John Kelly

Re: Alan sugar
« Reply #20 on: March 26, 2009, 07:51:53 am »
Right bunch of numpties. They picked the hardest thing to clean properly, cars. They would have been better off just picking up litter around a big companies premises or better still targetting window cleaning at businesses with signed windows. Who wouldn't have give 200 quid a throw to be for your business name to be shown on prime time TV.

Doug Holloway

« Reply #21 on: March 26, 2009, 08:19:36 am »
Hi Guys

Apart from the overexagerated cocky factor, it brought home to me how little real experience people younger people have these days.

Cheers

Old git Doug

Hilton

« Reply #22 on: March 26, 2009, 08:27:55 am »
If that girl had said   'At the end of the day' once more I would have my foot through the TV screen  >:(

Like most of these programs they have loads of qualifications with no common sense this is borne out by the fact that Sir Alan fired the most qualified one there.

I'll stick my neck out now and say the blonde one will win it.

Steve Barnett (Carpet Care Plus)

« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2009, 08:51:47 am »
How many of them were there ?   14 ?

And they managed a giant profit of around £ 400 - about £ 28 each !

Don't worry guys the future of this country is safe in the hands of over-qualified, big-headed, know-it-alls.

clinton

« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2009, 01:56:49 pm »
Doug ;D

Steve

your right what have we to fear :o just think am getting old too as i was picking faults in them ;D

richy27

« Reply #25 on: March 26, 2009, 03:16:52 pm »
amazin you can be extremely bright but nought common sense must admit if i went in and tried to bully my custys like that wouldn t be in bus long wondered if it s the camera they say yes too if i was the man behind the counter i would of said get lost. think they should of stuck to shining boots they cold manage that.

« Reply #26 on: March 26, 2009, 03:26:07 pm »
I worked with people like that in the Navy for nearly 14 years.... They're called officers, they could tell you the square root of an orange, but they wouldn't know how to peel one ;D

clinton

« Reply #27 on: March 26, 2009, 03:36:45 pm »
 ;D

dave123

« Reply #28 on: March 26, 2009, 04:04:11 pm »
Colin
Were you in the Royal Navy? Used to be in Merchant Navy .The Captain used to wear a pair of white gloves on inspection day and if they got dirty it was log that man a days pay .

« Reply #29 on: March 26, 2009, 04:29:10 pm »
Yeah Dave, Royal Navy.... A lad once smeared mars bar on the bulkhead (Wall to you land lubbers) in the heads (Toilets) just before Captains Rounds. He duly reported that the heads were ready for his inspection and immediately the Captain said "What is that on the bulkhead?"
Wiping his finger through it and inserting it into his mouth the rating replied "It's sh*t Sir!"

I believe he was severely reprimanded for insurbordination..... Got a few laughs out of though ;D ;D

Ricky M

« Reply #30 on: March 26, 2009, 06:46:25 pm »
Just watched it , what a shower of poope , dumb and dumber .
If I was Alan I would be so ashamed of the team that got them together in the 1st place
www.ability1975.co.uk
                          www.carpetcleaninguttoxeter.co.uk  
              NCCA !? but why have non of my clients herd of them ??

clinton

« Reply #31 on: March 26, 2009, 10:36:06 pm »
Just shows if they were doing c cleaning for a living wonder how long they would survive ;D

« Reply #32 on: March 26, 2009, 10:47:48 pm »
Another classic.
What's the most expensive item in the van.......We'll take.....The fact that no-one knew how to use it didn't count.
As mentioned the future of this country is in the hands of people like this, truely frightening.
Also as mentioned, being ex Royal Engineers I saw numerous occassions where intelligence was proven inferior to common sense. I wouldn't take that bridge any further towards the gap Ok have it your own way :D End result...semi complete bridge nose down in the river  ;D

Doug Holloway

« Reply #33 on: March 27, 2009, 08:14:35 am »
Hi Guys

My original point was that when I was young we had lots of jobs at what would now be considered far too young an age.

Milk round helper 11, paper round 12, cleaning carpets at M&S 13/14, now days you have to be 16 to sit on a till !!

This combined with longer education, far more carry on into further education , means these young people really had no idea once the bluster was stripped away.

Cheers

Doug

robert meldrum

« Reply #34 on: March 27, 2009, 08:43:26 am »
Easy to criticise but in the pressure pot these people are under, they will make what are glaringly obvious mistakes and stupid decisions. But.......TV sets people up to make make fools of themselves as the BIGGER CLOWNS who watch these shows find that entertaining. How sad !

Some of us are fortunate and have more analytical abilities than others or are further sighted or have the massive advantage of staying cool in a crisis, but we are the 20% the others represent the 80%, the sheep they need help and guidance. Without it they will flounder and you can be sure that the programme makers have screened out the 20%'ers otherwise the show would be too boring for the " Great British public

gwrightson

« Reply #35 on: March 27, 2009, 04:27:18 pm »
Now I get Robert   ;)

Alan sugar , rejects all the real candidates, that wont cock up, that wont make mistakes etc. etc. and instead employs somebody on a 5 figure sum that is , well really not that good, because all the best have already been rejected.
Yes makes sense :-\

geoff
who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha

richy27

« Reply #36 on: March 27, 2009, 05:04:47 pm »
lets back up my argument robert yes i agree the tv will show the bad bits in peoples personality for viewing but from what i could see there was very little practical common sense almost the attitude that this sort of work is beneath me.

lets just look at a few of the major players like sir alan and richard branson they all started with nothin richard branson started his empire by selling chickens from a rabbit hutch.

Perhaps the approach is wrong i am sure they would rather have somebody clean around them than do a decent job themselves.

Pureandclean

« Reply #37 on: March 28, 2009, 01:57:54 pm »
Reminds me of a window cleaning customer who after paying the bill, asked " you don't know anything about carpet cleaning machines do you, I have been using this rug doctor for a couple of hours and it doesn't seem to have made any difference?"

So I took a look, waste water bucket was full with clean looking water and a bit of fluff, I felt the carpet and it was bone dry. I was there scratching my head for a few minutes before looking in the clean water section, nothing in there.
 She had only put the water in the waste bucket and then spent hours pushing the rug doctor around the carpet with no water spraying out  ::) ;D ;D

I was giggling for the rest of the day  ;D

derek west

« Reply #38 on: March 28, 2009, 05:44:55 pm »
Reminds me of a window cleaning customer who after paying the bill, asked " you don't know anything about carpet cleaning machines do you, I have been using this rug doctor for a couple of hours and it doesn't seem to have made any difference?"

So I took a look, waste water bucket was full with clean looking water and a bit of fluff, I felt the carpet and it was bone dry. I was there scratching my head for a few minutes before looking in the clean water section, nothing in there.
 She had only put the water in the waste bucket and then spent hours pushing the rug doctor around the carpet with no water spraying out  ::) ;D ;D

I was giggling for the rest of the day  ;D

it really wouldn't make much difference where she put the water, in fact doing it her way would at least give rapid drying results. ;D
derek