise fee to pay to find out what is going on.
Most of the 'new' products have actually been around for years - tinted finishes etc for two tones, it is simply that they are coming into their own because of the changes in the finishes on the leather market. Restoration processes and products are now hugely improved and as the need for things like filling etc has now been eliminated the time element is much better for everyone. Lazy Leather has cut our cleaning process time down by up to half so yes things move on all the time.  We are constantly testing products and processes to find the best methods to help save time and money for all our technicians.

This new postcode referral system allows technicians to be leather cleaners if that is all they want to do and at a fraction of the cost as not everyone wants to get into full restoration work which is the only option with a franchise.

It is good to hear you are doing so well as we have heard many differing reports of the FC franchise - maybe our new products and methods will be of interest to all the franchisees as we are now training for many of the other networks that exist.

Funny we've got a Lanchester in the workshop at the moment to do.
http://www.lttleathercare.co.uk
Leather Consultant to the Furniture and Cleaning Industry
Leather Cleaning, Care and Restoration products and services
AMU
IICRC (LCT)
NCCA
SLTC

Joe H

« Reply #21 on: November 19, 2009, 07:33:55 am »
Wouldnt it be good if we could behave as adults and not as children "my dads better then your dad".

This thread was started with a specific question - I know threads drift a bit (well, a lot sometimes) but why not let them run its course as originally stated.

Ian, perhaps you would like to know how other FC franchises are going on, perhaps "we" would too. Why not start a thread asking the question?

Ian Rochester

« Reply #22 on: November 19, 2009, 09:21:08 am »
Joe,

Apologies if that's what you felt, I was merely putting in that for me the FC franchaise has worked very, very well.  We had recouped the cost of the initial outlay within two months of trading and are now making a healthy monthly profit from the franchaise with only a fixed monthly franchaise cost regardless of turnover.

There was a two day meeting two weeks ago of all the franchaisees at Gateshead, talking to individuals all appear to be doing well, several are employing staff already, us included.

As with everything in business, it is up to the individual to drive their business and secure the work, all Ben and Judy can do is show the way and where possible give local leads and price guides.

On average we probably secure 7 out of every 10 jobs we visit.  I don't price any jobs over the phone.  We get probably 2-3 jobs a week from head office, however I know some of the franchaises down south are getting 20+ enquiries a week from them and do little or no advertising of their own.

We run the FC business as a standalone business, separate from our other cleaning activities, again I think this works better in the eyes of the customer.

Joe H

« Reply #23 on: November 19, 2009, 05:29:19 pm »
Ian
You obviously doing well with it and I am pleased for you.
You have energy, drive and ambition - well done.

jasonl

« Reply #24 on: November 19, 2009, 05:31:02 pm »
What was the investment in ££ Ian? and the ongoing fees?
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

Peter Sweeney

« Reply #25 on: November 19, 2009, 05:51:06 pm »
I think its alway good to get a balanced view of things. There are far too many one sided themes on forums for which we are all guilty at times.

The FC franchise near me are doing very well and they are fresh to the industry but I can't speak for the others of course only that Ben and Keith are gents and don't get involved in tittle tattle on forums, they just get on with moving forward. Congrats on the success Ian

Pete

« Reply #26 on: November 19, 2009, 06:09:52 pm »
Ian,

I was once willing to invest in a Furniture Clinic franchise. I was put off due to the fact they advertise repair & re-dying products direct to the general public, they also hire out compressors.

I feel this de-valued the service to many of the customers they kindly put through to me and felt the customers were in a mind of DIY if my price came in to high. Many decided to have a go themselves.
All the potential clients I generate through my own efforts are unaware they can DIY so I can command a much higher price for the service. I'm happy with that.

Regards
Peter  

JandS

« Reply #27 on: November 19, 2009, 08:35:23 pm »
Must be quite a cheap franchise to pay for itself in 2 months.
Normally start at around £10,000

John
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

Ian Rochester

« Reply #28 on: November 19, 2009, 08:37:38 pm »
Peter,

To be honest I'm with you on that one, however Ben is a very good businessman and his core business is selling products to the general public and professional restorers who use his products on clients leather, that will never stop as that is where he makes his real money.  LTT are exactly the same and Joe Public can buy any products from either company and will be given the same advice on applications.

