JandS

Ninja
« on: March 19, 2009, 07:41:57 pm »
Think am going for the new ninja with steam.
Any negatives?? Even any positives??????

John
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

clinton

Re: Ninja
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2009, 07:56:49 pm »
Was going to get one of those even if i was going to upgrade to t mount found the guy there not helpfull at all and just a bad attitude with me so wont be gettin one mate.

Len Gribble

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2009, 08:05:14 pm »
Got the old one with steam never had a problem with it.

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

JS2

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2009, 08:38:16 pm »
Len / Others

Can you say a bit more about the steamer with this unit (I've seen the leaflet) and perhaps comment on what type of jobs its suitable for tackling ??  I'm also keen on the Ninja, amongst other options.

Cheers

Pete (JS2)

JandS

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2009, 08:58:44 pm »
Where at Alltech or Ashby??

John

markpowell

« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2009, 09:03:29 pm »
If i was to get another portie i would take a serious look at the powerflite PFX 1350,
Saw it at the cleaning show and it seems good value at £2650 with the wonderwand and tool.
Cant wait to see the new Alltech machine tho must admit.
What machine you using now John?
Mark

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #6 on: March 19, 2009, 09:18:09 pm »
Do you get steam all of the time? if you key your wand the back pressure will provide steam as the water is sat in the heat exchanger but as it flows through will it provide constant steam?

Shaun

clinton

« Reply #7 on: March 19, 2009, 09:22:24 pm »
Think its just a v2 steamate built in also you caint have the in heater on and also the v2 at the same time ???

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #8 on: March 19, 2009, 09:25:29 pm »
I don't think you'd need a heater with a V2 although they were very prone to breaking though.

Alltec is made for you Clinton.

Shaun

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #9 on: March 19, 2009, 09:45:09 pm »
The one that keeps catching my eye is the CFR perfect heat, 1 cable only, refilters its own water so very little bucket work, 500psi.

Attach a rotavac 360 and you've got yourself a TM clean.

Shaun

Tony Gill Carpet Smart

« Reply #10 on: March 19, 2009, 11:18:33 pm »
Clinton WHY would you want the heater element on and the v2 ?? The idea is that while you get the job ready vac pre spray etc the water in the machine is getting upto about 60-70% when you are ready you switch over to the v2 steam mate passing already heated water over the heat exchanger this system works very well indeed. I have found it to be a great asset and trouble.

CHEERS TONY
STAY YOUNG HAVE FUN BE HAPPY xx
www.carpetcleanersbridlington.co.uk

clinton

« Reply #11 on: March 19, 2009, 11:25:33 pm »
Tony

I wouldnt want both on jsu for newbies they might think you can have both running at the same time.

Did fancy it for another portie but didnt like they set up at the distrubuters ::)

Tony Gill Carpet Smart

« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2009, 11:29:30 pm »
Right I see what you where getting at. Yeh I know what you mean about Ashbys but they are better for knowing and have treated me OK  ::) ish

CHEERS TONY

Roy Edwards

« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2009, 11:29:57 pm »
Can,t really see what advantage new ninja with built in steam has.
I have old type with v2 portable and to me is much better system.

When I am using 75ft or 100ft hose you can put v2 at the end of 50ft ,25ft so is not loosing as much heat through the pipes and v2 is nearer to you to adjust the temperature saving my poor old legs.

Tony Gill Carpet Smart

« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2009, 11:40:29 pm »
Maybe Maybe not as the water reaching the heat exchanger would have cooled prorata THINK that's the right spelling I just like it as a tidy package witout someting else to plug in EACH to HIS OWN

CHEERS TONY

Roy Edwards

« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2009, 11:51:34 pm »
Maybe Maybe not as the water reaching the heat exchanger would have cooled prorata THINK that's the right spelling I just like it as a tidy package witout someting else to plug in EACH to HIS OWN

CHEERS TONY
Having something else to plug into a different room or different floor if need be  is  a big advantage, with these new houses that trip so easily even if light bulb goes.

Tony Gill Carpet Smart

« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2009, 11:53:23 pm »
Never Ever had a problem get it PAT tested you might have an earth leak

Roy Edwards

« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2009, 11:57:10 pm »
I mean't running 2 heaters off 1 socket,never meantion my machine tripping out.
Do they run both at same time Tony.

Tony Gill Carpet Smart

« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2009, 12:01:28 am »
Sorry thought you mean't yours No you can't run both together it is switched that way.

REGARDS TONY

Roy Edwards

« Reply #19 on: March 20, 2009, 12:06:55 am »
Sorry thought you mean't yours No you can't run both together it is switched that way.

REGARDS TONY
Do you get  steam on longer hoses,I am sure new  built in V2 must be an improvment .
Problem I find  is portable V2 doesn't work that well when connected directly to Ninja when you go beyond 50ft.
There is no question it is hotter when i connect V2  higher up the pipes.

Len Gribble

« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2009, 07:25:37 am »
Pete

Mines got heater and steam unit built in, and yes I’ve tripped some house out, :o it dose all types of jobs including steam cleaning of engines.

Len
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

clinton

« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2009, 07:41:33 am »
Cheers tony

Thats what i liked about the ninja a nice and neat package,just need the extra vac booster on the ninja if i was going to get it :)

So i guess 2 plugs and an extra for the vac booster ???

You will need the sleeved hoses if you buying the steamate ???

Doctor Carpet (Ret'd)

« Reply #22 on: March 20, 2009, 08:39:44 am »
I've got the Ninja with 400 psi extra booster vac and built in Steammate. Very pleased with the set up. I think it looks good as well.
It's heavy but you get used to it (helps with your keep-fit regime) and it's not that often that you have to take it up stairs-only really flats where there is no lift.

My engineer calls about once every 2 to 3 months and deals with any minor problems before they become big issues-for example changing the vacuums before they get to the stage of dieing on a job. This is much cheaper than sending it back to you-know-who. (Good kit but not impressed with certain aspects of customer service.)

I got their chewing gum removal wand at last years Carpex. It's like a little square box you put over the gum and then just blast it with steam. Because it's enclosed you don't need much and then there is an abrasive edge to agitate the gum off with. It's nice because you can stand up to do the gum removal.

You do get used to looking for fuse boxes but I can't say I trip them any more than I did with my old Comanche from Prochem. It's just a case of being organised with your 3 power leads. Mind you, it does get a bit crazy if you're in a domestic situation and you also need 2 more plugs to run the snail blowers to dry off the upholstery.
Diplomacy: the art of letting other people have your way

trevor perry

« Reply #23 on: March 20, 2009, 04:50:05 pm »
I've got the Ninja with 400 psi extra booster vac and built in Steammate. Very pleased with the set up. I think it looks good as well.
It's heavy but you get used to it (helps with your keep-fit regime) and it's not that often that you have to take it up stairs-only really flats where there is no lift.

My engineer calls about once every 2 to 3 months and deals with any minor problems before they become big issues-for example changing the vacuums before they get to the stage of dieing on a job. This is much cheaper than sending it back to you-know-who. (Good kit but not impressed with certain aspects of customer service.)

I got their chewing gum removal wand at last years Carpex. It's like a little square box you put over the gum and then just blast it with steam. Because it's enclosed you don't need much and then there is an abrasive edge to agitate the gum off with. It's nice because you can stand up to do the gum removal.

You do get used to looking for fuse boxes but I can't say I trip them any more than I did with my old Comanche from Prochem. It's just a case of being organised with your 3 power leads. Mind you, it does get a bit crazy if you're in a domestic situation and you also need 2 more plugs to run the snail blowers to dry off the upholstery.
do you mind me asking who you get to service the machine, i have the same model as you but dont know any engineers who service them, if you send it to ashbys it costs an absolute fortune and the machine is away for a few days with postage etc.
better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove any doubt

JandS

« Reply #24 on: March 20, 2009, 07:37:07 pm »
Hope your not saying the vacuums need changing every 3 months Doc??
How many leads w/o the vac booster    2??
Now looking to the powerflite p f 1350     pricewise it's £500 cheaper and an extra 100psi on the ninja
Understand the pf has only 1 lead    is this true.

Joe H

« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2009, 07:42:52 pm »
I will be suprised if the 1350 has less then 2 cables

JandS

« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2009, 08:05:01 pm »
Torn between
New Ninja
Powerflite P F 1350
Altec Advance.

John

Darren O

« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2009, 09:03:39 pm »
The powerflight has 2 cables.

trevor perry

« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2009, 09:09:02 pm »
Trevor

Is it preston area you live mate ???

Am going to use the guy who does rogers servicing he lives in stockport i think ???
yes thats right preston if you could give me the name and number of engineer in stockport i would be gratefull its definately better than kent,
 cheers trevor
better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove any doubt

richy27

« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2009, 10:16:15 pm »
if i was looking for another portie i would hold fire for couple of months there is a few good new machines comin out soon. to match the new 3 vac set ups

« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2009, 11:03:19 pm »
Clinton

Swallow like bird  House ______

Rare weasel like mammal Pine ______

Hollywood Crooning alchie hung around with one eyed all round entertainer Dean ______

The Ninja is a cracking machine. I'd speak to Derek there you might get on better with him. M is OK really I think he just needs to adapt his style a bit.   

« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2009, 11:12:40 pm »
Once you get the tyre kicker label it's very difficult to shrug off. ;D

So what did he say?

Doctor Carpet (Ret'd)

« Reply #32 on: March 20, 2009, 11:21:57 pm »
Evening guys

My engineer is out towards Buxton. I can put you in touch. You may need to take it to him or he may charge you to come out to Preston.

He's ultra trustworthy and has taken his time getting to know the Ninja by sometimes talking to the Ashby's engineers. However we all know that to transport a machine "down south" is a minimum of c£90 before we even start on any servicing and that's before we factor in 3 days of downtime.

THe benefits of having it done "before your very eyes" and pretty much on the same day is worthy of a few quid.

No the vacs don't need changing every 3 months. I find they are now lasting over 12 months between changes (don't buy cheap) (and I'm using my machine for probably about 5 hours per day 5 days per week.) But there are other things like cleaning the brushes, repairing minor leaks, loose connections, replacing worn out k valves on the wand. Yes I know there are some of these things I could do myself but since I get him to come and do these things (which he would do more quickly than me anyway) I can use him to give the machine a quick "once-over" whilst he is here, thereby saving any major break-downs whilst on a job.

Oh did I mention, he comes to me? Now that has got to be worth something, especially as he usually comes on the day that i phone him having identified a problem. Now THAT is customer service!

Give me your details and Ill pass them on and see what he says.

Roger
Diplomacy: the art of letting other people have your way

« Reply #33 on: March 20, 2009, 11:50:43 pm »
Clinton

Their loss, if they can't even be courteous that's a real shame.  :-[

Jim_77

« Reply #34 on: March 21, 2009, 01:33:38 am »
No the vacs don't need changing every 3 months. I find they are now lasting over 12 months between changes (don't buy cheap)

:o :o :o

The vac motors in my current everyday machine are date stamped 2003 :D

Mind you, I did only buy it a year ago and it had been very lightly used in the first 5 years of its life I think.  needs the brushes doing now though, get a nice little burning smell when I switch on  :P

The machine it superseded used to pop a motor about every 2 years or so.

I just changed its 135psi pump, good lord the difference is stupendous!!  I think I killed the last pump because I've been experimenting with ultimate master and crystal green in-tank, I think I have clear and conclusive evidence that detergent powders kill pumps.  Shame, because they can really make a difference on a minging carpet :(

I suppose if I add a tenner on to every job that I need to use an in-tank detergent, once I've done more than 20 of them I've paid for a new pump, kind of.

clinton

« Reply #35 on: March 21, 2009, 08:26:03 am »
Mike

True and as i have only one machine now am needing a new one v soon so wont be going to mr house_____ ;D

He might be at the ccdo lol might ruffle his hair ;D

Jim

What pump size do you have now ???Thought you had to have a bigger machine being a sm franchise ???

trevor perry

« Reply #36 on: March 21, 2009, 03:00:48 pm »
Evening guys

My engineer is out towards Buxton. I can put you in touch. You may need to take it to him or he may charge you to come out to Preston.

He's ultra trustworthy and has taken his time getting to know the Ninja by sometimes talking to the Ashby's engineers. However we all know that to transport a machine "down south" is a minimum of c£90 before we even start on any servicing and that's before we factor in 3 days of downtime.

THe benefits of having it done "before your very eyes" and pretty much on the same day is worthy of a few quid.

No the vacs don't need changing every 3 months. I find they are now lasting over 12 months between changes (don't buy cheap) (and I'm using my machine for probably about 5 hours per day 5 days per week.) But there are other things like cleaning the brushes, repairing minor leaks, loose connections, replacing worn out k valves on the wand. Yes I know there are some of these things I could do myself but since I get him to come and do these things (which he would do more quickly than me anyway) I can use him to give the machine a quick "once-over" whilst he is here, thereby saving any major break-downs whilst on a job.

Oh did I mention, he comes to me? Now that has got to be worth something, especially as he usually comes on the day that i phone him having identified a problem. Now THAT is customer service!

Give me your details and Ill pass them on and see what he says.

Roger
i would be gratefull if you could pass my details on they are on my website you could also email me his number if possible to trevor90@talktalk.net
  clinton has text me a number of a engineer called carl if it is same one then no need to reply
 thanks
      Trevor

Jim_77

« Reply #37 on: March 22, 2009, 04:05:03 pm »
Still a 135 Clinton.  No we don't have to have bigger machines but obviously we're encouraged to grow, upgrade eqpt. etc.

derek west

« Reply #38 on: March 22, 2009, 05:46:32 pm »
ninja sold on ebay for £1350.
is that about right?
derek