Jim_77

Citroen Relay
« on: August 21, 2009, 03:30:50 pm »
Anyone got a new style relay, 57 reg or later?

Just wondered about any reliability or build quality issues.

Likewise with the Fiat Ducato, seems as they're basically the same thing.

Ta :)

COLIN BRIGHT

Re: Citroen Relay
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2009, 03:43:22 pm »
GOT AN O7 PLATE
NEVER HAD ANY PROBLEM SO FAR

Jim_77

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2009, 03:49:28 pm »
is that the latest style colin?  not sure if they changed it at the 07 or 57 reg

Joe H

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2009, 05:42:51 pm »
Hi Jim
Shaun has the Ducato.
Peugeot Boxer is the same vehicle too.
Think the Fiat may have a different engine to the Cit/Pug (who are in the same group).
My old 52 plated Relay is still going well (apart from battery failure that is) with 110k miles on the clock.

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2009, 06:54:31 pm »
I have an 08 Ducato and I think it's the best value for money van I have ever had smoother than my Transit with more power but a little bit wide so a bit tough on some drives, more power and far smoother than my transit. Compared to my VW transporter 2.2TD it's not quite as smooth but a lot more power and the clutch on the VW always burnt when I reversed up drives and I had 3 in 3 years but have never had a clutch on my Transit or Fiat may be because it's a heavier van.

Shaun

clinton

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2009, 07:04:53 pm »
Hi jim

I myself have just purchased a brand new citroen dispatch vehicle and take delivery on the 1st sept :) and they do share the same engine as pergeot as joe said.

I would have gone for the relay but for the main reason is that it would not fit in my garage so i went for the dispatch as i wanted it garaged overnight.

The vehicles are all well built with good reports on them and have a great spec and ride comfort.

There are some great deals to be had around at the moment  :)

cheers

clinton

Susan Dean (1stclean)

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2009, 01:13:49 pm »
ive just got an 57 with 20k on the clock its as mint as they come lwb. hight top 6k + vat  seems to be ok

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2009, 07:15:00 pm »
Is that through the trade Susan/Julian ?

Shaun

Joe H

« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2009, 08:00:37 pm »
Thats a very good price for a 57 with 20k miles. Very good indeed - makes it no point buying brand new with those savings.

Dave_Lee

« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2009, 08:35:02 pm »
Jim,
Ive got a new style 57 plate from new. Excellent van.
Dave.
Dave Lee, Owner of Deepclean Services
Chorley Lancs. Est 1980.
"Pay Cheap -You get Cheap - Pay a little more and get something Better."

Tony Gill Carpet Smart

« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2009, 10:45:07 pm »
Jim 2.8 jtd in the ducato real good unit will fly even with a BLUELINE IN THE BACK ;) ;) ;) ;)
STAY YOUNG HAVE FUN BE HAPPY xx
www.carpetcleanersbridlington.co.uk

Jim_77

« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2009, 12:02:29 am »
Thanks guys, nice to hear some real world reviews.  Someone's trying to sell me a new van to go with my new machine ::) ::)

To be honest, Joe's comment is the only real sticking point.  I don't know if I can justify the sharp depreciation of a brand new van when you can pick up an 18 month old one at half the price.

The old tug o' war between head and heart :-\

You really would make a mess in your pants every time you opened your doors and saw this though wouldn't you :'(

Joe H

« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2009, 07:43:33 am »
My comment, Jim, was in response to Susans comment.
Susan and her hubby have contacts in the business - maybe thats how she got such a good deal.
I looked on Ebay last night - lots of dealers flogging 56/57 but not as good as Susans deal.

but, hey, what wrong with a 57 plate with 20k miles on??
Does it matter it is not brand new?

And when it gets to 7 years old with 110k on the clock (mine) are you too bothered what it brings 2nd hand - its earnt its keep.

and when you can get a big chunk off list price then you can accept a big chunk of the 2nd hand price when you come to sell.

Do you not think Shaun thought this thro before he bought his Fiat?

clinton

« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2009, 08:27:20 am »
Jim

Is this you new set up you want ???

Go or the new one mate you know you want too  ;D

Caint wait to pick mine up next week ;D

Tony Gill Carpet Smart

« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2009, 02:49:27 pm »
Clinton BLUELINE  ;) ;)
STAY YOUNG HAVE FUN BE HAPPY xx
www.carpetcleanersbridlington.co.uk

clinton

« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2009, 03:38:42 pm »
Tony

Ah ;D

Jim_77

« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2009, 03:57:56 pm »
Understood, Joe.... it's a bit of a swings and roundabouts thing :)

Clinton - not necessarily the exact thing I want but will look pretty similar if I go ahead with it.  Damn right I want to, but gotta be sensible about investing how much in what!

What setup are you getting mate?

Dave_Lee

« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2009, 04:21:55 pm »
Jim,
That could be my van, obviously it isnt but exactly the same. Blueline Thermal Wave 2 Vortec, fully lined, insulated and water proofed. Before I decided to get the full package from Alltec, I went back to the local Citroen dealership to get a price for the same van. Alltec supplied it £2,500 cheaper than they could do it for, even though I purchased my last Citroen Dispatch off the same dealership.
Dave.
Dave Lee, Owner of Deepclean Services
Chorley Lancs. Est 1980.
"Pay Cheap -You get Cheap - Pay a little more and get something Better."

mark shannon

« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2009, 05:17:16 pm »
I have an 08 Ducato and I think it's the best value for money van I have ever had smoother than my Transit with more power but a little bit wide so a bit tough on some drives, more power and far smoother than my transit. Compared to my VW transporter 2.2TD it's not quite as smooth but a lot more power and the clutch on the VW always burnt when I reversed up drives and I had 3 in 3 years but have never had a clutch on my Transit or Fiat may be because it's a heavier van.

Shaun

Agree love mine more roomy than many SWB, I get 480 miles for £70 diesal, nice drive and cab.

Fiat Ducato swb has Transit engine don't know about Relay.

Not bad stereo for a van :)

mark

clinton

« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2009, 05:47:40 pm »
Jim

Sounds like you have made your mind up already and just need that push to spend ;D

I just wanted to go new with my van as its the main work tool so went for new and will last me for many years hopefully :)

I Am  goin to van mount the alltec 3vac in the new van and see how i get on with that.

Might upgrade next yr if i like the system too ;)

Already spent even more on the sign writing and new extras like vac,dryers,bufers,hoses,water tank etc so i  have spent a fair amount up to now...

Think if you have the  money then go for new :)

Got my ply line and bulkhead free in with the deal after i asked for it :)

cheers