Prespray
« on: May 06, 2010, 06:37:11 pm »
Hi all

I have never really used any Prochem presprays before but i've seen good things mentioned about them on here in the past.

What are the best heavy duty Prochem products and are there any that can be rinsed with just water?

Steve Barnett (Carpet Care Plus)

Re: Prespray
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2010, 06:42:40 pm »
Hi Jas

The only Prochem presprays I use are Powerburst (high ph and must be acid rinsed, but very effective) and Pure Clean (great for cleaning "clean" carpets, if you know what I mean). I do have Ultrapack on the van, but use it very infrequently.

I cleaned a tennis club's main bar carpet this afternoon, absolutley minging, blasted with hot Powerburst and hot rinsed with Fib/Fab, great results and client over the moon.

Steve

Colin Day

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2010, 06:50:06 pm »
I use the Traffic Clean stuff on bad carpets 100ml per litre and as above on worse carpets and I'm always happy with the results.....
Can't knock Prochems stuff at all..... Does exactly what it says on the bottle....!

MAX Carpets

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2010, 07:09:18 pm »
Gold!!!!!!!! Superb!!!!!

richie

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2010, 07:25:07 pm »
Power Burst is the best heavy duty carpet cleaning product on the market.  I have cleaned commercial carpets with Power Burst and just rinsed with water and had no problems at all.  Do a ph test afterwards i bet it reads ok. 
Pure Clean again is a fantastic product,  great results on even medium heavy dirty carpets.  Ive cleaned pretty dirty pub carpets with it and got fantastic results.

Richie.

stu_thomson

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2010, 07:30:23 pm »
ditto above

powerburst for most carpets especially mingers

pureclean for "clean carpets" and wool (unless trashed)

stu
People say that money is not the key to happiness, but I always figured if you have enough money, you can have a key made!

Ken Wainwright

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2010, 07:40:59 pm »
Jason

The rule of thumb is that only detergent free pre-sprays can be rinsed with plain water, so that means that the highly rated Pure Clean is the only Prochem product I am aware of that can be plain water rinsed.

Safe and happy cleaning :)
The Ken
Veni, vidi vici, Vaxi
I came, I saw, I conquered, I cleaned up!

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2010, 07:49:15 pm »
So how would you rinse detergents out of carpet?

Shaun

Steve. Taylor

« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2010, 08:12:17 pm »
Shaun i think the point ken is making pure clean is soap free enzyme free for complete rinse & residue free cleaning. i think :-\
Steve T       All the gear but no idea!
www.leatherrepairsouthampton.co.uk

Deep Cleaning Solutions

« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2010, 08:18:12 pm »
I have seen quite a few times on this forum to use Powerburst hot,
are we talking kettle hot or tap hot.
I don't have a stainless steel sprayer so boiling water would,
probably blow mine up!
Is hot tap water hot enough!
David.
Owner of Deep Cleaning Solutions.
Expert in Web Design & SEO
www.rocketwebsitedesigners.co.uk

« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2010, 08:23:40 pm »
Hot tap is plenty, in fact over 65 degrees it doesn't work effectively, or so I have read.

With Pure Clean, I use 1 scoop per litre in the pre-spray and 1 scoop per 5 litres in the tank.

Deep Cleaning Solutions

« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2010, 08:29:28 pm »
Cheers Steve. 
David.
Owner of Deep Cleaning Solutions.
Expert in Web Design & SEO
www.rocketwebsitedesigners.co.uk

derek west

« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2010, 08:30:44 pm »
i did some tests and it worked brill with boiling water. or maybe it was the boiling water that worked brill, either way its win win.

" HOT HOT" ;D

james roffey

« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2010, 09:03:26 pm »
Just looked at Prochem pureclean and it said for extraction only no mention of using as a prespray

« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2010, 09:08:49 pm »
Don't take any notice of that James. use it as a prespray, freshwater rinse hot or cold, or add it to the tank - good product.

Steve. Taylor

« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2010, 09:10:56 pm »
James you can use pure clean for extraction tank, bonnet, prespray, spotting, upholstery pritty much everywhere just another micro splitter. not tried it in the bath or under me armpits yet ;D

« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2010, 09:12:33 pm »
Don't know where you got that from James, it says on Prochem's website that you can use it for extraction, bonnet or pre-spray.

« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2010, 09:15:35 pm »
Does the fib/fab cause any probs with a porty pump or corrosion?  is it basically an acid rinse or does it have other properties??

« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2010, 09:18:52 pm »
Jas

I am sure others with more experience than me will give a more concise answer, but personally I view all acidic rinses as simply being a tool to equalize the high ph pre-spray I put down.

Steve. Taylor

« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2010, 09:20:10 pm »
Power burst had a chat with the prochem rep and this is what he said when mixing hot not recommended above 65c But my thoughts are this As soon as it leaves the sprayer and hits the carpet it cant stay hot for long now by the time you aggitate and dwell for 10 minutes its cold.

Steve. Taylor

« Reply #20 on: May 06, 2010, 09:25:47 pm »
Jas as with all chems that go through the pump as long as you rinse a couple of litres of water through the pump on your last job at the end of the day you should be fine.

