G Griffin

Re: What would you have done
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2017, 09:08:15 pm »
I'd egg the fascias before he does them.
And when he's done them, I'd egg the fascias.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

PHILIP HARDY

« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2017, 09:16:51 pm »
I do not need the work so told her it is best to let him carry on with the windows in future.

With this in mind + you said earlier it was a job you never fancied, I think you have done the right thing,sometimes you give  bit for loyal custies and sometimes you gotta do things for yourself.
The Stupid Neither Forgive Nor Forget
The Naive Forgive And Forget
The Wise Forgive But Don't Forget

8weekly

« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2017, 09:20:07 pm »
I do not need the work so told her it is best to let him carry on with the windows in future.
He very likely underquoted the fascias so he may well underquote the windows and then drop it.

W.booler

« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2017, 09:56:04 pm »
I just wouldn't go back. I don't think I'd bother telling them either.
+1

Flash..

« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2017, 10:22:17 pm »
And what did she say ?

Nothing yet

Danny F

« Reply #25 on: August 01, 2017, 06:16:04 pm »
Depends

My initial reaction would be to dump and swear etc.

But you have to remember this is business, whether you continue to clean it shouldnt be based on emotions, it should be based on if it makes business sense.

I went to quote a large commercial recently at the request of a new £10 4 weekly customer. Off i went, gave the quote and the cretin never got back to me with a response, even after i had asked he just ignored me. first thoughts were to dump him but..

I still clean his house windows, because its an easy 5 minutes and hes on go cardless, i think he is an ignorant mod note: language!  but i never see him and i dont really care, its all about the paper.

best response. Thread done.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #26 on: August 02, 2017, 05:20:54 pm »
And what did she say ?

Nothing yet

Well? (Drumming fingers to a syncopated beat in eager anticipation.)

:)
It's a game of three halves!

Dave Anderson

« Reply #27 on: August 02, 2017, 06:35:06 pm »
syncopated   ...... oooooh we are getting all fancy  ;D were not brickies you know !
The more I know the less I know I know ...

Spruce

« Reply #28 on: August 02, 2017, 07:21:27 pm »
Depends

My initial reaction would be to dump and swear etc.

But you have to remember this is business, whether you continue to clean it shouldnt be based on emotions, it should be based on if it makes business sense.

I went to quote a large commercial recently at the request of a new £10 4 weekly customer. Off i went, gave the quote and the cretin never got back to me with a response, even after i had asked he just ignored me. first thoughts were to dump him but..

I still clean his house windows, because its an easy 5 minutes and hes on go cardless, i think he is an ignorant mod note: language!  but i never see him and i dont really care, its all about the paper.

..... and your reputation.  Adam, I think you have said well.

It doesn't take long for a smart remark in response to escalate out of proportion to your reputation's detriment. If the op had clearly set his stall out to begin with when he first quoted the customer then it makes it easier to deal with these problems of customer's moving the goal posts.
"We offer a 4 weekly clean and £x, an 8 weekly clean at £xx and any long interval at £xxx. The first clean is £xxx."

Now if the goal posts are moved then the op already has the answer. The customer was clearly informed at the outset and if you skip a clean then this is the price for the next one.

If they get upset then just politely apologise for loosing them as a customer and thank them for their past business. Then move on.

We've seen it numerous times. A customer starts creating little issues with our work quality (last time you left streaks a couple of the windows, etc) which then generate into the customer terminating our services. The real reason was not us but them.

As someone says; just don't take it personally. Become Teflon coated like the Michelin man where no dirt sticks.

Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

NWH

« Reply #29 on: August 03, 2017, 11:33:21 am »
Did a gutter vac job  the other day the money was fantastic but I hated every minute doing it,the same goes for facias and soffits. Tbh it was like working all over again lol I'd much rather walk round with a pole for most of the day colouring in glass.

P @ F

« Reply #30 on: August 03, 2017, 12:11:19 pm »
Did a gutter vac job  the other day the money was fantastic but I hated every minute doing it,the same goes for facias and soffits. Tbh it was like working all over again lol I'd much rather walk round with a pole for most of the day colouring in glass.
Im with this , i have not touched my vac or done FSG or conny roofs for 2 years now , strictly colouring in for me these days !
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

NWH

« Reply #31 on: August 03, 2017, 05:21:31 pm »
All this gutter cleaning facias and soffits it holds me up from doing my window work much rather be doing  that day to day,when you charge what you should be for doing it the penny soon drops with em what your earning a day. Regardless of what your cleaning you can clean a vast amount in a short time especially with hot water no matter how dirty it is on plastic,I would much rather be in and out and gone not hanging around trying to justify what I want for washing the whole house down.

P @ F

« Reply #32 on: August 03, 2017, 08:04:26 pm »
For me it was a few things , health issues was the main reason , but i have to say that i used to do them far too cheaply , every man and their dog wanted it , when i upped the prices to where they should have been my area soon turned into the heart attack capital of the uk  ;D ;D ;D
I was left quoting and not getting any , needless to say that there are a lot of mucky whites where i am now , tough on them  ;)

Rich 
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

dazmond

« Reply #33 on: August 03, 2017, 10:20:26 pm »
i dont mind the odd add on job whether its f/s/g,conny roofs or solar panels.of course i dont do them cheap so i dont get too many but the ones i do are worth it.i get more job satisfaction too than cleaning regular window cleaning jobs.
price higher/work harder!

slap bash

« Reply #34 on: August 04, 2017, 04:57:26 pm »
It's time to take out the silicon sealer gun and fill up the keyholes.  ;D ;D ;D