Jason Hedges

Re: Benevolent Fund For Carpet Cleaners
« Reply #20 on: October 09, 2009, 11:25:14 pm »
 Hows about a fund where people pay in an £x ammount of a month.

Could be there to help people or families in need?

All the best,
Jason.

derek west

« Reply #21 on: October 10, 2009, 12:01:34 am »
50p a month maybe but £4 a month?
thats a maccies or 20 fAgs or a good greasy full english. ;D

like i said, i'm with mike H, gonna get me one of those insurance thingy's. just make sure i study the small print. ;)

derek

robert meldrum

« Reply #22 on: October 10, 2009, 07:57:14 am »
Doug
You're fortunate to have never heard of Sheridan........a dinosaur in politics still waving the little Red book. He was in one of these " reality " programs I think Big Brother ( ironically )

God I must be slowing down in terms of rolled up trouser legs ...........my father, grandfather, greatgrandfather were all members, but I thought I could do without them, which I did to a fair extent, but working alongside one at one time was absolutely amazing.

Robert Watson

« Reply #23 on: October 10, 2009, 09:04:27 am »
Robert,
How many politicians do you know that went to jail for their beliefs,
only took half his salary, got warrant sales abolished, told the people how thing really work.
Thats why the guy is being hounded. Did more for ordinary people than your torys ever did or ever will.
Anyway this is the wrong forum to be discussing Scottish politics.
Rab
The Kitchen Door Centre

Mike Halliday

« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2009, 12:27:04 pm »
 picked up a leaflet while shopping last night.

tescos insurance; non smoking male ages 38 ......£100,000..... £ 10.77P A MONTH.

If I was senting up an association I would consider adding a life insurance benefit into the membership fee, it would be a good selling point and show you actually care about your members.. and it would cost very little probably  £30 for a year even if it was just 30grands wrth of cover.

or!!!

imagine if a chemical seller told you that if you spent £150 a month on chemicals with his company he would give you £50,000 of free life insurance.

I used to pay £80 for AA cover, part of that was £20k if I died in a vehicle accident
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Doctor Carpet (Ret'd)

« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2009, 04:14:34 pm »
Nice idea but I think sentiment is getting in the way or logical thinking here. I'm all for helping out in an informal way as the case may arise, but really, ignorance/laziness/pretending you can't afford it is no defence in not having proper life insurance/assurance-it's advertised enough!!

For setting up something like this there are all sorts of legal issues to overcome and that's before you even get onto who would run it. I'm also thinking about what happened to the money paid into the Fairpak Christmas Trading Scheme which went bust a couple of years ago and that's without even considering the possibility that somebody could do a runner with the premiums.

For the small amount of monthly premium suggested it would simply be easier to put that into your own life policy. You would also get the money invested properly. (Can you imagine if some members of this Benevolent Fund disagreed with the return on the investment or how it was being invested. Or what about if two c/c's died within a very short time of each other and there were not enough funds in the pot to pay out both?)

(Robert I do accept you have an insurmountable problem but would the c/c fund not have to come up with similar "rules".)

A further problem, what if a c/cer dies and does already have lots of cover; would they still be eligible to call upon the fund?

Several of you mention tying a premium into something you already get like chemicals etc. Well here's another thought....

Why doesn't the NCCA do something like this :o, but maybe that is opening another can of worms entirely. ::)

I'm sorry to be so negative, but it really is a non-starter.

PS If you can't afford your own premiums then you are doing something wrong. Perhaps you should increase your cleaning prices-afterall that is one of the reasons we say that we charge a proper price for cleaning, in other words it's to cover all the costs of living and not just creating beer money.

Roger
Diplomacy: the art of letting other people have your way

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2009, 04:21:45 pm »
I like others used to Sell Life  Assurance but convincing people of the need was difficult.

While  my kids were growing up I could not sleep at night  if I was not covered

I maintained the cover and payments even when I fell on extreemly hard times.

The other day I went into Lloyds bank to take out a new fixed term policy anf the Finnancial  Consultant regarded my request with susspision  saying it was not usual to take out such a policy at my age what did I want for.

These policies are not designed to give my wife a nest egg in the event of my death.

So I went elsewhere.

My advise  make sure you have life cover to cover your debts and ideally 3 years  living costs for you partner and young children

Although  I can see Steves idea  put your money in life cover and if you can afford sickness cover but watch small print

paul moss

« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2009, 05:11:53 pm »
Ive had  the Alltec emails like the rest of you.

Does any one have a name and address for sending money to other than Alltec.

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2009, 05:25:41 pm »
I don't think providing a benevolent fund is really necessary, as has already been stated it is down to us to make sure we have the proper insurances in place.

What I do think we should do, and what I admire so much about the inhabitants of these forums is that when a tragedy like this occurs, we immediately set aside whatever squabbles we have between us and focus on helping those in distress and that is what we should do now. The trouble is no one seems to know where to send the money to??

Simon

kinder clean

« Reply #29 on: October 10, 2009, 05:26:18 pm »
Doug

I can't believe you've never heard of Tommy Sheridan, one of the best players Manchester United ever had.  ;)

Paul

Joe H

« Reply #30 on: October 10, 2009, 05:41:07 pm »
I have just emailed Robert Saunders at Alltec asking if there is anything in existance for contributions to be sent to.
Will be at least Monday before a reply.
Will post back as soon as I do.

derek west

« Reply #31 on: October 13, 2009, 12:31:37 pm »
£100,000, smoker aged 44, £30 a month, is that any good, oh! £15 a month for non smoker.
derek

clinton

« Reply #32 on: October 13, 2009, 04:24:35 pm »
That about 4 packs of fAgs i guess a month ;D

Give em up ;D ;D

derek west

« Reply #33 on: October 13, 2009, 04:33:29 pm »
15 a  day.  shhhhhhhmmmokin ;D

i only declared 5 units a week though ;D dya think they might notice when it takes 12 years for my body to decompose ;D

ive just decided on £50k cover over 20 years for £17.31 a month.

got no debts so she should manage on that.

derek

« Reply #34 on: October 13, 2009, 04:35:09 pm »
I packed in smoking 3 years ago and have just packed drinking in (I'm allowed 1 Can of lager on Saturday ::)!)

I feel I should be taking another vice up though..... Like shoplifting or something ;D

clinton

« Reply #35 on: October 13, 2009, 04:37:42 pm »
Do you the world of good colin an th drinking even more ;D

Unless you like geting out of your head at the weekends ;D

Derek

Thats not a bad sum mate when you go..

derek west

« Reply #36 on: October 13, 2009, 04:39:08 pm »
could be worse, could take up splash n dashing ;D
if i had to choose, i'd rather be a shoplifter than a splash and dasher, the initials speak for themselves really, S.A.D ;D
derek

derek west

« Reply #37 on: October 13, 2009, 04:40:47 pm »
clinton
shame i won't be around to spend it. just glad i won't be around when she's spending it, imagine going shopping with a women thats got 50k in her purse, aaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrggggggggggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh ;D
derek

clinton

« Reply #38 on: October 13, 2009, 04:45:58 pm »
Wont fit in here purse mind you ;D

Think it will be worth more as well then in 2029 ;D