Run your vacs for 5 minutes to reduce the damp as well.

Simon@arenaclean

« Reply #21 on: May 06, 2010, 09:27:04 pm »
I always run cold water through the pump and solution hose and flush the recovery tank just with an open hose on the end, never had any issues.

Simon

« Reply #22 on: May 06, 2010, 09:37:21 pm »
how does the Pure Clean compare to the Solutions Heavy Duty?

and has any one tried the Solutions Fusion Clean as a prespray before extraction cleaning? I think their Fusion Clean is a fantastic bonnet solution and i think Ken has tried it on a sofa as a prespray before extraction with good results - just wondered if any one else tried it like that?

what Prochem products do you use on upholstery and does anyone boost any of their presprays with solvent boosters?

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #23 on: May 06, 2010, 09:42:46 pm »
I like fusion clean for upholstery I'd give it 8/10 but to make it work you do need to aggitate it quite alot, I did try it on carpets and it was okay, I was talking years ago to an ex Prochem guy and he said that alot of the co solvent cleaners like Ultrapak and Fabric Restorer when diluted far more than recommeded will lower the ph and still keep their grease cutting abilities albeit not quite the same this way you don't need solvent boosters.

Shaun

Andrew Briscoe

« Reply #24 on: May 06, 2010, 09:58:19 pm »
Shaun, have you tried fusion8, i have a 2lt bottle to try some time.

Andrew

« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2010, 10:03:27 pm »
the thing that puts me off acid rinses is i tried Alltecs one with my Advantage and within a month the heater element had started corroding and so did the couplings etc. Maybe i was not cleaning out the tank enough or rinsing it through with plain water after the clean.

after that i stuck to Splitters and just water in the tank. I'd like to give some of these products a go - i like the look of Pure Clean with free rinse but the acid rinsing puts me off the others!! Although i am assuming if you are doing a trashed poly, a simple water rinse would be ok.

how is the Fusion8 working out Andrew? thats another product that looks good but i never really got on with M Power that well

« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2010, 10:06:03 pm »
Jas

I've used acid rinses for the last 2 years in my Ninja and I use my heater every day - never had a problem.

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2010, 10:09:52 pm »
Andrew it was very okay but IMO not worth the extra money and the protector bit is hard to advise on stain blockers etc I'd prefer to use a post protector which offers more.

Shaun

« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2010, 10:13:52 pm »
thanks guys, loads of food for thought!!!

Tony Gill Carpet Smart

« Reply #29 on: May 06, 2010, 10:58:57 pm »
Thai restaurant first job in morning Power Burst for me cuts through the grease brill.

Cheers Tony
STAY YOUNG HAVE FUN BE HAPPY xx
www.carpetcleanersbridlington.co.uk

richie

« Reply #30 on: May 07, 2010, 02:42:06 am »
I would say that Prochem Pure Clean is on par with Solutions Heavy Duty.  Some people cant get on with things like Solutions micro splitters but can woth Proche Pure Clean and its the other way round fo others.  Sometimes though i think this is because the people that sell you chemicals brain wash you into believing that their chemical is the best so in your mind you believe them.

Richie.

« Reply #31 on: May 08, 2010, 09:53:10 pm »
do any of you use the Prochem Power Burst on upholstery or if not what Prochem products are good with upholstery?

Steve. Taylor

« Reply #32 on: May 08, 2010, 10:00:20 pm »
jas pure clean works well fabric restorer or fab clean dont think you can go far wrong on any prochem chemicals.

derek west

« Reply #33 on: May 08, 2010, 10:42:40 pm »
daz for me on upholstery, works fantastic.

JandS

« Reply #34 on: May 09, 2010, 07:07:12 pm »
Might try PB on upholstery.

John
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

« Reply #35 on: May 09, 2010, 07:58:58 pm »
When i use my Porty, i always use Chemspec's one clean powder in the rinse.

As its on the acid side you dont have to use anything else.

Always get fantastic results.

Regards

Daryl

Doug Holloway

« Reply #36 on: May 10, 2010, 07:03:59 am »
Hi Guys

Powerburst should only be used on upholstery if you are 100% sure there will not be any colour issues.

Pureclean works well and is much safer, lower pH.

Pureclean, HD etc are all sodium tripolyphosphate, I use Pureclean because I can vary the concentrations more easily and it is much cheaper.

Cheers

Doug

Joe H

Re: Prespray New
« Reply #37 on: May 10, 2010, 07:32:06 am »
Doug uses Pure Clean for the reasons he states.

Its a powder, I dont like mixing powders - time consuming etc, but I have Pure Clean, PB, Dry Blend, DFC210, Double Clean so you can see I am not against powder.

However, I prefer ready to use (RTU) fluids like HD, Nemesis, M-Power. I find then easy to dilute to a weaker mix, and as for cost - powder may be marginally cheaper, and in the big scheme of things a few pence more on a carpet is nothing.
And if I run out on the job I just quickly pour some more, add the right amount of water, and off and away we go again.

clinton

« Reply #38 on: May 10, 2010, 08:43:16 am »
I i use the fusion clean on upholstery and i use the foam the fusion clean makes an makes it easier to adgitate :)