wayne zabel

Mark left on worktop????
« on: August 25, 2011, 07:13:56 pm »
I did a job today and just had a call from customer saying that a mark has been left on her kitchen worktop.

I used powerburst prespray which I mixed in the sink and as far as I know I never put the sprayer on the worktop surface - I cant be 100% sure on this though.I did put the tub of Powerburst on the top but there was nothing on the bottom of the tub that I knew of.

Would there be anything in a diluted prespray that could cause a mark to appear on a worktop?She says its taken some sheen of the surface.

Does anyone know of a product that would restore this mark or have any ideas of rectifying?

Im not sure what the worktops are made of,I think theyy are just a laminate,definately not a marble type of materail.

Colin Day

Re: Mark left on worktop????
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2011, 07:26:24 pm »
If it's a wooden top.... Oh dear...

But if it's a normal work top (Formica or whatever it's called), it might be that the area is stained with tea/grime, and the Powerburst has simply "Cleaned" the area. (This has happened to me when I cleaned an oven once, she was delighted at how clean I got the rest of her work top though :D

May I suggest that you invest in an in-line sprayer, and make batches of 5 litre bottles of pre-spray up at home. I mix 250 grams up per 5 litres of either SPM or Powerburst up and use the in-line sprayer at a ratio of 4-1.... It's "Uncle Ben's" mate.... perfect results, every time  ;D

wayne zabel

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2011, 07:36:52 pm »
Definately not a wood top nor ingrained tea ect as she says the kitchen is relatively new.I never had this before and have always mixed at the sink in the same awy.

Jamie Pearson

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2011, 07:59:43 pm »
Is it a stone or corian top?

derek west

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2011, 08:05:31 pm »
she's trying it on wayne, theres nothing in powerburst that could effect any worktop, and if there is then the worktop is not fit for purpose.

wayne zabel

« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2011, 08:25:13 pm »
Is it a stone or corian top?

Ive asked her what the tops are and shes unsure,as i said I dont think yhey are anything out of the ordinary.Ive asked her if the kitchen fitter has an idea what the tops are,so Im awaiting an answer on that.

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2011, 10:40:47 pm »
Oh dear oh dear sounds like a new set of kitchen worktops as her fitter will not be able to find a colour match  sleep well ;D ;D ;D

Jim_77

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2011, 10:44:20 pm »
Tread carefully, this might be a stitch-up.

If they are the usual melamine-covered chipboard there is absolutely no way your powerburst could have affected it.  Only abrasion will affect that type of surface.

I would even be as confident ass to go back with some powerburst, mix some in some water and spread it on the worktop, then wipe it off.  It'll just clean it!

clinton

« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2011, 09:00:37 am »
Same as Jim and Derek..I have never heard of this happening wayne in all my years of cleaning.

Sometimes these people pick up on that your a newbie and try it on.

markpowell

« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2011, 09:08:38 am »
Never heard of anything like this before Wayne, go get some pictures.
Do not admit liability.
I would put it in the hands of your insurance and forget about it mate.
Mark

PaulKing

« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2011, 09:16:22 am »
Tread carefully, this might be a stitch-up.

If they are the usual melamine-covered chipboard there is absolutely no way your powerburst could have affected it.  Only abrasion will affect that type of surface.

I would even be as confident ass to go back with some powerburst, mix some in some water and spread it on the worktop, then wipe it off.  It'll just clean it!

I though the same, maybe you left a clean ring, if not it will prove that it was not power burst that had that did it .
www.revitaclean.com  established 1968 in Newcastle Upon Tyne

Adam P

« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2011, 10:26:19 am »
powerburst has damaged the hard surface but is fine on the soft carpets?

Jim_77

« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2011, 12:30:25 pm »
. . . .

wonder who worked that out already ;)

JandS

« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2011, 12:34:07 pm »
Sure there wasn't some grit or even sugar
under the PB tub and as you've dragged it
it's scratched the surface>>

John
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

Steve Gunn

« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2011, 03:21:49 pm »
Customers try it on all the time,I had one who said her Sky had gone off after cleaning behind her tv, took my box round plugged it in and it worked her box was dead "it was working this morning". So I rang sky to be told she had reported the fault 3 months previously but refused to pay £65 call out.

Don't take it to heart probably nothing to do with p/b or you

Paul W Jones

« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2011, 03:26:42 pm »
Some people will 'notice' things when you've been on a job a lot better than before you arrived.  I used to work in the building industry and whenever you were on a job whatever went wrong in the house was your fault!  I'd just go back, take a look and have a chat with her about it.

wayne zabel

« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2011, 03:45:40 pm »
Just been round to the house today.The worktops are a high gloss laminate,the mark thats there is a dull mark about the size of a palm of a hand and hits you as soon as you walk in the kitchen.They say it wasnt there before.Who knows??I mixed some PB last night and put some on my tops and they were fine,I even put some raw powder on and that was OK but my tops are a matt finish.

It seems to be in the place that I had put the tub of PB whilst I mixed the stuff for the sprayer.It was only on the surface for a couple of minutes.I also had some acidic rinse around - could this be the problem.

They are going to phone the worktop manufacturers help line to see what they suggest,I said i would contact Prochem to see if they think there is any possibility that  this could be the problem.

Dont know how this is going to end up.

Is there a lacquer that can be used to get the shine back??

markpowell

« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2011, 04:00:49 pm »
Wayne,
pass it on to your insurers and let them deal with it its not worth the headache mate.
Mark

Jamie Pearson

« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2011, 04:28:34 pm »
Get some Farcela G3 polishing compound and try buff it out.

benny d

« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2011, 04:51:31 pm »
I hate to hear this sort of thing. All I can say is im with you and hope it goes in your favour.
"If i'm not in action, I'm in traction"
Voted 397th best looking carpet cleaner in West Sussex 2015. Up 10 from last year...