justin brown

Free samples.........or not as it turned out!
« on: August 07, 2010, 06:30:36 pm »
Cant really believe what has happened here but tell me if this is the norm? I was speaking to a manufacturer about his chemicals and he told me he would send me some samples down to see what i thought of them. The chemicals turned up Thursday (4 small bottles, 1/2 full) and then a invoice turned up for £15.00 today!!!!!!! Not once was a price discussed!!!!!!!!!!. Thoughts anyone?
i am here to learn and appreciate any help

MAX Carpets

Re: Free samples.........or not as it turned out!
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2010, 06:39:34 pm »
send them back and invoice him p&p

justin brown

« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2010, 06:48:33 pm »
my thoughts exactly. it has got on the invoice that if i buy £150 worth of chemicals i will get my £15 back!!!!!! !

james roffey

« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2010, 06:49:32 pm »
No you will be out of pocket, keep them, saying you better collect them or pay to have them returned dont spend a penny of you own money, i asked Nick at solutions for some freebies and i just paid for the postage which is only fair.

Ring them Monday they may have just made an error, simple mistake you may feel silly if you go in
"all guns blazing" and it is just a simple error :-[

derek west

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2010, 06:51:26 pm »
i wouldn't even pay the postage, why's that fair, there promoting there stuff. tell ya what, i'll do a free sample clean but the custy can pay for my petrol, wear and tear, and a percentage of my tax and insurance ;D

justin
think its time to name and shame them.

james roffey

« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2010, 06:54:06 pm »
Actually Derek you may be right most of the stuff i use was given to me for gratis and i still use most of it now so it's good business to send out completly free stuff.

justin brown

« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2010, 06:56:31 pm »
i initially rang up about a rotovac and we got talking about chemicals and he said he would send some of his down for me to try.that was it, and now a bloody invoice follows!!!!!!!!!

derek west

« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2010, 07:02:47 pm »
just ring and say theres been a miss understanding,
tell him you offered some samples so you thought they were free, as most companies send free stuff to try out, then tell him to either arrange for collection of the samples or quash the invoice as you aint paying it.

justin brown

« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2010, 07:06:32 pm »
your right mate, will do exactly that. i didnt really want to 'rubbish' anyone on here but it is a bit of p*ss take

Andrew Briscoe

« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2010, 07:07:49 pm »
Its probably a mix up, there is an email out from solutions offering samples,
from memory it was 5 different ones for 15 quid, quite good really for
trying new products.

Give them a ring Monday and explain.

Andrew

justin brown

« Reply #10 on: August 07, 2010, 07:10:22 pm »
thanks andrew, will do

Fintan_Coll

« Reply #11 on: August 07, 2010, 07:22:42 pm »
Obviously a mix up or misunderstanding somewhere. The trial pack is priced at £15 plus vat which seems to be what you have got. If it's free samples you are after I am sure they will accommodate.

Joe H

« Reply #12 on: August 07, 2010, 07:31:00 pm »
my thoughts exactly. it has got on the invoice that if i buy £150 worth of chemicals i will get my £15 back!!!!!! it seems a chheky way of doing things, the likelihood of me changing  over to him has all but gone!

I reckon you try what he sent and you may well change your mind.

You havnt stated how big the bottles were that were half full.
A little goes a long way with some fluids.
So how much was in the bottles?????

The newsletter Andrew referred to had 3 different offers on, one was this
Solution M-Power
Solution Fusion 8
Solution Heavy Duty
Solution Standard
£15.00+vat
Is that what you were sent??

3 years ago I was sent some M-Power to try (500ml) and paid the £5 p&p - glad I did.
Even that 500ml made me a lot of money.

However, if you reckon no costing was talked between the two of you, I reckon you should have FIRST contacted the company and discussed the misunderstanding, not broadcast it first on here.

Colin Day

« Reply #13 on: August 07, 2010, 07:38:33 pm »
I'm with Joe on this one, how would you feel if you made a genuine mistake and a custy slagged you down to hundreds of potential customers before giving you a sporting chance and asking you to rectify the problem...? I'm pretty sure you'd be gutted... I know I would be!

justin brown

« Reply #14 on: August 07, 2010, 07:40:35 pm »
Joe, with all respect this a forum where discussions take place, and as you can see from my initial post i did not mention any names. Obvioulsly the money is not the point, it is the principal.

Colin Day

« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2010, 07:42:39 pm »
Fair enough, you haven't named names, but I'm betting we'll either soon find out or put two and two together!

« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2010, 08:10:28 pm »
but I'm betting we'll either soon find out or put two and two together!

I think Joe has 'told us.'  ;D
It might have been a mis-understanding about sample packs being chargable, but all the same it does send out a warning to the rest of us to read the 'FULL OFFER DETAILS.'

elliott cleaning

« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2010, 08:11:12 pm »
my thoughts exactly. it has got on the invoice that if i buy £150 worth of chemicals i will get my £15 back!!!!!! it seems a chheky way of doing things, the likelihood of me changing  over to him has all but gone!

........However, if you reckon no costing was talked between the two of you, I reckon you should have FIRST contacted the company and discussed the misunderstanding, not broadcast it first on here.

No Joe, you do both in a cases such as this.   Sort out your own situation with the supplier & also pre-advise other forum members of the potential pit fall.

Nothing against Nick - but your post leans to over protectionism

Colin Day

« Reply #18 on: August 07, 2010, 08:21:56 pm »
"Nothing against Nick - but your post leans to over protectionism."

I think it's down to pure loyalty on Joes part, Nick seems to have that effect on a lot of his customers.... Including myself!

derek west

« Reply #19 on: August 07, 2010, 08:26:29 pm »
i'm with franz, problem shared is a problem halfed, well its supposed to be anyhoo.