Prespray
« on: May 06, 2010, 06:37:11 pm »
Hi all

I have never really used any Prochem presprays before but i've seen good things mentioned about them on here in the past.

What are the best heavy duty Prochem products and are there any that can be rinsed with just water?

Steve Barnett (Carpet Care Plus)

Re: Prespray
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2010, 06:42:40 pm »
Hi Jas

The only Prochem presprays I use are Powerburst (high ph and must be acid rinsed, but very effective) and Pure Clean (great for cleaning "clean" carpets, if you know what I mean). I do have Ultrapack on the van, but use it very infrequently.

I cleaned a tennis club's main bar carpet this afternoon, absolutley minging, blasted with hot Powerburst and hot rinsed with Fib/Fab, great results and client over the moon.

Steve

Colin Day

« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2010, 06:50:06 pm »
I use the Traffic Clean stuff on bad carpets 100ml per litre and as above on worse carpets and I'm always happy with the results.....
Can't knock Prochems stuff at all..... Does exactly what it says on the bottle....!

MAX Carpets

« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2010, 07:09:18 pm »
Gold!!!!!!!! Superb!!!!!

richie

« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2010, 07:25:07 pm »
Power Burst is the best heavy duty carpet cleaning product on the market.  I have cleaned commercial carpets with Power Burst and just rinsed with water and had no problems at all.  Do a ph test afterwards i bet it reads ok. 
Pure Clean again is a fantastic product,  great results on even medium heavy dirty carpets.  Ive cleaned pretty dirty pub carpets with it and got fantastic results.

Richie.

stu_thomson

« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2010, 07:30:23 pm »
ditto above

powerburst for most carpets especially mingers

pureclean for "clean carpets" and wool (unless trashed)

stu
People say that money is not the key to happiness, but I always figured if you have enough money, you can have a key made!

Ken Wainwright

« Reply #6 on: May 06, 2010, 07:40:59 pm »
Jason

The rule of thumb is that only detergent free pre-sprays can be rinsed with plain water, so that means that the highly rated Pure Clean is the only Prochem product I am aware of that can be plain water rinsed.

Safe and happy cleaning :)
The Ken
Veni, vidi vici, Vaxi
I came, I saw, I conquered, I cleaned up!

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #7 on: May 06, 2010, 07:49:15 pm »
So how would you rinse detergents out of carpet?

Shaun

Steve. Taylor

« Reply #8 on: May 06, 2010, 08:12:17 pm »
Shaun i think the point ken is making pure clean is soap free enzyme free for complete rinse & residue free cleaning. i think :-\
Steve T       All the gear but no idea!
www.leatherrepairsouthampton.co.uk

Deep Cleaning Solutions

« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2010, 08:18:12 pm »
I have seen quite a few times on this forum to use Powerburst hot,
are we talking kettle hot or tap hot.
I don't have a stainless steel sprayer so boiling water would,
probably blow mine up!
Is hot tap water hot enough!
David.
Owner of Deep Cleaning Solutions.
Expert in Web Design & SEO
www.rocketwebsitedesigners.co.uk

« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2010, 08:23:40 pm »
Hot tap is plenty, in fact over 65 degrees it doesn't work effectively, or so I have read.

With Pure Clean, I use 1 scoop per litre in the pre-spray and 1 scoop per 5 litres in the tank.

Deep Cleaning Solutions

« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2010, 08:29:28 pm »
Cheers Steve. 
David.
Owner of Deep Cleaning Solutions.
Expert in Web Design & SEO
www.rocketwebsitedesigners.co.uk

derek west

« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2010, 08:30:44 pm »
i did some tests and it worked brill with boiling water. or maybe it was the boiling water that worked brill, either way its win win.

" HOT HOT" ;D

james roffey

« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2010, 09:03:26 pm »
Just looked at Prochem pureclean and it said for extraction only no mention of using as a prespray

« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2010, 09:08:49 pm »
Don't take any notice of that James. use it as a prespray, freshwater rinse hot or cold, or add it to the tank - good product.

Steve. Taylor

« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2010, 09:10:56 pm »
James you can use pure clean for extraction tank, bonnet, prespray, spotting, upholstery pritty much everywhere just another micro splitter. not tried it in the bath or under me armpits yet ;D

« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2010, 09:12:33 pm »
Don't know where you got that from James, it says on Prochem's website that you can use it for extraction, bonnet or pre-spray.

« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2010, 09:15:35 pm »
Does the fib/fab cause any probs with a porty pump or corrosion?  is it basically an acid rinse or does it have other properties??

« Reply #18 on: May 06, 2010, 09:18:52 pm »
Jas

I am sure others with more experience than me will give a more concise answer, but personally I view all acidic rinses as simply being a tool to equalize the high ph pre-spray I put down.

Steve. Taylor

« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2010, 09:20:10 pm »
Power burst had a chat with the prochem rep and this is what he said when mixing hot not recommended above 65c But my thoughts are this As soon as it leaves the sprayer and hits the carpet it cant stay hot for long now by the time you aggitate and dwell for 10 minutes its cold.