drakestar!

WARNING! Dont get caught out
« on: July 25, 2008, 05:31:21 pm »
I just had a phone call to give a quote thanks to advertizing on yell.com, but i checked the address.................
...its the local gipsy camp! If i ddnt realise i would of driven in & probabley walked out, minus my van & money!
Get my drift ::)

DaveG

Re: WARNING! Dont get caught out
« Reply #1 on: July 25, 2008, 06:06:39 pm »
bet you would have done the job quick tho!!!!!! ;)
You can't polish a turd

ftp

« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2008, 09:05:00 pm »
Are they worse than council estates?

Joking aside, i picked up three council houses that i didn't want this week - one was fairly typical with dog mess everywhere and a bull terrier sniffing round my protecta balls but they want me every four weeks and their money looks the same as every one elses.

tompoole

« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2008, 09:09:00 pm »
could b a good earner. if u r wfp, you can offer to clean all the caravans not just the windows  ;)

mr merson

« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2008, 09:15:07 pm »
They are lovelly people  ;D  And there caravans are spotless ! Dont believe me ? Then go in for a tea  ;D Most down to earth people you will ever meet ! You could learn a lot about doing business from them  ;D

jeff1

« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2008, 09:31:31 pm »
They are lovelly people  ;D  And there caravans are spotless ! Dont believe me ? Then go in for a tea  ;D Most down to earth people you will ever meet ! You could learn a lot about doing business from them  ;D
Spot on, I've had a cuppa tea with them, if you get in with Just one of them your safe, I can drive onto my local Gypsy site with no worries.
The thing is, I drive on there and everytime I'm stopped by the same woman asking me what I want, as soon as I mention a name, I'm allowed to carry on with no problems, I would hate to think what would happen if I didn't have a name.

Paul Coleman

« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2008, 11:03:31 pm »
Gonna speak as I find here.  I've never had a problem with such people - quite the opposite in fact.  I've always treated them with respect and received respect in return.

d s windowcleaning

« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2008, 11:41:56 pm »
Gonna speak as I find here.  I've never had a problem with such people - quite the opposite in fact.  I've always treated them with respect and received respect in return.
i will second that .
where theres muck theres money

LWC

« Reply #8 on: July 26, 2008, 07:21:59 am »
third that

theyre fine people

and wanna see some nice (brand new) cars and tidy caravans? go to gypsy camp, they are LOADED!

ftp

« Reply #9 on: July 26, 2008, 07:36:25 am »
What do they load them with. ???

Dean Taberner

« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2008, 11:48:59 am »
 ;D
Operations manager at J.V Price Ltd

http://www.thepricegroup.co.uk

LWC

« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2008, 05:14:53 pm »
What do they load them with. ???

CASH

Mr H

« Reply #12 on: July 26, 2008, 10:01:39 pm »
every time they illeagle pitch around here ,there is a mini crime wave and the mess the dirty sods leave behind is disgusting

You'll find that the mess is caused by "travellers" and NOT true "Gypsies". True Gypsies keep their area very tidy all though they do often camp illegally. Because of their illegal camping they often get "travellers" moving in to or near the same area..... After a few weeks the mess will make the Gypsies move on and more travellers will move in but they all get tied with the same bad reputation.

Regards
Mr H

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #13 on: July 26, 2008, 11:05:44 pm »
I used to go to a gypsy camp in Gloucester when I was in insurance.
Hideous place.
The people were ok, but I didn't trust many of them or their dogs.
Some of the women had beards, and I'm not joking.

Yes they've got money, but they do lots of stealing and selling dodgy gear, and pay no taxes.
Before you say I'm being nasty, I know that for a fact from talking to them every month! ;D

I called it a "camp", but it's static caravans mainly, and has proper postal addresses for the "houses"
As far as I know it's still there 15 years later.
Must be overrun with burnt out cars and dog poo by now. :o

mark dew

« Reply #14 on: July 27, 2008, 12:38:41 am »
Proper gypsies detest the traveller/pikey types more than the general public do. Pikeys don't stay long, if at all on gypsy sites cos they are unwanted due to the trouble they bring with them.

davids3511

« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2008, 01:00:11 am »
Maybe I am stupid but how do you tell the difference between a Traveller and a Gypsy?

mark dew

« Reply #16 on: July 27, 2008, 01:58:02 am »
Maybe I am stupid but how do you tell the difference between a Traveller and a Gypsy?

Travellers are the ex middle class bods with dirty fingernails who now talk like guy ritchie. Gypsies live in spotless caravans on legal sites.  ;D

« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2008, 09:15:55 am »
And what are the filthy inbred peasants called that park on road-verges, vandalising private property to gain access to a parkable pitch, leaving garden waste, human excrement, babies nappies and filth behind them for us to pay to have cleared up?

Sir Squeaky

« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2008, 10:57:45 am »

Travellers are the ex middle class bods with dirty fingernails who now talk like guy ritchie. Gypsies live in spotless caravans on legal sites.  ;D
There was nothing spotless about the site I used to visit!
Totally the opposite.

« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2008, 11:44:55 pm »
But the question that I do not understand. How do Gypsies make their money?  Same has Travellers?

People who run fair ground rides.  What are they classed has. Gypsies?