Flash..

What would you have done
« on: July 31, 2017, 05:45:07 pm »
I got this message from a regular clean that is a job that I never look forward to as its a hard clean, what would your reply be?

Hi Mark I have another man coming to clean fascias (his quote was cheaper unfortunetly) so please could you not come for the next time as the man will clean the windows after he has done the fascias and gutters? Late September to restart if thats OK with you?

Cookie

Re: What would you have done
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2017, 05:55:55 pm »
It depends how much you want the work.

I would suggest you earmark this job for a price rise next time round - to make it more worthwhile.

Tosh

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2017, 05:56:24 pm »
I just wouldn't go back. I don't think I'd bother telling them either.
*A HISTORY OF THE UNIVERSE - THE SHORT STORY* 'Hydrogen is a light, odorless gas, which, given enough time, turns into people.'

dazmond

« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2017, 05:58:43 pm »
I got this message from a regular clean that is a job that I never look forward to as its a hard clean, what would your reply be?

Hi Mark I have another man coming to clean fascias (his quote was cheaper unfortunetly) so please could you not come for the next time as the man will clean the windows after he has done the fascias and gutters? Late September to restart if thats OK with you?

are you struggling for more work?

is she a good payer?

is it good money for time taken or a "grudge" clean?

id make my decision on the 3 things above.

you could end up losing the job anyway to the other cleaner(ive lost one or two to cheaper cleaners too from time to time)
price higher/work harder!

nathankaye

« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2017, 06:04:28 pm »
Very similar to daz on this one.
If you need the work then no choice but to suck it up and at least he/she still wants you to clean on a regular basis.

If you dont need it then you could message back thanking him for his custom and how busy you are that you would be happy to leave him under the care of the new cleaner.
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Dave Anderson

« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2017, 06:16:47 pm »
Go out and find 2 more customers and in the mean time just say 'Yes of course no problems'.... once you find the 2 replacements .... decide.

But whatever you do... don't let it play on your mind (easier said that done)...
The more I know the less I know I know ...

SB Cleaning

« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2017, 06:28:59 pm »
I would get rid straight away but im lucky that i dont need the work.

DaveG

« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2017, 06:38:38 pm »
Don't reply and don't go back
You can't polish a turd

p1w1

« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2017, 06:45:05 pm »
Have to agree i wouldnt be going back either.

NWH

« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2017, 06:51:46 pm »
I would not go back and wouldn't tell them either absolutely no loyalty at all for the sake of a few pounds,I would say it's a polite way of telling you we've found someone else.

P @ F

« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2017, 07:01:02 pm »
It would be one off the books for me also , i get that its the custies choice to get the cheapest price , i do it when the van needs work that i dont want to or cant do .
Being as you dont enjoy the job get rid because if you get too many of them on the books it will kill your mojo for the job , i have been there and done it !
Im lucky that i can pick and choose what i do these days , i dont need the work , i could always do with more wedge , but i will get that by enjoying what im doing , that is key for me .

Rich
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

Johnny B

« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2017, 07:07:34 pm »
I wouldn't have any problem with the other guy doing the fascias, but I would be a little miffed if I were to be told that he would be doing the windows in my place, then to be told to start again the following time. I always respect the customers' right to choose, but I want to be either their window cleaner or not their window cleaner.

I wouldn't show my feelings though. If I were to say anything, it would be along the lines that I wouldn't want to take the other guy's work from him, so why not stick with him, all communicated politely and with a cheery smile.

I had one recently. I clean this house occasionally, when it suits her.

She had asked me to call to her the next time I was around. When the time came to call, she told me she had got her brother-in-law to do them. No problem, said I.

I am due in her area now, and if she asks I will use the line I mentioned above.

John

Being diplomatic is being able to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2017, 07:18:28 pm »
Well the other cleaner would have to do the windows really as they would be filthy from the fascia clean etc. Also, we don't know the extent to which the customer has saved money.. a few quid or a hundred?

This forum is full of people who spend all night trying to save 2 quid on a bag of resin!!
Comfortably Numb!

P @ F

« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2017, 07:26:15 pm »
Here this will show you how serious i am about enjoying my day to day , these 2 jobs i have gotten rid of in the past 2 years , the first one i gave to S.A.J window cleaning for an Aquadapter  :o
The second one i just gave up as timings and payments were not on the ball , now that was a big job !!

֍Winp®oClean֍

« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2017, 08:19:14 pm »
Here this will show you how serious i am about enjoying my day to day , these 2 jobs i have gotten rid of in the past 2 years , the first one i gave to S.A.J window cleaning for an Aquadapter  :o
The second one i just gave up as timings and payments were not on the ball , now that was a big job !!

You're a changed man since you had that "funny turn" Rich!! ;D
Comfortably Numb!

Stoots

« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2017, 08:44:29 pm »
Depends

My initial reaction would be to dump and swear etc.

But you have to remember this is business, whether you continue to clean it shouldnt be based on emotions, it should be based on if it makes business sense.

I went to quote a large commercial recently at the request of a new £10 4 weekly customer. Off i went, gave the quote and the cretin never got back to me with a response, even after i had asked he just ignored me. first thoughts were to dump him but..

I still clean his house windows, because its an easy 5 minutes and hes on go cardless, i think he is an ignorant mod note: language!  but i never see him and i dont really care, its all about the paper.

P @ F

« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2017, 08:51:45 pm »

You're a changed man since you had that "funny turn" Rich!! ;D
Yes i know , im just asking myself now if it was for the better  ;D ;D ;D

P @ F

« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2017, 08:58:20 pm »
Depends

My initial reaction would be to dump and swear etc.

But you have to remember this is business, whether you continue to clean it shouldnt be based on emotions, it should be based on if it makes business sense.

I went to quote a large commercial recently at the request of a new £10 4 weekly customer. Off i went, gave the quote and the cretin never got back to me with a response, even after i had asked he just ignored me. first thoughts were to dump him but..

I still clean his house windows, because its an easy 5 minutes and hes on go cardless, i think he is an ignorant [ ]  but i never see him and i dont really care, its all about the paper.
Now you see this is the prime example of a guy trying to shave a few quid off , he is ready to drop his workplace window cleaner for you if you were cheaper , this would be alarmbells for me .........you have numbered days my friend , as soon as that flyer falls though his home letterbox with £8 on it your butt is in the bin mate  ;D

Flash..

« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2017, 09:04:44 pm »
I do not need the work so told her it is best to let him carry on with the windows in future.

P @ F

« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2017, 09:07:03 pm »
And what did she say ?