Franchaising is a way of giving national recognition to a particular brand, in this case the Furniture Clinic brand.  People can hopefully then expect to get the same level and quality of service from any FC franchaisee, similar to McDonalds, Chem-dry, Rainbow, Molly Maid, etc, etc.  This is the main reason we decided to delve into the franchaising route, I've looked at many franchaises in the past but have always been put off for one reason or another, main one being that you had to pay a percentage of turnover to the franchaise.  FC is different in that it's a fixed monthly fee regardless of turnover levels

As for the costs of the franchaise, it's £7000 for the initial area, including 2 weeks intensive training, products, equipment, etc.  Then a fixed fee of £200/month, this is about the same as we were spending on trying to advertise our own leather repair services previously....... with very little success. 

There are grants out there for different things in different areas, best to speak to your local Business Link for local information, we've done very well out of grants.

LTT Leathercare

« Reply #29 on: November 19, 2009, 09:03:35 pm »
I do not want to get involved in arguments on a thread that has once again diverted from the original post but when wrong statements are being made by someone who has no idea about our business I feel that I have to comment.

LTT do not sell DIY products to consumers or to technicians.  We would never advocate a consumer doing what we train professionals to do - there is a big difference in how we operate and in our products.  We also would not supply DIY products to technicians to use on customers suites as they simply do not stand up over time as we have seen over and over again.

http://www.lttleathercare.co.uk
Leather Consultant to the Furniture and Cleaning Industry
Leather Cleaning, Care and Restoration products and services
AMU
IICRC (LCT)
NCCA
SLTC

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #30 on: November 19, 2009, 09:14:52 pm »
Ian on average how many enquiries do FC give you in a month?

Shaun

derek west

« Reply #31 on: November 19, 2009, 10:07:15 pm »
Joe,

Apologies if that's what you felt, I was merely putting in that for me the FC franchaise has worked very, very well.  We had recouped the cost of the initial outlay within two months of trading and are now making a healthy monthly profit from the franchaise with only a fixed monthly franchaise cost regardless of turnover.

There was a two day meeting two weeks ago of all the franchaisees at Gateshead, talking to individuals all appear to be doing well, several are employing staff already, us included.

As with everything in business, it is up to the individual to drive their business and secure the work, all Ben and Judy can do is show the way and where possible give local leads and price guides.

On average we probably secure 7 out of every 10 jobs we visit.  I don't price any jobs over the phone.  We get probably 2-3 jobs a week from head office, however I know some of the franchaises down south are getting 20+ enquiries a week from them and do little or no advertising of their own.

We run the FC business as a standalone business, separate from our other cleaning activities, again I think this works better in the eyes of the customer.
Ian on average how many enquiries do FC give you in a month?

Shaun

hmmmmmm, 2 to 3 times 4= 8 to 12 ;D

always on the ball, and if not the ball, the p1ss ;D
derek

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #32 on: November 19, 2009, 10:18:46 pm »
You read it well Derek I just skipped through it which was silly of me, well done.

Perhaps the next question for Ian would be "what's the average job ticket" now I know it's getting personal but I like the idea.

Shaun

expro

« Reply #33 on: November 20, 2009, 12:18:00 am »
All that glitters is not gold.It seems to me that this
site is turning into one big market place for LTT.
I thought manufacturers were not welcome as
contributers to this forum. Obviously I am wrong.
Expro

Joe H

« Reply #34 on: November 20, 2009, 07:12:30 am »
expro
It was a fellow member of the forum that asked the question    Re: LTT, who is in?
It was then other members who contributed and led it away from the original question.
I am sure if Ian, or any one else wanted to start a thread about FC franchise it would run.
Cant see your point really.
What I dislike is the slagging between 2 camps, particularly when somone is so anti something when its obvious they have never tried it. It happens with machines, fluids, porty v tm.
Good structured discussions are always beneficial though.

Tony Gill Carpet Smart

« Reply #35 on: November 21, 2009, 02:30:55 pm »
Im in BIG THANKS LTT

Cheers Tony
STAY YOUNG HAVE FUN BE HAPPY xx
www.carpetcleanersbridlington.co.uk

« Reply #36 on: November 21, 2009, 02:56:34 pm »
Not sure if it's still the case, but LTT where one of the only companies to do a deal with MB to advertise on here, I beleieve.

This is probably why it got shirty on here when other companies where advertising and not paying for the privilege. Anyway since the changes on here it looks like you can promote whatever you want without a problem.

derek west

« Reply #37 on: November 21, 2009, 04:11:29 pm »
well bring back kev loomes then.

a good and positive poster in my eyes.

missed but not forgotten. ;)

derek

richy27

« Reply #38 on: November 21, 2009, 04:32:49 pm »
i am in. payed for its self already