Adam P

how do people deal with long hoses?
« on: January 16, 2011, 12:46:08 pm »
i've recently got 2" 50ft hose and i'm honestly struggling with the bloody thing.

i currently store it wound up in a big box but unravelling it and putting it back in is a pain and very clumsy i just can't seem to get in control of it. I wondered how people on here deal with hoses especially those who have a portables?

davep

Re: how do people deal with long hoses?
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2011, 12:55:31 pm »
Just make a circle on the floor and wrap it along it, twisting it, after a while its easy  ;)

Paul Heath

« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2011, 12:57:54 pm »
A hose reel is the best way, but not a cheap solution, makes life easy.

Adam P

« Reply #3 on: January 16, 2011, 01:04:28 pm »
i've seen hose reels but from what i can see they aren't supposed to leave the van which isn't so good for me as with a portable the van could be park a bit away from the property and the i've got to unravel the hose going through their garden and bringing in all the dirt.

Steve. Taylor

« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2011, 01:11:06 pm »
Depending on what other hose you got you could cut it in two buy a couple of end's & joiner i got

25ft  35ft 15ft find it a good combo for any domestic work

OR LIKE YOU SAY IT ENDS UP LIKE A SNAKES WEDDING ;D
Steve T       All the gear but no idea!
www.leatherrepairsouthampton.co.uk

M.Acorn

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2011, 01:31:45 pm »
I use 2 of the Tesco home delivery crates,get 25 ft in each,store in the van easy too
What goes around comes around

robert meldrum

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2011, 01:54:49 pm »
Twist and spin.............then use something to keep them in a circle. Mark's suggestion sounds a good one. I just start in the middle and twist as I spin it into a circle and mine are not the newer flexible ones but ( apart from the really cold weather last month )  don't have a problem and I'm no spring chicken.

What I find a greater problem is avoiding them getting dirty as the 2" occasionally goes inside some houses.

clinton

« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2011, 02:03:45 pm »
Does take a while to get used to rolling them up and then secure them with a bungie rope,took me 3 atempts the other day to get it right mind  ;D

Maybe split them into 25 ft sections as an idea.

davep

« Reply #8 on: January 16, 2011, 02:19:46 pm »
Reel takes up too much space.  Get them into a tight circle, bunjie them and hook them to the side wall of van with another bunjie.   ;)

richy27

« Reply #9 on: January 16, 2011, 03:09:37 pm »
get a good velcro strap. make circle on floor and secure with strap then start rolling. i take it you have no strapped your sol hose to the vac hose if you have take it off.   ah remember those days before i had a reel i now strain my shoulder turnng the reel will have to get a powered one   lol ;D

PaulKing

« Reply #10 on: January 16, 2011, 04:43:03 pm »
hose reel theres on for £75 on the sale page
www.revitaclean.com  established 1968 in Newcastle Upon Tyne

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #11 on: January 16, 2011, 06:04:58 pm »
You can buy a hose bag for about £50 i think. Make a circle on the floor then pop it in the bag, simple.

I got my mum to make me a bag (she's a dress maker) and its fantastic. It has a strap that goes around my shoulder, like a gym bag and in the "sack" I have space for hose, soloution line, priming hose and CFR hantool if needed.

The really good thing about it is that it leaves my hands free to carry a wand and sebo duo in one hand and a sprayer, buckets and spotting kit tote bag in the other  :P

Might upload a pic off it tomorrow if i can be arsed.

p.s. hose reel for a porty  ??? waste of  space  in the van if you ask me.

« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2011, 06:28:13 pm »
You can buy a hose bag for about £50 i think. Make a circle on the floor then pop it in the bag, simple.

I got my mum to make me a bag (she's a dress maker) and its fantastic. It has a strap that goes around my shoulder, like a gym bag and in the "sack" I have space for hose, soloution line, priming hose and CFR hantool if needed.

The really good thing about it is that it leaves my hands free to carry a wand and sebo duo in one hand and a sprayer, buckets and spotting kit tote bag in the other  :P

Might upload a pic off it tomorrow if i can be arsed.

p.s. hose reel for a porty  ??? waste of  space  in the van if you ask me.

£50 for a hose bag  :o where are you shopping  ??? I and others will look forward to a pic of your hose bag Tony if you can be "arsed" uploading it  ;D whats it made of silk  :P Maybe you and ya Mum could start a hose bag business for cc's and tap into this very lucrative market  :-\

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2011, 06:55:59 pm »
Your such an asset to this forum Paul  :) what would we do without your wit and warming charm and need i say your fountain of knowledge :)

I'll do a couple of naked pics specialy for the homo's  :P

Quick search found these. Add on VAT and postage.

http://www.alltec-direct.co.uk/hose-bags-p-207.html

http://www.restormate.co.uk/epages/15094.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/15094/Products/1615

Steve. Taylor

« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2011, 06:56:34 pm »
MR WEST ;D

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2011, 07:05:08 pm »
Hey Steve! wanna buy a hose bag off me?? ha ha  ;D

Steve. Taylor

« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2011, 07:10:22 pm »
BOG OFF ;D

BUY ONE GET ONE FOR FREE ;D

jasonl

« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2011, 07:15:33 pm »
I pack them into round tubs with rope handles from Band Q , did she pay you Steve?
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2011, 07:47:51 pm »
Your such an asset to this forum Paul  :) what would we do without your wit and warming charm and need i say your fountain of knowledge :)

I'll do a couple of naked pics specialy for the homo's  :P

Quick search found these. Add on VAT and postage.

http://www.alltec-direct.co.uk/hose-bags-p-207.html

http://www.restormate.co.uk/epages/15094.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/15094/Products/1615

Carpet Dawg

« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2011, 08:16:55 pm »
ha ha you have waaaaay too much time on your hands paul! you should realy get out more honest. Vitaim D is very important for the brain cells :)