jon barnes

Re: Phoenix are there any negatives
« Reply #20 on: May 30, 2010, 07:00:38 pm »
when i work out how to put photos on the net :)

we have ours in a renault master it does make the Phoenix look a little bit tiny!

as dave says we have put 400hrs on ours in 5 months and the engine runs as sweet as it first did

cheers,

jon

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #21 on: May 30, 2010, 09:06:58 pm »
Dave it was you that said it ran at approx £4.50 an hour to me when I was enquiring, you stated that all petrol driven engines of this size run at that, I don't make figures up I only state what has been said to me.

I am surprised though if Oxford don't sort it out though but that could be politics and also the Geography is only good or bad if you live miles and miles away from Cornwall, if it was such a problem then I should have bought from Chemspec in Bradford only 1 and half hours drive for me but I didn't.

Mike Halliday once stated that you should buy a TM from the nearest dealer to you and he has a point but it all depends on their quality of repair and customer service aswell as the quality of the machine YOU need, the exception to the rule I would say is the Prowler as if need be you can put it on a pallet and have it delivered to Restormate for £50.

Sorry for BANGING on.

Shaun

D Ingram

« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2010, 08:32:48 am »
That’s quite alright mate, when I stated that it ran at £4.50 an hour that was flat out and as many know the Phoenix pumps are belt driven and do not need to be run flat out all the time. Lets face it on many domestic jobs  up to 100 feet there is no need to have the machine running its tits off to suck water at this length. And before anyone comes on with “you need to run an air cool engine at maximum rev’s to keep it cool”  I suggest you go out and buy a Phoenix run it for 12 months and see for yourself.
When mobile phones were reduce from the Motorola brick to the size of a f*g packet I never heard anyone complain, no everyone rushed out to buy one but put a 45 blower on a 18hp engine in a smaller box and it all kicks off. I don’t know about you lot but after standing before the judge getting a bollacking not to mention the fine I received I for one want to stay street legal with an all singing all dancing machine in the back of my van.

And as for going all the way to Cornwall for warranty work you can always come to Walsall in the West Midlands or stick it on a pallet and ship it south to Cornwall.

It’s a no brainer guy’s
Dave Ingram

D Ingram

« Reply #23 on: May 31, 2010, 08:44:43 am »
And here is Jon's  van fitted out with his Phoenix
Dave Ingram

jon barnes

« Reply #24 on: May 31, 2010, 10:03:31 am »
cheers dave you just saved me about 3 hours and a major headache!  ;D

richie

« Reply #25 on: May 31, 2010, 01:16:57 pm »
Dave,
If my judgement regarding the size of the engine is incorrect then i will stand corrected.  I take it that there is not alot of difference between the 18hp & 20hp B&S.  The Spitfire 4.0 ran the Roots 45 blower perfectly.  I ran a Spitfire 3.2 truckmount that was one of the early ones that was fitted with a 14hp B&S engine.  Hydramaster after a while started to fit 16hp B&S engines in place of the 14hp.  I must say though.....the 14hp engine ran great with no problems for the 2 years that i had that machine.

Richie.

David Ware

« Reply #26 on: May 31, 2010, 04:52:00 pm »
Shaun
 I have had a Lightning TM for 6 years. It has a 3 cylinder Kubota diesel, water cooled engine, driving a roots 47 blower and a high temperature pressure pump. And it runs on red diesel. :o
You say it has no resale value.
David

will_turton

« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2010, 05:37:30 pm »
why do people comment on tm that they dont even own???? oh dave chatting to barry nuckley his lighting is running as sweeet was his words

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #28 on: May 31, 2010, 07:51:37 pm »
When he spoke to me a while back about trading it in he said he laughed at the trade in value given.
JG said he was getting rid of the Lightening as he said it was        with problems as I enquired about one before I bought my 421.

Dave no one complains about mobile phones reducing in size as they are usually free and not £10 000 and after a year you can change it for free in most cases.

Shaun

D Ingram

« Reply #29 on: June 01, 2010, 12:15:18 am »
Fare comment Shaun I was using the the mobile phone as a comparison to size.

