I've stepped down as moderator! New
« on: June 02, 2006, 06:37:59 pm »
Hi all,

I'm no longer a moderator!  I wasn't sacked as many of you may think I was; neither was I asked to resign!

I think I wasn't upto the job; there's far too many posts I was letting slip by, without deleting/amending and I found it increasingly awkward to take a tougher stance; because I'm just as bad at going off-topic as other posters can be.

I'm not sure who the new moderator is; I recommended Trevor Knight, as his posts are always on topic; he's literate; appears to run a professional outfit and seems like a straight guy.

I hope you lot support who-ever the next mod is; as you've supported me; usually!

Anyway, this isn't a 'goodbye'; more of a 'standing aside'.  This is a cracking forum; the best us window cleaners have; and I didn't want to spoil it.

Had I been a moderator now, I would've made this post a 'sticky' and 'locked' topic; so you lot couldn't give me a slagging.

But my mod keys have gone. :(

Regards all, and thankyou for making a geek like me have a little bit of excitement, on occassion.

Tosh.

Paul Coleman

Re: I've stepped down as moderator!
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2006, 06:41:27 pm »
Hi all,

I'm no longer a moderator!  I wasn't sacked as many of you may think; neither was I asked to resign!

I think I wasn't upto the job; there's far too many posts I was letting slip by, without deleting/amending and I found it increasingly awkward to take a tougher stance; because I'm just as bad at going off-topic as other posters can be.

I'm not sure who the new moderator is; I recommended Trevor Knight, as his posts are always on topic; he's literate; appears to run a professional outfit and seems like a straight guy.

I hope you lot support who-ever the next mod is; as you've supported me; usually!

Anyway, this isn't a 'goodbye'; more of a 'standing aside'.  This is a cracking forum; the best us window cleaners have; and I didn't want to spoil it.

Had I been a moderator now, I would've made this post a 'sticky' and 'locked' topic; so you lot couldn't give me a slagging.

But my mod keys have gone. :(

Regards all, and thankyou for making a geek like me have a little bit of excitement, on occassion.

Tosh.

Thanks for all you've done Tosh.
I nominate Squeaky   ;D

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2006, 06:50:10 pm »
I've just noticed, I can still lock topics.

Anyway, Squeaky would just lock all non-ladder or non-squeegie related topics and have stickies stating how pure-water cleaning systems leaves spots and stuff.

Thread locked!

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2006, 06:51:41 pm »
Oh, go on then, unlocked; discuss who you think would be a good mod and why; if you want.

Trevor Knight

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2006, 06:54:54 pm »
Through fear of being slated maybe I should lock it now  ;D ;D ;D

On a serious note, I am gratefeul for all your input Tosh and your recommendation to fill your shoes as such.

Please don't go off topic too much as I would hate to bite the hand that fed me  ;)

If you look at the top of the forum there is a posting just for you Tosh, go and read all your good wishes,

All the best trev,

Now, shall i lock this lol
Covering Hampshire, Dorset, Surrey, Berkshire

Paul Coleman

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2006, 06:55:25 pm »
Oh, go on then, unlocked; discuss who you think would be a good mod and why; if you want.

That's why I nominated him but it was only tongue-in-cheek  :)

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2006, 07:16:24 pm »
Please don't go off topic too much as I would hate to bite the hand that fed me  ;)

All the best trev,

Trev,

Don't worry mate.  If something 'narks' you, delete or amend it and tough on anyone it offends!

Philip Hanson used this policy to good effect; you don't have to explain yourself either.

We need a 'bit of a Hitler' round here to shape us up!

Anyway, you don't need to listen to me either; I'm sure you'll adapt your own style of moderating.

Good luck,

Regards,

Tosh

Thread Locked!