justin brown

Re: Free samples.........or not as it turned out!
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2010, 08:43:16 pm »
absolutely.............jeez. next time i'll just shut up and not post:'(
i am here to learn and appreciate any help

Joe H

« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2010, 08:53:38 pm »
Am I right in saying a post has been changed.

Justin hasnt named the business, that is correct, but I am positive I saw in one of his posts where he said something like "the business has already been mentioned in a post".  and the only business that had been mentioned at that time was Solutions.
Now I dont see that in any post!

and no I dont agree with Frans where he says you do both.
What if it was a genuine mistake.
I am sure Nick doesnt pack the goods and set up an invoice, so it could easily have been a clerical error. It could even be Justin didnt hear or perhaps misunderstood what had been said.

Imagine if you cleaned a carpet and after you left it rippled, the client doesnt call you immediately, but goes around the neighbours saying what a lousy carpet cleaner you were, and then rings you.
How would you feel???

I think Justin is out of order at this point in time
and
I would still like to know if a post got altered.

« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2010, 09:22:57 pm »
absolutely.............jeez. next time i'll just shut up and not post:'(

For what it's worth I think you were right in bringing this up, if only so we all learn to read the small print/conditions.

Am I right in saying a post has been changed.
I would still like to know if a post got altered.

Why? We're all permitted to modify our posts up to a certain time point.
Granted if you'd called someone a tw-t and then after people had read it decided to change it and denie it, then questions should be asked.

It has to be said that some people get very protective over their supplier in the same way that some people hate 'x' supplier with a passion.

Joe H

« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2010, 09:27:09 pm »
You ask "Why" Neil.

Because I reckon at one point Justin pointed to Solutions even though he didnt mention Solutions.
Now if that was the case why has he taken that pointer out?
He had in effect named the company, and now it looks as if he didnt.

Steve Barnett (Carpet Care Plus)

« Reply #24 on: August 07, 2010, 09:37:24 pm »
What does it matter.

I knew who Justin was talking about from his initial post and I'm sure most others did too.

Nick's a big boy and can take care of himself - I'm also sure that as you suggest this is a genuine mix up and a request for samples has been mixed up with their current £ 15 offer.

No I don't think Justin should of posted this, he should of phoned up Monday and dealt with it direct - but it's done now.

I actually do agree with Frans - there is a whole forum available for people who will defend said company to the hilt. On here we all have differing opinions and are free to air them.

justin brown

« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2010, 09:48:12 pm »
lol!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Joe, lifes too short. was you a headmaster in a previous life?!

Joe H

« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2010, 10:06:59 pm »
It would have been easier to say "yes I did" or "no I didnt".

I just made my mind up that you did.

justin brown

« Reply #27 on: August 07, 2010, 10:18:14 pm »
joe, did what? what is the problem here? if you read my initial post i was actually asking if it is normal to get charged for 'samples'......did not want to go direct to firm if the answer was 'yes' so was actually asking for advice. in hindsight maybe i should have not posted this and if you have formed a judgement on me and have made up your mind, and i am out of order etc, etc then sorry if i upset you. but i believe you have turned this into something completely different. go and pour youself a drink, i am.  ;)

robert meldrum

« Reply #28 on: August 07, 2010, 10:31:09 pm »
Is it NORMAL to be charged for samples ?  Well, let's consider..............I phone your business and ask for a FREE sample of your work. just a small area cleaned so that I could judge the quality of your work. HOW WOULD YOU RESPOND ?

justin brown

« Reply #29 on: August 07, 2010, 10:35:18 pm »
robert, there are companies that obviously do charge for samples and some dont. looks like you would have been upset to have been charged too then?

Colin Day

« Reply #30 on: August 07, 2010, 10:40:10 pm »
robert, there are companies that obviously do charge for samples and some dont. looks like you would have been upset to have been charged too then?

Well, he is from Scotland ;D ;D ;D

robert meldrum

« Reply #31 on: August 07, 2010, 11:04:04 pm »
Being charged for samples..................I spoke to a supplier on the phone a few years ago asking about their new products which had received some rave reviews, he offered to send me some samples to try out and I accepted, expecting to be billed for the postage.
I was billed for £86 which was a shock, as FREE samples had been sent out to people requesting them.
I paid the £86 but have never made any purchases since.

robert meldrum

« Reply #32 on: August 07, 2010, 11:28:10 pm »
Evening Mr Day

I'm sure you're well aware of where the real tight wads in the UK live !!!!!!!!

Fintan_Coll

« Reply #33 on: August 07, 2010, 11:47:29 pm »
Yes, you are quite right Joe, a post has been deleted or altered somewhere along the way. I remember distinctly reading it before I posted earlier on this evening.
I don't know why it was altered nor could I care less but it does make the thread very confusing , especially for someone who may not have seen the post before it was altered.
Personally I have found Solutions to be one of the best companies I have ever done business with, so Justin I am sure they will sort everything out to your satisfaction.

derek west

« Reply #34 on: August 07, 2010, 11:51:17 pm »
Yes, you are quite right Joe, a post has been deleted or altered somewhere along the way. I remember distinctly reading it before I posted earlier on this evening.
I don't know why it was altered nor could I care less but it does make the thread very confusing , especially for someone who may not have seen the post before it was altered.
Personally I have found Solutions to be one of the best companies I have ever done business with, so Justin I am sure they will sort everything out to your satisfaction.

and i think thats all justin wanted to hear really, reassurance.

Colin Day

« Reply #35 on: August 08, 2010, 09:38:46 am »
Evening Mr Day

I'm sure you're well aware of where the real tight wads in the UK live !!!!!!!!

Yeah.... Yorkshire ;D ;D ;D

Doug Holloway

« Reply #36 on: August 08, 2010, 10:28:41 am »
Hi guys

Simple really.

If he said he would send you down some samples and no price was mentioned then no price is payable.

Remember there are lots of suppliers all supplying pretty much the same products.

Cheers

Doug

gwrightson

« Reply #37 on: August 08, 2010, 12:03:57 pm »
Is it NORMAL to be charged for samples ?  Well, let's consider..............I phone your business and ask for a FREE sample of your work. just a small area cleaned so that I could judge the quality of your work. HOW WOULD YOU RESPOND ?

Well I certainly would give any of my potential custys a sample of my work, and infact often do normaly for commercial work granted and I even advertise the fact , so not such a strange request really :o, and I have in the past recieved free samples from suppliers with no charge for samples or delivery.

I would suggest its a case of cutomer relations and a small price to pay.

geoff
who ever said dont knock before u try ,i never tried dog crap but i know i wouldnt like  haha

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #38 on: August 10, 2010, 08:18:35 am »
Trying to break my addiction and being more layed back these days.

I was scrolling down the topics and my thought was Nicks publicity machine is at it again.

I am now going to say I think t is a good offer.

Companies really cannot afford to send out 100s of Free Samples hoping 10 people will buy.

Was the question asked are they FREE.