bennymon

starting out
« on: June 02, 2006, 03:03:17 pm »
hi folks im starting my new round next monday its all new to me i will be using trolley and wfp  im hoping to work from 9 till 3  most jobs are be 3 bed semi as a newbie how many should i be able to do in that  time   many thanks

aztec

Re: starting out
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2006, 04:00:16 pm »
welcome mate i think you should aim for around £25.00 per hour to start.i am now working at a rate of £40.00 per hour but to get that fast takes time (with no complaints from customers aswell of course)you should do 3 an hour to start but that is the minimum!

JM123

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2006, 04:15:32 pm »
I wouldn't worry about how quickly I was working at the start,remember, if you don't do a good job you'll lose customers so take your time, do a good job and just stick at it.  Has anyone shown you how to use wfp??
Live life in the fast lane.......if you break down you'll freewheel further

Ballymena N.I

Trevor Knight

« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2006, 04:20:56 pm »
I wouldn't worry about how quickly I was working at the start,remember, if you don't do a good job you'll lose customers so take your time, do a good job and just stick at it. Has anyone shown you how to use wfp??

Agreed, no point cleaning 25 houses in a day to have to go back and re-clean 10 of them becuase you have rushed things.

Remember, you only get one opportunity to make a first impression, don't make it your last!!

Good luck,

Trev
Covering Hampshire, Dorset, Surrey, Berkshire

P @ F

« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2006, 09:14:06 pm »
All above spot on , i myself have always since day one been more interested in the finished job , my old mans fault he instilled the quality not quantity bit in me , ok , i still dont make what i should but i live well and my customers are well happy with what i do , speed will come slowly but surely .
I average £25 ph on domestic , im happy with that .

Rich   P @ F 
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

bennymon

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2006, 09:56:01 pm »
cheers lads  ;) ive only used pole on my own place windows came out quite well there were a couple of marks when the water had dried but not many  my main worry was i tried to clean some marks from the frames using the side of the brush to scrape them off but it left a couple of red marks and they were a sod to clean off . well fingers crossed things will be fine ive got 40 jobs to do next week and im gonna take my time and do a good job  :) :) :)

P @ F

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2006, 10:07:46 pm »
Bennymon , your obviously using Vikan brushes !
Dont worry after a few days use the red marks stop , best way to get them off is rub with your finger , many on here like Gaz brushes , i have not tried them , i love the Vikan , its all i know though !

Rich   P @ F
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !