Mike Halliday

Re: Adwords
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2015, 11:27:59 am »
Sorry Neil that post was meant to be a joke ( obviously not funny)  I'm not sure what that charge was for  I did'nt really get 27 clicks for 46p
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Doug Holloway

« Reply #21 on: March 21, 2015, 12:06:11 pm »
Hi Guys

Only had a very brief experiment with add words as luckily enough not to need them.

I think some cleaners end up virtually working for Google.

As for CNN my antennae were alerted by the hype with which it is marketed, in my experience more hype less results.

No doubt it is possible to makeAdwords cost effective if you put in the time.

Cheers

doug

Dave_Lee

« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2015, 10:00:56 pm »
My experiments with adwords have been total expensive failures. My organic listings work much better. When i search for something on Google, I never click on the sponsored sites, always on organics and I know that many people do the same.
Dave Lee, Owner of Deepclean Services
Chorley Lancs. Est 1980.
"Pay Cheap -You get Cheap - Pay a little more and get something Better."

Jamie Pearson

« Reply #23 on: March 26, 2015, 05:15:22 pm »
Been dabbling a little more with carpet cleaning ads for Facebook. I think I now have the right image, ad copy and market sussed. Next onto the actual landing page to get it to convert better along with the tracking phone number again to monitor the calls.

We dont do domestic carpet cleaning so I have been sending them to another carpet cleaners website that is pretty poor. Built by Yell and nowhere on Google. They gave him a page 1 ranking for the most ridiculous long tail keyword and because he has always used yellow pages he trusted them to do a good job for him. He now struggles for business as he is nowhere online and repeat customers always used to get his number from yellow pages which he can no longer afford.

CleanerCarpets

« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2015, 07:51:09 pm »
keywords went out a long time ago - they wont get you top of google

bennymon

« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2015, 12:57:35 pm »
Hi I really can't get to grips with the internet try as I may it just keeps baffling me . Paid out loads on google  and people to sort it the last one I tried was carpet cleaning network and didn't get a single job . Also  a company called doodle adds  done me a cartoon Facebook  campaign  also resulting in no jobs . Now totally run out of funds . Any tips  that may help me before I sink  cheers del

Radek Jablonski

« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2015, 01:50:39 pm »
benny the secret of the adwords is a website, if the website is a poope then you pay for clicks only, customer is not calling you as does not like your website. Competition in your area is huge from what I can see on google.
Would invest in seperate website and pay someone for adwords only, pay cheap to set up and cheaper to kerp an eye on it.
If you like the option which marcus sell in other thread then go on as its good if no money for your own website.

bennymon

« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2015, 02:09:05 pm »
Thanks radek  I can't find the other thread

Radek Jablonski

« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2015, 02:22:08 pm »
Thanks radek  I can't find the other thread

"mobile friendly website" thread

do you get actually any jobs from google? asking as you are in top of google and on google places.

bennymon

« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2015, 03:58:25 pm »
Thanks radek  I don't get anything on google  and alto I am there if you bring up the map I don't seem to have aright up on the map section ? I know my web sight needs plenty of work but surely something  should come in now and then . There is also a lot of £15 to £25 a room companies around me .

Radek Jablonski

« Reply #30 on: March 29, 2015, 04:15:28 pm »
no, sorry you are not on places, my mistake i dont know how did i see you there :)
why not to open google plus page for business, many people look after cleaners on the map, whoever is close they call him,
its free, you will be on g places then
dont you have a son, friend or anyone else to help you with it?

tim handley

« Reply #31 on: March 29, 2015, 08:40:28 pm »
cant make tacca day unfortunately, but if any other course/workshop on addwords/seo,  internet marketing in general crops up, ill be number one on the list of attendees......

dutchman

« Reply #32 on: April 01, 2015, 07:03:58 pm »
Had CCN on the phone the other day. To setup my PPC adwords account,  it would be £250 + Vat to analyse my local market then £75 per month to administer it on top of my projected budget of £100 per month for Adwords itself. Abosolute money for nothing. It was a no from me...

Neil Jones

« Reply #33 on: April 01, 2015, 07:51:04 pm »
Do you ever think they analyse your market and then say no, I don't think so.

CleanerCarpets

« Reply #34 on: April 01, 2015, 08:20:44 pm »
analyze your market? thats a new one - they did my report for free like everyone elses

i think you mean £250 for the website 'build' (ie - copy of the others!)

Radek Jablonski

« Reply #35 on: April 01, 2015, 08:44:16 pm »
analyze? ha ha, they told me I will pay 50c per click while I was paying around and over 2 euros. Even I told them i am running adwords already and they could have a look to see what could be done, it could give them good idea of cost per click

inside 250 you have first month credits for your advords which are adwords vouchers so they dont pay for it probably.

no point to pay someone 100pounds a month and spending only another 100 on adwords, as even if you run it yourself making mistakes you will not break the extra 100 which doesnt go to your campaign.

dutchman

« Reply #36 on: April 01, 2015, 09:29:52 pm »
Just started up Adwords myself after 8 months off as I seemed to be busy enough. I had Yell do it for me for 6 months and that was a pile of poo. Now that I have stated it up again I have had an email from Google saying I can phone them and they will give me tips on key words and changing the text of my ad. Will phone them this week and give you a run down on what they said. Its stright from the horse's mouth...

Craigp

« Reply #37 on: April 06, 2015, 10:18:31 pm »
CNN are just a lead harvesting company, kind of like car salesmen to be treated with caution and skepticism.

Hilton

« Reply #38 on: April 08, 2015, 08:22:53 am »
I thought Adwords was all about you 'quality score' have a poor one and Google fine you  a lot if you score just 1 on the other hand have a decent one and you pay 50% less than normal.

So keep on top of your keywords and you pay less let it slide and watch those costs rocket.