macc

Federation of Window Cleaners
« on: June 02, 2006, 04:10:26 pm »
Just a quicky. Just phoned them up to ask a few things & to become a member its £70 a year going up to £80 in July. An imformation pack is being posted to me about the bennifits of being a member.

My Q to you ladies & gents is:

1: Have any of you joined as members.
2: Would you reccommend joining.
3: What the advantage of being a member.

Thanks guys.  ;D

macc

ducky

Re: Federation of Window Cleaners
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2006, 05:38:13 pm »
the best man to speak to is tam moffat he is on the board if u give me a number  i will get him to phone u. :)
if it cleans we will clean it

macc

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2006, 08:48:09 pm »
come on chaps, 60 have looked & only one reply.  ???
Does that mean none of you are members?

macc

Helen

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2006, 10:01:16 pm »

1. Did but a total waste of money. Left now
2. See above....NO
3. Ummm you could buy stuff from their shop at prices over and above else where. You get a cardboard cut out ID card with no picture. You get people passed retirement running the show in a way circa 1947. They're even running an advert on E-bay which has loads of spelling mistakes and anyway is against the rules of selling on E-bay.

Look elsewhere for up and coming window cleaning 'trade' organisations.

jeff1

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2006, 10:16:07 pm »
Asked the same question some time back, and all the replys were negative so I never Joined,

I value the advice given, buy the members of this forum.

chris@c.m.s

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2006, 10:40:20 pm »
Thought there was a new body more worthy of joining not got around to it yet but I will :) 
Sussex by the sea

abacus

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2006, 11:07:41 pm »
Hi macc
yes have been a member for a number years in fact since I started window cleaning

yes I think they do a good job
yes a lot of what people tell you is right they are are sometimes a little out of date and they do get thing wrong however I had a pole system on demestic three years ago and was one of the first in the area due to the fed the card could be better its true but its won me some good contracts and they where the first to bring H&S to wc attention.

Its easy for other who do nothing but pay a small sub, and it was and is by other trade feds and associations subs small,
to ist back and moan and expect mirricles.

1. Did but a total waste of money. Left now
2. See above....NO
3. Ummm you could buy stuff from their shop at prices over and above else where. You get a cardboard cut out ID card with no picture. You get people passed retirement running the show in a way circa 1947. They're even running an advert on E-bay which has loads of spelling mistakes and anyway is against the rules of selling on E-bay.

Look elsewhere for up and coming window cleaning 'trade' organisations.

yes if you want it run with a bias to one perticular company and one with wfp only direction

as for thier prices that depends on where you are based my supplier was alway more than them for scrims and rubbers and they have to post it wich costs more

I also use thier printed bills for domestics very hand and cheap I print my name and details on them and they look a lot more profesional than the bits of paper I have seen others using

there is a wind of change and hopefull it will inprove more still I think it is worth joining see how you can use it

Helen I am not trying to have ago it did not work for you and you are right to say so I just found that I have more jobs and contracts from being joined than the benifits of yellow pages and at less than 10% of the cost. as for e-bay thats thier problem to sort there seems to be a lot of rules broken there
but I do take your point as for spelling I can't shout thank god I'm better at cleaning windows or I would be in trouble.

ps can we have a spell check on here please

have a go macc
regards grant
A service you can count on
SAFEcontractor approved