Spotfree

How to be more productive
« on: May 20, 2019, 09:39:37 pm »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qP1AmDRhoas

Not window cleaning related but more work-related.

dazmond

Re: How to be more productive
« Reply #1 on: May 20, 2019, 10:57:25 pm »
most of it is common sense and experience.....

i work more efficiently using hot water,light poles and brushes,high flow,electric reel,being organised with invoices,chits,etc and working SHORT days(5 or 6 hrs).....
price higher/work harder!

dazmond

« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2019, 11:02:00 pm »
i also look after myself these days in regards to diet and exercise which also includes NO alcohol,recreational drugs or cigarettes.......its made a massive difference to my general  health and well being....

andyM

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2019, 07:06:56 am »
All that hard work and those wooden posts will start suffering from wet rot within 5 years.   
One of the Plebs

dazmond

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2019, 07:52:09 am »
i think in certain countries they work  6 hour days in some industries and are as productive as workers working 8 hour days....

Stoots

« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2019, 11:48:21 am »
i think in certain countries they work  6 hour days in some industries and are as productive as workers working 8 hour days....

Because 5-6 hours is enough work for anyone. Those in full time jobs probably work 5 hours and toss the other 3 off anyway.

Dave Willis

« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2019, 12:06:21 pm »
i also look after myself these days in regards to diet and exercise which also includes NO alcohol,recreational drugs or cigarettes.......its made a massive difference to my general  health and well being....

Dazmond, you boring old fart!

nathankaye

« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2019, 12:12:10 pm »
When I worked in sales, there was a part timer in our team. The only part timer amongst full time workers and I kid you not, she took home as much money as we did, based on sales.  The reason being?  She was more relaxed about her job, as she knew she wasn't stuck there all day, every day like the rest of us!

Slaving away all hours doesn't make for happy workers.
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

dazmond

« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2019, 03:48:38 pm »

Dazmond, you boring old fart!

quite the opposite.....guys that are still drinking,smoking and taking drugs in their 40s look old before their time around here.....

Perfect Windows

« Reply #9 on: May 21, 2019, 05:34:33 pm »

And one of the reasons politicans tend to tell us that productivity is "even lower than during the three-day-week" is that it was a high spot of productivity. My dad worked through it and said that three days work a week meant he cracked on with work, didn't waste time and looked forward to a four-day weekend.

That's why our franchises are based on doing three days a week. And that three day a week target is why our franchisees' daily turnovers are, frankly, insane. Knowing you only have to do three days a week is a great motivator.

Vin

dazmond

« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2019, 06:50:26 pm »
5 hours a day 4 or 5 days a week is my sweet spot.personally id hate to cram my workload into  3 days a week even if it means 4 days off before the next onslaught....each to their own(and thats why we work for ourselves! ;))

Stoots

« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2019, 07:45:54 am »
I'm usually motivated for 2 days, then do 4 reluctantly. It's rare i do 5

5 days work 2 off... when you think about it, its stupid, why work all your life like that, I think you should try and flip that to 2 on 5 off!

My aim is to work 3 or less very soon.

dazmond

« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2019, 08:13:30 am »

5 days work 2 off... when you think about it, its stupid, why work all your life like that, I think you should try and flip that to 2 on 5 off!

i dont get what your problem is  mate.....we ve got it good.....lots of people have to work 40+ hours a week every week and cant just take a day off when they please....

i enjoy working most of the time BECAUSE its short hours and good money and keeps me active.... what are you gonna do if your not working?

everybody i know works full time including my missus so even if i want to go out for the day somewhere id be going on my own! ::)roll ;D....also if your not working its easy to spend money rather than earning it...

andyM

« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2019, 08:17:24 am »
i dont get what your problem is  mate.....

Err it's quite simple Dazmond.......... window cleaning is boring!
Comprende?    
One of the Plebs

dazmond

« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2019, 08:32:00 am »
i dont get what your problem is  mate.....

Err it's quite simple Dazmond.......... window cleaning is boring!
Comprende?   

its nowhere near as boring as working for someone else for crap money and working long days IMO....some of you dont know how good you ve got it....

id of packed this game in a long time ago if i felt like adam......poor soul! ;D

lal

« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2019, 09:24:43 am »

i dont get what your problem is  mate.....we ve got it good.....lots of people have to work 40+ hours a week every week and cant just take a day off when they please....

i enjoy working most of the time BECAUSE its short hours and good money and keeps me active.... what are you gonna do if your not working?

everybody i know works full time including my missus so even if i want to go out for the day somewhere id be going on my own! ::)roll ;D....also if your not working its easy to spend money rather than earning it...

Dazmond i used to work very long hours in past jobs from years gone by, i absolutely love my hours now, the flexibility of
being able to do things when you need too, without having to grovel to your boss to get time off, it will sound corny to
some on here, but this is the happiest I've ever been in a job in my life, very very low stress, how bad is that. :)

AuRavelling79

« Reply #16 on: May 22, 2019, 01:24:18 pm »
I agree lal.
As I type this I started today at 9 o'clock and stopped for lunch at 1 o'clock. I'm sat in my van overlooking the Severn Vale listening to Vine'o on Radio Two having made more in a morning than many skilled tradesmen earn in a day.
I've got a couple of houses this afternoon and I'll be home by three.
It's great.
It's a game of three halves!

Stoots

« Reply #17 on: May 22, 2019, 02:29:46 pm »

My problem is maybe I want more from my life than working 5 days a week till I retire and beyond......

Maybe cleaning windows every day till I die doesn't inspire me that much.

Of course you can put anything into perspective if you want. It could always be worse for all of us.

I would want to work mate, just would like to do other things eventually and there's plenty of things I would rather be doing than cleaning windows

Spotfree

« Reply #18 on: May 22, 2019, 03:55:44 pm »

And one of the reasons politicans tend to tell us that productivity is "even lower than during the three-day-week" is that it was a high spot of productivity. My dad worked through it and said that three days work a week meant he cracked on with work, didn't waste time and looked forward to a four-day weekend.

That's why our franchises are based on doing three days a week. And that three day a week target is why our franchisees' daily turnovers are, frankly, insane. Knowing you only have to do three days a week is a great motivator.

Vin

What size tanks are you using vin?

Perfect Windows

« Reply #19 on: May 22, 2019, 03:59:52 pm »
650L. One man per van. Highest earner runs on full flow all day except on his mad days.

Vin