Graham Airey

BEST UPHOLSTERY CLEANING CHEMICAL ?
« on: July 05, 2012, 08:30:17 pm »
Hello everybody,

after trying lots of different upholstery pre sprays and foams i never seem to get the results that i want, i was just wondering what all you guys use and recommend  ???
NCCA & TACCA

Simon@arenaclean

Re: BEST UPHOLSTERY CLEANING CHEMICAL ?
« Reply #2 on: July 05, 2012, 08:51:46 pm »
Horses for courses and depends on fabric. I generally use pureclean with a dash of fabric restorer with acidic rinse as required. Dwell time is really important and I use a soft tampico or sponge. Towel of with microfibre cloths. What have you used so far? It should go without saying but always do a survey and be sure what you are dealing with.

*Hector*

« Reply #3 on: July 05, 2012, 09:02:39 pm »
Daz automatic (does not sud up as much as the other sort) and traffic film remover for the stubborn stains.

;D ;D
Everyday this forum slips further from God.  :'(

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2012, 09:14:18 pm »
Cillit Bang agitated in with a scarifying brush, no need for dwell time. ;D

*Hector*

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2012, 09:18:13 pm »
Damn....

never thought of cillit bang... doh

>:( >:(
Everyday this forum slips further from God.  :'(

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2012, 09:20:35 pm »
Hector,
Never mind when you get a bit of experience you'll know what to do you silly ducker 8)

Craigp

« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2012, 09:38:26 pm »
Brasso works well not sure about Simons scarifying brush I find a wire brush works better.

james roffey

« Reply #8 on: July 05, 2012, 09:40:36 pm »
Mt third year and still not found one i am happy with, been told shockwave is very good, have a sample of it but not tried it yet on upholstery.

Mike Halliday

« Reply #9 on: July 05, 2012, 09:45:15 pm »
I use microsplitters ( pureclean) on all, always works
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Simon Gerrard

Re: BEST UPHOLSTERY CLEANING CHEMICAL ? New
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2012, 09:47:04 pm »
Mt third year and still not found one i am happy with, been told shockwave is very good, have a sample of it but not tried it yet on upholstery.

James,
So how do you leave suites then if you're not happy with the results? ???

Graham Airey

« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2012, 09:52:40 pm »
Tried Alltec citrus pre spray which worked well on dralon but nothing else, currently using Prochem fibre shampoo,fibre buff,oxibrite & fabric restorer together this has given me the best results so far but no wow factor. Also tried wool x & Prochem prespray gold.
NCCA & TACCA

Mike_Roper

« Reply #12 on: July 05, 2012, 09:55:08 pm »
What tool are you using?
Mike

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #13 on: July 05, 2012, 10:06:03 pm »
currently using Prochem fibre shampoo,fibre buff,oxibrite & fabric restorer together this has given me the best results so far but no wow factor. Also tried wool x & Prochem prespray gold.

That's one strange mix, and probably unnecessary in most circumstances. The art of doing a great job is your ability to look at a piece furniture and understand how to clean the constituent parts of it.  The arms may be soiled differently than say the back cushions which may be heavily hair oiled, the seat cushions could not only be more heavily soiled but colour, or wear faded. For that reason there isn't one chemical that fits all situations, even at times on the same suite, given that our goal is to try and achieve a uniform appearance across the entire piece.

Simon

Graham Airey

« Reply #14 on: July 05, 2012, 10:25:38 pm »
Mike, using the sapphire hand tool. Simon i know, its a mixture i was shown on a training course a couple years ago
the instructor swore by it said he has been using it for years, he said If you just apply the foam and extract using the sapphire you will have outstanding results every time  :( ??? .
NCCA & TACCA

Mike Halliday

« Reply #15 on: July 05, 2012, 10:29:08 pm »
thats Derek Boltons mix that he shows on the ncca course, I used it for years before i went onto M/S/

it did an outstanding job but was a bit of a faff mixing it up in a bucket
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Jim_77

« Reply #17 on: July 05, 2012, 10:41:02 pm »
Chemistry is only one quarter of the equation :)

john martin

« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2012, 10:57:38 pm »
 perhaps its me ... or the way i use it  ,  but i find the sapphire lacks a bit of ' flushing power ' ?    and not so hot on crevices or around cushions with those raised borders  or small rounded arm fronts  etc etc