md_cleaning

Solution spm New
« on: September 17, 2012, 04:35:13 pm »
used spm for the second time today, brilliant pre spray, wish I had bought some before, great stuff.
Dave

neil 47

Re: solution spm
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2012, 04:39:05 pm »
Try Shockwave even better
IICRC

md_cleaning

« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2012, 04:54:32 pm »
yes Neil I have some of that but not tried it yet, will give it a go, must be good if it's better.

richie

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2012, 05:41:46 pm »
even i (a no Nick fan) have to say SPM is a good chemical :)   Heard mixed reviews about Shockwave though.

Russ Chadd

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2012, 07:04:04 pm »
For me i have to say that SPM has managed to tackle some filthy and i mean filthy restaurant carpets, and this is from a microsplitter!
Have also used Shockwave and yes it works well... but will require an acidic rinse.

brianbarber

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2012, 07:59:27 pm »
Although initially pricey,as it's not available in small tubs, it's actually going to be very economical to use.
It's also a nice free running powder, not too sticky like PB.

Mr B
If in doubt.....Leave it out !!

Len Gribble

« Reply #6 on: September 17, 2012, 08:32:27 pm »
Brian

Is that the stuff you gave us to demo or was it SW. never found PB to be sticky ???

Doesn’t PC fall into the SPM category ;)
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

neil 47

« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2012, 09:05:53 pm »
Brian your right about powerburst and have posted before that in my experiance it resoils very quickly,

and yes i did use acid rinse and the same can be said for blitz , they do the job but at a cost .

Russ does Shockwave need a acid Rinse because we don't bother( been back to see carpets months later and no issues)  and from my memory i can never ever remember anyone coming on here and say i wish id acid rinsed that , is it just habit.
IICRC

Paul Moss

« Reply #8 on: September 17, 2012, 09:08:09 pm »
Its only pricey if your not charging enough  ;D
a good prespray though  ;)

Russ Chadd

« Reply #9 on: September 17, 2012, 09:19:37 pm »
Neil

John Bolton has advised that an acidic rinse is necessary when using Shockwave, SPM is classed as being a little more "green" if that's the right word to use!
Shockwave is really only used on bad greasy synthetic type carpets and i wouldn't really advise using it on natural fibres... SPM has quite a punch and you will be very surprised how versatile it is on all types of carpets and fabrics! 

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #10 on: September 17, 2012, 09:30:01 pm »
We only use SPM and Shockwave these days and Powerburst in reserve.

Simon

Paul Moss

« Reply #11 on: September 17, 2012, 09:39:58 pm »

Simon

Amatuer  :-*

brianbarber

« Reply #12 on: September 17, 2012, 10:54:59 pm »
Len.

I will give you some SPM when I see you, and I have a free scoop!  Get in !

Then you can show me where to put the petrol in, the TM tanks a bit low.....!

Mr B

If in doubt.....Leave it out !!

Craigp

« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2012, 11:05:46 pm »
Never had resoiling from Power Burst.

Power Burst number one pre spray ! ;D

John Milnes

« Reply #14 on: September 17, 2012, 11:11:29 pm »

Simon

Why Simon?

Jim_77

« Reply #15 on: September 18, 2012, 12:04:11 am »
I'd guess because they come in 15kg tubs and Simon has to have the biggest of everything ;) ;) :D

John Milnes

« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2012, 12:17:40 am »
Well that's a good enough reason I suppose  ;D

neil 47

« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2012, 10:05:40 am »
craig

maybe you have never had resoiling problems , because you havent tested microspitters next t a high ph detergent .

or maybe it dosent matter 
it resoils quicker than lots of others i have used my own carpets were dirty within 4 2 weeks using high ph and acid rinse but nearly 8 to 12 weeks with ms  thats with two kids in and out with their mates
IICRC

Jamie Pearson

« Reply #18 on: September 18, 2012, 10:17:22 am »
craig

maybe you have never had resoiling problems , because you havent tested microspitters next t a high ph detergent .

or maybe it dosent matter 
it resoils quicker than lots of others i have used my own carpets were dirty within 4 2 weeks using high ph and acid rinse but nearly 8 to 12 weeks with ms  thats with two kids in and out with their mates

What spec equipment were you rinsing with?

neil 47

« Reply #19 on: September 18, 2012, 10:26:36 am »

wait a minute if your going to go down the rd of truch mounts are better then chemical suppliers shouldn't be supplying chemicals that are not fit for purpose in portable machines.

but i have a alltec 135psi portable

and we us ms and spm bonneting so whatever argument u have isnt going to hold up. try bonneting with powerburst , blitz  see what results u get after 3 days

you may of been cleaning carpets longer but cant see my point of view as it doesn't suit your needs

Neil
IICRC

richie

« Reply #20 on: September 18, 2012, 01:22:09 pm »
If your getting resoil problems with PowerBurst you cant have rinsed it properly.

md_cleaning

« Reply #21 on: September 18, 2012, 01:30:23 pm »
well seems most are as pleased as me with results of spm, pb is also good and I've never had any problems with it,wasn't knocking it just like spm, not used shockwave yet but it says nothing about acid rince on anything I've read on it, so thats imformation worth knowing when i do next indian job :)

Craigp

« Reply #22 on: September 18, 2012, 01:37:08 pm »
Neil it could have been the acid rinse, I was told by Julie Roberts of Chemspec (this women is  impressively knowledgeable) that acid rinses cause resioling, I'm not saying not to use them as I use them more diluted than the instructions say and therefore i really don't think it will in any noticeable way.

I recently tried power burst side by side with another pre spray by texatherm, it was not not a patch on power burst, I'd be interested in hearing results of side by side with shockwave and smp.

