D.Salkeld_Ltd

How To Use WFP?
« on: June 04, 2006, 06:44:46 pm »
Hi,

Does anyone know where I can buy a book, get some comprehensive literature, or find a web site to learn the skills of using Water Fed Pole.

Thanks
David Salkeld
Not Perfect - But Honest

jeff1

Re: How To Use WFP?
« Reply #1 on: June 04, 2006, 06:53:59 pm »
Hi Dave

Jouk, was telling me that there are Video's/DvD's on the market, showing the methods of wfp.

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #2 on: June 04, 2006, 07:09:40 pm »
David I think these forums are the best book  :)

Trevor Knight

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2006, 07:13:06 pm »
David,

If you are needing advice on a certain aspect, start a post and you will get a wealth of experience on this forum to answer your questions.

Is there something in particular you want to know.

1st Cleans
Sills
Frames
Rinsing
Sey up
Running Costs

Let us know and we will help ya?

Best wishes,

Trev
Covering Hampshire, Dorset, Surrey, Berkshire

D.Salkeld_Ltd

« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2006, 07:22:16 pm »
Thanks Guys,

I've been WFP for about 2 months and I have had to learn by trial and error.  I have had a lot of good advice from you all.  It is difficult to put in a specific question what I want to know............But here goes!

My question is:

From start to finish, what is the best method of washing a window WFP?

Thanks
David
Not Perfect - But Honest

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2006, 07:35:57 pm »
Including frames or just glass ?

H h20

« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2006, 07:39:30 pm »
Dave, have a look at this link scroll down and click on the pulex wfp video
http://www.eaglepower.com/ Gaz  ;)

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2006, 08:12:39 pm »
That does not tell you much.

they look like Ionics poles and brushes to me

Dave

D.Salkeld_Ltd

« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2006, 09:04:24 pm »
Thanks Guys,

Took a look at the video.  Remind me of an Ettore Video I got a couple of years ago.

Jeff Brimble,

I'm pleased you have posted!!  From what I see you are a GURU of Backpack WFP.  I answer to your Question....BOTH please.

David
Not Perfect - But Honest

Jeff Brimble

« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2006, 09:30:33 pm »
Guru or God I aint.
In answer to how to clean a window, have you got all night ? I havent so if someone could help out here ? its the sort of answer you could write a book on  :) :)
Because bpacs are minimalist I use about  1/2 litre/min which means that you may have to do some hphobic windows twice. Depends on 4/6/8/week rota. I am 8w so in winter its a 1 stroke clean(usually) but in dusty conditions in  summer it can be a 2 stroke clean. Unfortunately for you and fortunate for the rest of the group =-so I wont get boring, I only do the glass so someone else please for the frames  :)
First I quick wash, move to next window do that then quick rinse the previous window etc. If really dirty occasionally I may need a 3rd rinse in direct sun with dust.
I start Lt to Rt (being RH) wash the top edge of the glass and down the rt  side to the frame then go back to top Lhs and wash up and down then across the window L to Rt Then I bang the brush on the bottom rt of pane and may rinse on the glass going horizontal side to side. It takes about a max of 30 secs per 3 pane window. If there are a lot of openers that could dribble down I do these first and go back later( maybe 2-4 min)  with transverse cross frames I have to do the cross frame as well but leave the bottom bit till later, same with Georgians, sometimes they need to be done in rows. But theres another "book"

abacus

« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2006, 09:56:26 pm »
Hi David
do you use back pack trolly or van system?
reards grant
A service you can count on
SAFEcontractor approved

master cleaner

« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2006, 10:10:59 pm »
hi david

the best advice is to clean the top of the frames that is where most of the muck comes from , next the top of the window i always run my brush ( force of habit now )  back and forth over the top of the window.
most of my work is fortnightly so they arn't that mucky

gary

jouk45

« Reply #12 on: June 05, 2006, 12:29:24 am »
 david, their is a wfp training  association some where in this forum, anyway what hapens is you pay £130 i think a year, for this you get online video training, and lots of other benifits, am searching now to see if i can find it again

jouk45

« Reply #13 on: June 05, 2006, 12:46:32 am »