Richie you have a valid point about the old 3.2 and engine size but what you have to realise is the Phoenix is belt driven and not a direct drive like the 3.2, 4.0 and boxxer 421. As  Jon pointed out in his earlier post they are geared and when running at lower rev’s they can cope with the demand that is put on them comfortably. I have to say taking into account the teething problem that were encountered in the early stages of development the machine has turned out to be a real winner but I would say that wouldn’t   I.

Being one of the first to run on gas when I had the Boxxer 421, would I run the Phoenix on gas the answer to that is NO!  If it had a Kohler 18hp engine then I may think twice, but whilst they are being fitted with the Briggs & Stratton engine I am happier to carry on using petrol.
Anyone who is not convinced of the power these machine kick out is quite welcome to come along to Walsall and see for yourselves.
Dave Ingram

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #30 on: June 01, 2010, 06:53:30 am »
I agree that these new machines pack a bigger punch that the older machines of yesteryear as the technology and experience is far better, I'd have thought a machine like this is compariable to a Boxxer 421, don't know about the heat as HM are mostly about being the hottest.

Shaun

Jim_77

« Reply #31 on: June 01, 2010, 05:08:53 pm »
don't know about the heat as HM are mostly about being the hottest.

One of the hottest ;)

:D

richie

« Reply #32 on: June 01, 2010, 05:09:04 pm »
Hi Dave,
Why wouldnt you run  a B&S on LPG?  there are lods of guys in the uk running 421's on LPG and are having no problems.  Where about in Walsall are you mate,  as you know thats where i live.

Richie

richie

« Reply #33 on: June 01, 2010, 05:15:38 pm »
Jim,
Yes ok you have taken a picture of the temp gauge reading high tem BUT....was that the working temp?  was that picture taken whilst someone was actually working the wand?

Take a look at the links below.

http://www.hydramaster.co.uk/performance/boxxer421.pdf

http://www.hydramaster.co.uk/performance/maxx.pdf

Richie.

Jim_77

« Reply #34 on: June 01, 2010, 05:21:31 pm »
Calm down dear, it's only a truckmount! :)

I had just put the RX down and walked outside to the machine, probably 30 secs between last extracting and taking the photo.

p.s. i don't even believe my own statistics so i tend to ignore things like the HM temp comparisons.  They reckon a thermal wave only runs at 180F ?  okayyyyyyyyyyyyy ;)

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #35 on: June 01, 2010, 06:05:18 pm »
This is the reading from my Ashbys sensei

Shaun

Dave_Lee

« Reply #36 on: June 01, 2010, 07:05:00 pm »
When my temp gauge gets above 200deg it feels too hot at the wand, especially with all that steam about and I end up running to the van to turn the heat down. I don't ever need temps of 250 -270 degs and imo that's far too hot for carpet cleaning, even the greasiest restaurant carpet doesn't need those temps to get it clean. That sort of heat is just what you need to burst the pile and isn't necessary imo.
Dave.
Dave Lee, Owner of Deepclean Services
Chorley Lancs. Est 1980.
"Pay Cheap -You get Cheap - Pay a little more and get something Better."

jasonl

« Reply #37 on: June 01, 2010, 07:49:11 pm »
When he spoke to me a while back about trading it in he said he laughed at the trade in value given.
JG said he was getting rid of the Lightening as he said it was        with problems as I enquired about one before I bought my 421.

Dave no one complains about mobile phones reducing in size as they are usually free and not £10 000 and after a year you can change it for free in most cases.

Shaun

Whats up Shaun have the Mods got  to you  ? Why the gap?   ;D ;D ;D
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

Dave Roelants

Re: Phoenix are there any negatives New
« Reply #38 on: June 01, 2010, 09:55:54 pm »
Sometimes Jason you get weary, some of us have heard it all before, cold water cleaning, no you don't need a heater, why would you want a TM when you can have the same performance in theXYZ, this product is going to change carpet cleaning as we know it I could go on but I'm bored too..................

The answer to the initial question is Yes lots of negatives, like most things in life. Can we move on now?
Best Regards, Dave,
Lakeland Carpet Cleaning, 1st in the UK with 4 to the door!