Simon why is PB in reserve? In case Shockwave and SPM cant cut it?

Jamie Pearson

« Reply #23 on: September 18, 2012, 04:05:12 pm »
wait a minute if your going to go down the rd of truch mounts are better then chemical suppliers shouldn't be supplying chemicals that are not fit for purpose in portable machines.
but i have a alltec 135psi portable

I wasnt actually. Nearly all of our Powerburst customers have portables.

neil 47

« Reply #24 on: September 18, 2012, 06:11:46 pm »
Maybe it was the acid rinse , and as others have not seemed to have had the problems ive had then i must be wrong .

or maybe its because i did my own with 3 or 4 different chems  and noticed a difference wheres we generally don't go back to a area we have cleaned until it needs cleaning again
IICRC

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #25 on: September 18, 2012, 06:47:49 pm »

Simon

Why Simon?

I was an ardent Power Burst fan, but we try different products from time-to-time and although not a Microsplitter devotee gave SPM a try and it works brilliantly, on a parr with Pure Clean. Shockwave is in my view is pb's equal, still have a few tubs of PB, just in case.

Simon

neil 47

« Reply #26 on: September 18, 2012, 08:11:48 pm »

Simon

Why Simon?

I was an ardent Power Burst fan, but we try different products from time-to-time and although not a Microsplitter devotee gave SPM a try and it works brilliantly, on a parr with Pure Clean. Shockwave is in my view on a  par with  pb's. but pb's  resoils  much to quickly, still have a few tubs of PB, just in case wants to buy them.

Simon
 ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
IICRC

Len Gribble

« Reply #27 on: September 18, 2012, 08:40:34 pm »
Trying to getting my head round this ???. So spm is a dried out version of micosplitter concentrate so why the hype? Is it because it comes in a tub or a miracle worker in a tub (just asking)

Brian

We filled ours up three times last week ouch >:( ;D ;), this week very chilled out LM-ing. We need to look at the encap agents; we have got an eye on new machine a strait liner but with a bigger ouch  :'(
Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other. (Sidcup Kent)

john martin

« Reply #28 on: September 18, 2012, 08:58:32 pm »
Trying to getting my head round this ???. So spm is a dried out version of micosplitter concentrate so why the hype? Is it because it comes in a tub or a miracle worker in a tub (just asking)

Its got a load of bleach in it   :)

neil 47

« Reply #29 on: September 18, 2012, 09:27:28 pm »
Len , YOU are some boy  8)
IICRC

cleantech

« Reply #30 on: September 18, 2012, 09:50:00 pm »
Chemspec Enzall is the best pre spray. PB and all microsplitters included.
I acid rinse regardless as it softens the fibers and fabrics.

Len Gribble

« Reply #31 on: September 19, 2012, 07:01:14 pm »
Neil

Tell me something I don’t know!!!!

Like what’s the difference between spm and its liquid concentrate (same supplier) ???

We do some times use MS technology stuff good as it get (john and with out any bleach :o ;)). Will have to asks the manufacture if we can have in powered format, look at there cost savings which can be passed onto us hopefully :-X

john martin

« Reply #32 on: September 19, 2012, 07:12:35 pm »
Neil

Tell me something I don’t know!!!!

Like what’s the difference between spm and its liquid concentrate (same supplier) ???

We do some times use MS technology stuff good as it get (john and with out any bleach :o ;)). Will have to asks the manufacture if we can have in powered format, look at there cost savings which can be passed onto us hopefully :-X

I wasn't kidding   , thats the difference  ...  sodium percarbonate    :)

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #33 on: September 19, 2012, 07:22:07 pm »
Any warnings on how long you can leave spm on the carpeting before extracting? It does have some kinda oxidisor built in?

Why not just add the oxidisor when needed?

Enzall and PB are great products. I cant see a product "improving" the results of these two products.  :-\

Rinse with Forumal90, you'll not get any resoiling issues.

Len Gribble

« Reply #34 on: September 19, 2012, 08:20:09 pm »
Hope I don’t get band for questioning ops wrong site safe methinks

John

You knowledge outstands me 8)

Ant that what Vanish uses and we all know what’s under the kitchen sink? ;)

Think we should stop NOW!!!!! and let other have a rethink ;)

But still question hype ::) ;)

Len

Jamie Pearson

« Reply #35 on: September 19, 2012, 08:35:19 pm »
Any warnings on how long you can leave spm on the carpeting before extracting? It does have some kinda oxidisor built in?

Why not just add the oxidisor when needed?

Enzall and PB are great products. I cant see a product "improving" the results of these two products.  :-\

Rinse with Forumal90, you'll not get any resoiling issues.

As you say add when needed.

Powerburst with Citra Boost and Oxibrite is amazing
Enzall with some Energizer too when needed.

You also drop some Energizer into your F90 if desired.

The main useI hear of for these is EOT polyprop berber pile carpets that have been trashed.

john martin

« Reply #36 on: September 19, 2012, 08:45:42 pm »
using f90 liquid with energizer most of the time myself

Yes len , that spm is just microsplitter with a scoop of vanish oxi action thrown in  :D

Russ Chadd

« Reply #37 on: September 20, 2012, 09:40:58 am »
SPM has never failed to amaze me... If used correctly! an i mean mix it well in hot water, lay it down liberally and brush in / CRB.
I wait no longer than 10 mins and extract with tap hot water

Works really well on fabrics... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TK3PrbFYg4c&hd=1

Len Gribble

« Reply #38 on: September 20, 2012, 06:47:50 pm »
Russ

3” get a 5” time saving = more profitability other than that great bit of kit

It’s funny you should say If used correctly! Got an email from a mate saying similar The mixing is very very important

Have you tried it with the DF system?