Dave_Lee

Re: Mark left on worktop????
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2011, 04:56:54 pm »
These high gloss surfaces in kitchens should only be cleaned with a damp cloth.
I wouldn't mind betting that you may have left a white residue ring off the base of the PB container and she has wrongly cleaned it off with one of those sponges, using the abrasive side. Someone, mentoning no names did the same on one of our high gloss kitchen unit doors, shortly after installation (lesson learnt). This left a small Matt patch.
Dave.
Dave Lee, Owner of Deepclean Services
Chorley Lancs. Est 1980.
"Pay Cheap -You get Cheap - Pay a little more and get something Better."

derek west

« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2011, 05:12:04 pm »
wayne it will be the acid, not the powerburst, powerburst has nothing in it that can cause this dullness, people wash up and splash on the surface, they even wash there smalls in the sink sometimes and splash daz, aerial etc... and it still doesn't cause dullness, the only thing that would cause dullness is acid.

wayne zabel

« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2011, 05:23:33 pm »
Get some Farcela G3 polishing compound and try buff it out.

were would i get some of that from?

clinton

« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2011, 05:35:51 pm »
Wouldnt start buffing it wayne or it might go worse mate.

Id go with the acid rinse too

« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2011, 06:01:06 pm »
I'm quite sure I've marked a top before but I can't remember when or what solution I was making up at the time.
The customer did point it out to me and set about polishing it out. It must have worked because I heard nothing else about it afterwards.
The lesson I learnt from that is that nothing I carry goes on any shiney, marble, wood or 'posh' work tops. It's bathroom, utility room or put a towel down these days, because as said there are some out there looking at you as the reason for some mad made up insurance claim.
I once had a potential customer call asking all sorts of questions (which is fine) until we got to the point of who are you insured by and for how much. BIG WARNING BELLS started ringing and we didn't take that job on.

CATMAN

« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2011, 07:27:14 pm »
I'd let this lot sort it out

http://www.plastic-surgeon.co.uk/

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2011, 07:41:47 pm »
Wayne,
You've got all sorts of advice on this situation, all of it well intended, but I'd urge you to seek professional help, so contact a work top manufacturer or kitchen supplier and ask their advice. Also, take photos and keep a day log of the situation as it unfolds.

Simon

Jamie Pearson

« Reply #27 on: August 26, 2011, 08:41:14 pm »
Get some Farcela G3 polishing compound and try buff it out.

were would i get some of that from?

Halfords. Get the yellow one.

Adam P

« Reply #28 on: August 26, 2011, 10:10:04 pm »
i don't know if this would make it worse but i'd simply go round and test both pb and acid rinse on her surface right next to the mark or if she's got any cut offs for some odd reason or a hidden area. you'll quickly get your answer as to whether it was you or not and problem solved. either insurance claim or not :)

Colin Day

« Reply #29 on: August 27, 2011, 12:03:53 am »
I'd let this lot sort it out

http://www.plastic-surgeon.co.uk/

I have their card in my wallet... They do a brilliant job ;D

garyj

« Reply #30 on: August 27, 2011, 07:29:28 am »
Is it just me but every time I see this thread I think its about the whereabouts of the missing Mark D'alcorn.

I imagine him sitting on a worktop somewhere waiting to be collected.

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #31 on: August 27, 2011, 08:45:22 am »
I can't remember the last time mixed a chemical or filled anything with water in the customers premises. Surely the safest way to mix chemicals and fill things is to do it at your van, or at least on the doorstep where if there's a spillage there's no damage done. This is a sensible a precaution as putting protective pads under the feet of furniture, if you don't do it sooner or later your going get a bleeder, as in the picture, which was taken on a call out to see if we could remove a stain left by the last carpet cleaner.
 :o

PaulKing

« Reply #32 on: August 27, 2011, 11:48:53 am »
Wayne,
You've got all sorts of advice on this situation, all of it well intended, but I'd urge you to seek professional help, so contact a work top manufacturer or kitchen supplier and ask their advice. Also, take photos and keep a day log of the situation as it unfolds.

Simon

Good post
www.revitaclean.com  established 1968 in Newcastle Upon Tyne

wayne zabel

« Reply #33 on: August 27, 2011, 12:56:57 pm »
wayne it will be the acid, not the powerburst, powerburst has nothing in it that can cause this dullness, people wash up and splash on the surface, they even wash there smalls in the sink sometimes and splash daz, aerial etc... and it still doesn't cause dullness, the only thing that would cause dullness is acid.

The client has got the number of the helpline of the worktop manufacturer.I will contact them on Tuesday.

Colin Day

« Reply #34 on: August 27, 2011, 01:02:14 pm »
I can't remember the last time mixed a chemical or filled anything with water in the customers premises. Surely the safest way to mix chemicals and fill things is to do it at your van, or at least on the doorstep where if there's a spillage there's no damage done. This is a sensible a precaution as putting protective pads under the feet of furniture, if you don't do it sooner or later your going get a bleeder, as in the picture, which was taken on a call out to see if we could remove a stain left by the last carpet cleaner.
 :o

The only chemical I mess around with at a customers kitchen sink is Hydrogen hydroxide with carpet cleaning...

However, the oven cleaning requires chemicals that can be damaging to some surfaces, but tarpaulin and a bit of common sense keep me out of trouble... most of the time ;D

clinton

« Reply #35 on: August 27, 2011, 03:51:08 pm »
Wayne there must be some kitchen top workplace shops near you mate n have a word with them to put your mind at rest mate..

wynne jones

« Reply #36 on: August 27, 2011, 04:55:07 pm »
When people see you doing something like that, some will suddenly notice something that's been there a while unnoticed.  So whilst they are not trying to do you over it's probably not your fault.

'Never put anything of yours on anything of theirs.' Is was I was taught. Keep spotters etc in a small tool box or on a belt. It also stops little Mohamed chugging down your bottle of rust remover. 

No help to your current problem, sorry  :( but may prevent a few costly incidents in the future. 
It's not expensive, you just can't afford it.

sherco

« Reply #37 on: August 27, 2011, 05:00:00 pm »
Try T Cut this could work.
Natural stone floor restoration service.
Natural stone fixing and repairs.
www.poshstonefloors.co.uk

davep

« Reply #38 on: August 27, 2011, 10:46:06 pm »
Wynne don't touch it. If its a stitch up your digging yourself a hole, and if it's an insurance job they won't pay out if you touched it afterwards.