wynne jones

Re: how do people deal with long hoses?
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2011, 08:23:18 pm »
Lay them out fully and feed it through your hands and start a circle and away you go.

If your van is short of space hang them with bungees. If you have a lot of room or a lot of hose get a hose reel or stack then on spindles or large 'cones'.

Some hose is very stiff others are not so bad. The most flexible are some that solutions do but can kink in certain circumstances.
It's not expensive, you just can't afford it.

« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2011, 08:28:09 pm »
ha ha you have waaaaay too much time on your hands paul! you should realy get out more honest. Vitaim D is very important for the brain cells :)

??? way 2 much time, vitaim  :-X whats that some sort of pick me up  ;D just post that pic of ur bag Tony I cant wait to see it, especially one of the little space for your hand tool  :P 

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2011, 08:43:02 pm »
Oh i will paul :) i'll take a naked pic tomorrow especially for you like i said in a few threads  up  ;)   ;)

And by the way, the bag is brown leather (YES leather! ooo suites you sir!). So you'll have to re-do the advertising material i'm afraid.

« Reply #23 on: January 16, 2011, 08:58:28 pm »
Oh i will paul :) i'll take a naked pic tomorrow especially for you like i said in a few threads  up  ;)   ;)

And by the way, the bag is brown leather (YES leather! ooo suites you sir!). So you'll hve to re-do the advertising material i'm afraid.

Who mentioned a naked pic of you  :D I just want a pic of that bag your Mum made for you with the little space stitched in for your hand tool and hoses  :'( your not this cocky on the website forum/s you tend to visit or "bug" are you   ;)

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #24 on: January 16, 2011, 09:19:18 pm »
ha  cocky?? look who's talking! your the one that started on me mate!! I mearly gave an opinion on a hose bag, not selling nowt.

As i said, your coming across as an asset to the forum :) a gentlemen.  i'm sure someone will listen to your waffle.

Looks like Clinton is not the only one that has a stalker lol

Adam P

« Reply #25 on: January 16, 2011, 09:26:51 pm »
any ways any chance you'd upload the picture? the thought being that other may be able to make something similar.

perhaps my hose isn't as flexible as otehrs. it's from cleansmart. the 1.5" is easy to deal with, it's just this 2" 50ft stuff that is impossible. will have a try with the suggestions from people on here but doubt it'll work putting it on the floor then spinning it. also how would they then unravel it before they clean? it'll need to keep spinning itself as you get through. i think the best idea is to split it into 2 25ft and then deal with each half one at a time.

clinton

« Reply #26 on: January 16, 2011, 09:32:06 pm »
Thats what i have done with mine and split the all into 25 ft..

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #27 on: January 16, 2011, 09:33:04 pm »
any ways any chance you'd upload the picture? the thought being that other may be able to make something similar.

perhaps my hose isn't as flexible as otehrs. it's from cleansmart. the 1.5" is easy to deal with, it's just this 2" 50ft stuff that is impossible. will have a try with the suggestions from people on here but doubt it'll work putting it on the floor then spinning it. also how would they then unravel it before they clean? it'll need to keep spinning itself as you get through. i think the best idea is to split it into 2 25ft and then deal with each half one at a time.

Hey

I dont have a picture!!! for the 10th time of saying!! :) lo But i'll take a couple tomorrow and upload. You can take the pictures to your local seamstress and get one made. They are really handy as you'll see in the pics. Saves carrying them in the crook of your arm like i have for years lol

The hoses I carry are the ones from cleansmart.

Tony

Max Campbell

« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2011, 01:47:42 pm »
GCS - the important thing is to lay out the hose straight first ;), then as you pull in one coil, you twist it (it's obvious which way), and the end can spin round. If the hose isn't straight, the twist you put in as you lay each coil on the pile will form an opposite coil further down. I, too, often start in the middle and pull in the 2 ends to the middle.

I run a truck mount, and prefer to manually coil & hang up hoses, 'cos I've got grey for inside, blue for outside and 25' & 50' lengths of both, so I can choose the appropriate hose from the hooks down one side of the van. It's all 2", and cable-tied to solution hose of matching lengths. :)

colin thomas

« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2011, 04:09:24 pm »
why is it that some call this site 'shout it up'

::)
colin thomas

wynne jones

« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2011, 04:16:25 pm »
why is it that some call this site 'shout it up'

::)

Because of comments like yours? ::)

colin thomas

« Reply #31 on: January 19, 2011, 05:27:10 pm »
ooh, touchy or what wynne, i only whispered it

:-*
colin thomas

JandS

« Reply #32 on: January 19, 2011, 05:43:28 pm »
I only coil it up into the bag at the end of the day, usually when
I get home on the dry garage floor.
In between I just sort of fold it up and throw it in the back.
Got a bag with the 50 foot but why do they make them skin tight.
Have managed the zip twice, now I don't bother just let it peek
over the top.

John
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

wynne jones

« Reply #33 on: January 19, 2011, 07:30:53 pm »
ooh, touchy or what wynne, i only whispered it

:-*

;D

heritagecleaning

« Reply #34 on: January 19, 2011, 08:28:41 pm »
I've always had a long hose and it's never caused me any problems  8)

Mark Lane-Matthews

« Reply #35 on: January 19, 2011, 11:38:47 pm »
Ridiculous.Get some fitted hose reels,you can not re-invent the wheel with these proposals.Paying out for hose reels will make life quicker and easier and keep your hoses in better condition.

M.Acorn

« Reply #36 on: January 20, 2011, 03:49:55 pm »
I just tuck mine down my right trouser leg  ;D
What goes around comes around

fitz2kleen

« Reply #37 on: January 20, 2011, 05:30:05 pm »
hose bags r ya best bet unless obviously u have a reel
mine are 2 x 30ft and fits pressure pipe and extraction pipe in snug.
I ordered 2 and because I had to wait they sent me a free one so my sewage pipes have there own bag too :)
mark

M.Acorn

« Reply #38 on: January 20, 2011, 05:38:36 pm »
so my sewage pipes have there own bag too

So you have a hose on your waste output ?
Good idea saving time bucketing waste out,which is what I currently do.
What goes around comes around