scrimit2

Re: Which liquid should we be using?
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2005, 08:09:04 pm »
I use fairy liquid but have just started putting some unger gel on the applicator as well it works well

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2005, 08:13:51 pm »
Surely that's just adding time to the job?

Apparently Unger also do a thinner liquid that does go in your bucket.

Anyone tried it?  Any good?

Roger.

g_griffin

« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2005, 09:42:17 pm »
I`ve used Unger Liquid and it`s ok but you need your applicator fairly wet for effective use.
 This is not always practical for me. As Marc mentioned,years of using Fairy has led me into bad habits  ::).

Gerry.

scrimit2

« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2005, 05:02:27 pm »
Surely that's just adding time to the job?

Not sure if you meant my comment about putting unger gel on applicator, but if so, I only do once or twice through the day, not every time I go to the bucket, I had another window cleaner help me the other day and he tried it, it makes the squeegee glide much better.

Ian_Giles

« Reply #24 on: July 03, 2005, 07:20:34 pm »
Unger liquid I've found is fine, I like it because there is less to edge and detail, I rather imagine that GG3/4 is similar.
These liquids take some getting used to, if you have been used to washing up liquid they take some adapting to.
I've used the Unger Gel too, I think it has its uses, wouldn't want to use it to the exclusion of all else though.
But I doubt I'll ever go back to using washing up liquid.

Regards,

Ian
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES

s.hughes

« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2005, 09:04:56 pm »
Unger liquid I've found is fine, I like it because there is less to edge and detail, I rather imagine that GG3/4 is similar.
These liquids take some getting used to, if you have been used to washing up liquid they take some adapting to.
I've used the Unger Gel too, I think it has its uses, wouldn't want to use it to the exclusion of all else though.
But I doubt I'll ever go back to using washing up liquid.

Regards,

Ian
Hi Ian
I've got the unger liquid, but not sure how much to put in a bucket. How much do you reckon?

Steveyboy

wrighty

« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2005, 09:33:24 pm »
SQUEEGIE OFF IS THE SEST I HAVE USED.  I tried to use gg4 for a bit and I counld not use it although prior to th days I used Squeegie off I thought GG4 was great.

B&Q sell SO but it does not seem as good of quality to buying 5 Litres from the suppliers.  I know it is the same stuff but the B&Q bottles I have bought to put me on have been less economical for me as I have had to put more in.

STRANGE REALLY I KNOW

BUT Squeegie Off is far from great

Hope this helps

Wrighty

s.hughes

« Reply #27 on: July 04, 2005, 07:17:27 am »
Hi
That squeegie off liquid. Try washing your car with it. Comes up great.

Steveyboy

Ian_Giles

« Reply #28 on: July 04, 2005, 10:45:34 pm »
Steveyboy,
Dilution rate for Unger liquid is 100:1
Put too much in and it isn't as good! Does also depend on how hard your water is too.
I'm not sure if it Ross who has incredibly hard water, but those that do have real problems getting a decent solution.
If you have an R/O, then at least you can use pure water, thus eliminating hard water problems.
Heck, I reckon if I was a traditional cleaner in one of these areas I would by a cheap R/O unit and use that to produce the water I put in my bucket.
The outlay would be more than balanced by the benefits of having good water to clean with.

Regards,

Ian
Ian. ISM CLEANING SERVICES